NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some speculation I've read earlier was that they were able to borrow and return power tools so they were never missing. If that's true maybe that's why she supplied the blades and bits.

That works with Portabella's take on it. JMO

Some speculation I've read earlier was that they were able to borrow and return power tools so they were never missing. If that's true maybe that's why she supplied the blades and bits.

Link?

CHYnxUmWcAABl03.jpg

Vanessa Misciagna ‏@VanessaWPTZ 1m1 minute ago Dannemora, NY

Great shot- rly gives an idea of how dedicated all these officers are RT: @wizard7777777: @NC5Schneider @VanessaWPTZ

I hope the photographer wins a prize for this pic!!

If anyone would like to keep track of Mitchell's whereabouts in the system, this is the information you can use.

Rensslaer County ID is #39782 (current location)

Clinton County ID is #1043111

Her date of birth is 23 March 1964

Do you think Governor Cuomo is at fault over this prison break?

Any prison guards on here?

From what I understand cell checks are routine. What's routine...I'd guess once a week.

I think to be honest that depends on the prison, and the quality of staff and management/admin. At the prisons I have worked we had count 4 times a day where you would go into the cell and have to see a living/breathing body. While in there naturally you would look around. When doing my rounds I would pop in OFTEN to cells, just to be random and let them know I am around... Shakedowns were around once a week ...yes...but that did not mean we would not hit a cell twice or three times in a week if we FELT something was off/going on. Again, it really has to do with staff and the Prisons Policy and Procedure and how well the upper echelon enforce it. IMHO

Any prison guards on here?

From what I understand cell checks are routine. What's routine...I'd guess once a week.

Cell checks are both daily random, during cell extractions, probable cause to name a few.
Retired Correctional Officer.

If anyone would like to keep track of Mitchell's whereabouts in the system, this is the information you can use.

Rensslaer County ID is #39782 (current location)

Clinton County ID is #1043111

Her date of birth is 23 March 1964

Oh jeez they moved her about an hour from my house. I'm really starting to think these two murderers are long gone, hope I'm wrong.

I would rather think of these inmates as long gone, where they might hide out at a family member or friends house until they get complacent....and hopefully get arrested without harm coming to the innocent. I really pray they have not done a home invasion.... I truly am worried about the innocent people they might come into contact with as they must be very desperate now, and have nothing to lose....So badly just want all to be safe...including Officers and K9's... IMHO

Cell checks are both daily random, during cell extractions, probable cause to name a few.
Retired Correctional Officer.

I bring it up because somewhere in these threads it was mentioned that they could have had access to the bowels of the prison for as long as a month.

In the arraignment doc just released they stated she brought contraband in 5/1 so seems that's why they said they may have had access for a month and then they would have had time to explore and not need blueprints.

How could a hole in two cell walls not be discovered if cell checks were done regularly?

Lot's of stuff was covered in earlier posts. Is it accurate, I don't know.

REPOSTING FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT HAVE MISSED THEM

CHWx1LZUkAAlVMC.jpg

CHWx1QuVEAA4TR4.jpg

Jeremy Mathsen ‏@WPTZJeremy 15h15 hours ago

PHOTO: Copy of criminal complaints against prison worker Joyce Mitchell in #Dannemora #prisonbreak case. .@MRyan1154

cpaul, I am guessing heads are going to roll from the top to the bottom of that prison. If what you have heard is true, its inexcusable. When it was stated earlier about it sounding like New Years all night long, I can tell you, prison is a noisy place during the day and especially during evening shift...but during night shift its quiet...if not they had no control over their clients. I am sure much will come out, and I feel bad for any good officers as its so stressful when your put under a microscope for weeks/months. But, it sounds like this prison had some major flaws in my opinion, we shall see though. IMHO

I would rather think of these inmates as long gone, where they might hide out at a family member or friends house until they get complacent....and hopefully get arrested without harm coming to the innocent. I really pray they have not done a home invasion.... I truly am worried about the innocent people they might come into contact with as they must be very desperate now, and have nothing to lose....So badly just want all to be safe...including Officers and K9's... IMHO

Thats my biggest fear right now too.

A possible home invasion to get food.

I hope they do not harm innocents.

If I lived in the area, I would be armed and ready to protect myself at all times. Take extra precautions. This is awful the stress they have put on the community.

The prisoners are mainly to blame but I also blame anyone who helped them get out and so those charges are good IMO. It will be interesting if more charges to others may come.

I bring it up because somewhere in these threads it was mentioned that they could have had access to the bowels of the prison for as long as a month.

In the arraignment doc just released they stated she brought contraband in 5/1 so seems that's why they said they may have had access for a month and then they would have had time to explore and not need blueprints.

How could a hole in two cell walls not be discovered if cell checks were done regularly?

Lot's of stuff was covered in earlier posts. Is it accurate, I don't know.

A lot of people are also wondering why the hole was not discovered and also no one claims to have heard any noise. A good article with a video interview with an engineer who worked in the Clinton Facility.

Video link

A lot of people are also wondering why the hole was not discovered and also no one claims to have heard any noise. A good article with a video interview with an engineer who worked in the Clinton Facility.

Video link

Excellent article :tyou: Thora_Jay!
This quote really jumped out at me:

(snip)
“To do that with a grinder and to do as nice a hole as they did, I just can’t see it done. I’m in the steel business and I’ve said before I could have sent my best man up there with an acetylene torch or a plasma cutter and I couldn’t have a better hole,” Jeffords said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(snip)
“To do that with a grinder and to do as nice a hole as they did, I just can’t see it done. I’m in the steel business and I’ve said before I could have sent my best man up there with an acetylene torch or a plasma cutter and I couldn’t have a better hole,” Jeffords said.

I'm a little slow at times...does that mean they are inferring there were more than just the two of them that cut through that pipe?

(snip)

Kimi,

That quote you posted is certainly an eye opener for everyone. Thank you for posting that.

You know Kimi, what is bad is the fact that something happened a while ago that should have set the precedence of how jails/prisons are operated. The incident happened to the friend/co-worker of my friend/co-worker's father.

I do not know if it is proper to state the details in this thread or not, but there are connections to the Clinton Facility that pertains to the incident a while ago about the lack of security that I would like to discuss. Can Kimi or anyone please direct me to where I can post that? Can I post it here or somewhere else.

(snip)
[I]“To do that with a grinder and to do as nice a hole as they did, I just can’t see it done. I’m in the steel business and I’ve said before I could have sent my best man up there with an acetylene torch or a plasma cutter and I couldn’t have a better hole,” Jeffords said.[/I]

I'm a little slow at times...does that mean they are inferring there were more than just the two of them that cut through that pipe?
The engineer is stating that to make a cut like that, you would have to be very highly skilled.

Kimi,

That quote you posted is certainly an eye opener for everyone. Thank you for posting that.

You know Kimi, what is bad is the fact that something happened a while ago that should have set the precedence of how jails/prisons are operated. The incident happened to the friend/co-worker of my friend/co-worker's father.

I do not know if it is proper to state the details in this thread or not, but there are connections to the Clinton Facility that pertains to the incident a while ago about the lack of security that I would like to discuss. Can Kimi or anyone please direct me to where I can post that? Can I post it here or somewhere else.

Hi Thora-Jay and welcome!
I will alert a mod. They are sure to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vee97