NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
""Witnesses spotted two men on June 13 walking near the Gang Mills rail yard on Rita's Way in the town of Erwin," police said. "The next day, two men with the same description were spotted walking along County Route 115 in the town of Lindley, heading toward the Pennsylvania Border."

The unconfirmed sightings came from two separate individuals, police spokesman Beau Duffy told CNN on Saturday.

The sightings were not reported to New York State Police until Tuesday [the 16th - GGE].
State police sent investigators at that time to the areas to conduct interviews, according to Duffy."

<snip>

"In another development late Friday, the state corrections department said a corrections officer was placed on administrative leave as part of the investigation into the escape. The officer's name was not released.

The district attorney declined to comment but said the corrections officer was male."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/20/us/new-york-prison-break/

On Saturday [today - GGE], investigators were searching a construction site in Erwin.

In a release late Friday evening, state police said two men were walking near the Gang Mills rail yard on Rita's Way in Erwin on June 12, and then seen the next day along County Route 115 in the town of Lindley, heading toward the Pennsylvania border.

Investigators spent time conducting interviews in both communities this week, police said, and obtained inconclusive video that they are now sending to Albany for further analysis."

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/central-ny/news/2015/06/20/steuben-county-search.html

Two men matching the description were sighted today around 1:30 PM in Friendship, NY in Allegany County. They crossed under interstate 86 in a drainage pipe. Very large police presence in the area, a checkpoint on I86 and helos and dogs on the scene. The Allegany County FireWire would be a good source to follow for info.

@newsnet14895: SWAT team assembling at Sheriff's Office. Police urge people to stay away from County Road 20 area in Friendship, Allegany Co.

@newsnet14895: SWAT team now being deployed to county road 20, Friendship, Allegany Co. On hunt for escaped inmates

@newsnet14895: Local residents are on high alert right now as police sweep Friendship area for escapees. Several tips coming to police right now

Two men matching the description were sighted today around 1:30 PM in Friendship, NY in Allegany County. They crossed under interstate 86 in a drainage pipe. Very large police presence in the area, a checkpoint on I86 and helos and dogs on the scene. The Allegany County FireWire would be a good source to follow for info.
If it is them I wonder why they are sticking together. Any ideas? Wouldent they have a better idea of escaping if they split up?

@DaveMcKinley2: Allegany Co. Sheriff confirms deputies, NYS & local police actively searching for escaped convicts in their area. @wgrz #nyprisonbreak

If it is them I wonder why they are sticking together. Any ideas? Wouldent they have a better idea of escaping if they split up?

Two men traveling on foot stick out like a sore thumb.

@newsnet14895: ATV's now added to the mix as police search Friendship area.

@DaveMcKinley2: Search for ex-cons active in Allegany Co near Friendship about 15 miles from PA border #nyprisonbreak

I have the scanner up and posting in the appropriate area

@newsnet14895: Forrest Rangers called in to begin grid search near Friendship. SP helicopter continues " high orbit" of perimeter.

A thought concerning the artwork done by escapee, that was given to Tillie and perhaps to others..
If he is apprehended and possibly killed, wouldn't the artwork go way up in value?

@23Johnanderson: The fugitives are in a creek bed. The anticipation is growing at the State Police barracks in Amity, Allegany Co for these escaped convicts

@MikeNBC12: JUST IN - Reports say fugitive NY prisoners spotted via helicopter in a creek bed in Amity, Allegany County - @23Johnanderson #nyprisonbreak

@MikeNBC12: JUST IN - Reports say fugitive NY prisoners spotted via helicopter in a creek bed in Amity, Allegany County - @23Johnanderson #nyprisonbreak

OK wait...that is 5 hours from...

Oh, never mind. There are 2 Amity's in NY? That is only about 10 miles from active search

I really want this to be them!!! I feel for LEO's...their job is never easy, but this added stress isn't healthy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramsie101