NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the dogs could have verified that first day with their sniffers! Maybe they did not use the dogs 'til much later. #dumb. JMO

I did read somewhere which Hospital,but it escapes me where. She checked herself in, so probably no public record of that. Do you mean scent from the manhole and which direction? Good question. Maybe they got a ride, after all...because there should have been scent picked up where the first witnesses say they encountered the men. hmmm JMO

I thought I read which hospital as well, but can't find it now.
Yes from man hole, seems odd no scent from there but scent four days later in woods.
I wish they would give a lie detector test at some point to the first couple that reported possible sighting and especially to the 22yo 40 miles south that pulled much of the search effort down there for a couple of days.

When you go to work in a prison you are educated and warned about the manipulation game inmates play. They are VERY good at it, if they get one claw in before you know it they own you. I would love to feel bad for her, but I am sure this all started with one claw and grew from there. When they start shaking up this prison you might be surprised to see how many nickels fall out concerning other staff. Sadly I worked at a prison that was a MESS and watched Officer after Officer either get walked out or arrested. The only people I feel bad for is her kids/grandchildren, the community that she failed to protect, and the Officers and dogs putting their life on the line....

Poster Ventura just said it was Alice Hyde Medical.

I thought I read which hospital as well, but can't find it now.
Yes from man hole, seems odd no scent from there but scent four days later in woods.
I wish they would give a lie detector test at some point to the first couple that reported possible sighting and especially to the 22yo 40 miles south that pulled much of the search effort down there for a couple of days.

Here is a link to an article stating the name of the hospital.

http://m.wptz.com/news/authorities-identify-person-of-interest-connected-to-escape/33482646

When you go to work in a prison you are educated and warned about the manipulation game inmates play. They are VERY good at it, if they get one claw in before you know it they own you. I would love to feel bad for her, but I am sure this all started with one claw and grew from there. When they start shaking up this prison you might be surprised to see how many nickels fall out concerning other staff. Sadly I worked at a prison that was a MESS and watched Officer after Officer either get walked out or arrested. The only people I feel bad for is her kids/grandchildren, the community that she failed to protect, and the Officers and dogs putting their life on the line....

Since that CNN TV news I saw this morning and mentioned in previous post about I am waiting to see if her husband will end up arrested.

People have wondered about the noise of the cutting tools and one thing I saw in a movie that could help explain how they pulled it off is that other prisoners all could have been making noise at the same time on purpose to help disguise the noise of the saw if they used the sawzaw.

Like they could have planned to have all the prisoners yelling and playing their music loud at certain exact times they were cutting.

I do think there are a bunch of people involved. We probably won't learn much about the prison's internal investigation but I'm sure that guards are in trouble among others (prisoners and civilians). Should have been just too obvious to miss, in my opinion. JMO

Since that CNN TV news I saw this morning and mentioned in previous post about I am waiting to see if her husband will end up arrested.

People have wondered about the noise of the cutting tools and one thing I saw in a movie that could help explain how they pulled it off is that other prisoners all could have been making noise at the same time on purpose to help disguise the noise of the saw if they used the sawzaw.

Like they could have planned to have all the prisoners yelling and playing their music loud at certain exact times they were cutting.

Since she wasn't charged with providing the power tools, that means either someone else gave those tools to them or someone else did the actual sawing/cutting. Either way my money is on the husband. JMO

My sister is dating a man who spent 20 years in various prisons (always the judgment of good character she is...) He was apparently pretty high up in the food chain and a shot caller - and he has told her all kinds of stories about how he "owned" guards, cops etc. On the other hand, he got the s**t kicked out of him by some Aryan Brotherhood inmates who "owned" other guards that conveniently left the cell door open for them to get at him. So...I totally get what you are saying about prison staff.

I also have a nephew in prison and he's as manipulative as they get - "I'm starving - can you please send me some a box or put some money on my books" being as loving as can be in his requests. Once he gets said money or food boxes- there's no communication. He tried to convince me they had shorted him coffee in his order and that I needed to contact them about the missing coffee. Stupid me believed him only to be set straight by the prison and by the company itself - he was conning his own aunt.

Different mentalities for sure...

When I worked at the County Jail (long time Detentions/Corrections Career woman here...lol) We had the guys on Eastside wing cut through a metal door tongue, it took them weeks of working with a hacksaw blade. They had a system where when we would go up the steps West side would cue them to stop...they did all the cutting on night shift when we only had two on and just worked out a system. If they had used power tools we would have heard however, regardless of inmate noise or radio/television. I wonder if construction was going on somewhere nearby within the prison so the noise was overlooked? IMHO

Since she wasn't charged with providing the power tools, that means either someone else gave those tools to them or someone else did the actual sawing/cutting. Either way my money is on the husband. JMO

I agree others helped out in some way. The one thing I keep thinking is that someone cut the original holes to the cells from inside the wall. I had mentioned before why I think this.

Its hard to describe but when you look at the photo of the cell behind the bed. You can see a frame. The hole followed the frame perfectly. I think the only way you could cut that hole and follow the frame perfectly is from inside the wall. Because if you are inside that wall, you would know where the frame was. If you are just in the cell you would not know exactly where that frame was. Just a guess but it sure seems too perfect to be able to follow the frame without being in the wall itself.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/08/h...aped-from-a-new-york-maximum-security-prison/

Yup. Power tools can't be hidden under burger buns, and don't they get checked for contraband when they go in and out of their cells? Guess I am really naïve. I thought that is what guards are for. JMO

Yup. Power tools can't be hidden under burger buns, and don't they get checked for contraband when they go in and out of their cells? Guess I am really naïve. I thought that is what guards are for. JMO

The tools were allegedly kept in a guitar case in one of the cells. And since they were on the honor block I think their cells weren't heavily inspected on a regular basis? I don't know... It's all very shady.

With regard to noisy tools...

I've seen a former inmate from the same prison interviewed two different times. He has said it's very loud at night with radios, boom boxes blasting...in second interview he said the noise level was like it was New Years Eve every night tip wee hours of the morning. They didn't ask him if he was in the honor block though and I don't recall if they asked him when he was in that prison.

The tools were allegedly kept in a guitar case in one of the cells. And since they were on the honor block I think their cells weren't heavily inspected on a regular basis? I don't know... It's all very shady.

Now i'm back to who was in charge of the shop tool inventory? Industrial training supervisor(s)? JMO

I cannot speak for all prisons, but NO they don't get checked for contraband when leaving their cells. You do pat searches randomly, mainly when they are coming out of Chow Hall, you will do a strip search when they head into visiting or are being returned from Visiting. If they go anywhere they also must be strip searched in and out (meaning transport to court or to hospital/medical office). If your conducting a shakedown you also search them before letting them leave their cell area. But when you have an average of 99 inmates to one officer, its not feasible to search them every move they make, since they are out and working or going to groups, school, religious meetings etc during the day/evening. I am pondering on the power tools, and I am thinking if they have a system anything like what I worked we would have a peg board in Maintenance, so say a hammer went to two hooks, when the hammer was not back, you would see the shadow painted on of a hammer. However, Maintenance usually is only a day/early evening thing in the prison, so on night shift, if they had one of the cleaning crew trustees in their pocket, they could easily remove the power tools, and return them if they were to manipulate a guard that is not very observant. Her husband may have been in charge of those tools, but might not have even known they had been gone and returned. I wonder what shift she worked? hubby worked? wonder if this prison has a Master Control that watches movement? Just thoughts. When did they allegedly break out? Were they missed during count? Just so many questions...IMHO

Now i'm back to who was in charge of the shop tool inventory? Industrial training supervisor(s)? JMO

I'm going on the assumption of contraband. I think those tools were smuggled in.

But nothing would surprise me at this point.

JMO Power tool noise is quite distinguishable, though. I can hear it way down the street....imagine the echo inside a prison! JMO

Some speculation I've read earlier was that they were able to borrow and return power tools so they were never missing. If that's true maybe that's why she supplied the blades and bits.

Any prison guards on here?

From what I understand cell checks are routine. What's routine...I'd guess once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vee97