NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If these two should happen to kill innocent victims during their escape, I assume Tillie would be charged in some kind of accessory to murder capacity. If one of them murders the other, would she be charged in that situation as well?

Wow! If they are still in the region of the prison, I'm stunned. Perhaps they DID rely on Joyce to provide transportation and things fell apart when she didn't show. I'm really surprised they are still in New York. I thought for sure they would get as far away as they possibly could...not possibly get captured within 70 miles of the prison.

Wow! If they are still in the region of the prison, I'm stunned. Perhaps they DID rely on Joyce to provide transportation and things fell apart when she didn't show. I'm really surprised they are still in New York. I thought for sure they would get as far away as they possibly could...not possibly get captured within 70 miles of the prison.

Wonder if one is injured? Or they are so out of the "know" that they are still waiting on her. As elaborate as their plan it will be ironic to capture them weeks later just a few miles from the prison.

If these two should happen to kill innocent victims during their escape, I assume Tillie would be charged in some kind of accessory to murder capacity. If one of them murders the other, would she be charged in that situation as well?

Yes. Several law persons have explained what it's called and how it works on different tv shows but i'm :coffee: -deficient and can't bring myself to google for a quote right now. So you can consider it "rumor" instead for now if you want. But yeah.

Why do I even go to sleep anymore? Everything happens when I leave. :scared:

PS - I think it was smart to focus all the attention on the NY/PA border Saturday while confirming the DNA up in the Saranac area. JMO.

" investigators have a DNA match confirming that the escaped prisoners were in the Saranac area of New York within the last 24 hours. The source said the DNA matching the escapees was found on an item in a cabin that had been broken into within the last day off Wolf Pond.

New York State Police plan to hold a news conference on the search Monday in Cadyville at noon."

Presser at noon.

http://www.wcax.com/story/29372414/dna-of-inmate-found-in-saranac-vsp-joins-in-the-search

DNA from one of the two men was found at a cabin which had been broken into near the town of Saranac, according to WCAX-TV, and The Albany Times-Union reported that one of the men was believed to have broken into a home in Owls Head - close to Mountain View.

http://news.sky.com/story/1506316/shawshank-manhunt-moves-after-dna-discovery

Sweat's DNA was in the cabin. Don't know if there's any DNA inside the home that was broken into, or whether that breakin was positively tied to these guys as well.

So...they know Sweat was in the hunting camp in Mountainview 30 miles west of prison very recently. Do we know anything about Matt?

And...these sightings down in the Southern Tier...were those just random hobos riding the rails? I found the lady's sighting in Friendship suspicious, once I heard she was a football field's length away. There's no way from that distance she could have discerned the state of the man's beard and whether he was dirty.

So...they know Sweat was in the hunting camp in Mountainview 30 miles west of prison very recently. Do we know anything about Matt?

And...these sightings down in the Southern Tier...were those just random hobos riding the rails? I found the lady's sighting in Friendship suspicious, once I heard she was a football field's length away. There's no way from that distance she could have discerned the state of the man's beard and whether he was dirty.

The sightings down this way could be anything from made up stories to false sightings to two guys knowing full well that they'd be scaring people and thinking it would be a hoot. Who knows. Guys walk the tracks all the time without riding the rails. Groups of kids in some rural towns use it as the most direct route to follow to get places. We dont have any passenger trains here and most places I know of only get a train or two going by per day at most so it's normal to walk the tracks, some of which are eventually even turned into "rail trails" when they're no longer used for anything. IMO.

ETA - yes, VERY recent DNA. The cabin owner went in on Saturday and saw someone going out the back and found the gallon jug of water and jar of peanut butter sitting right out on his table. It's said that something else was also found there which I can't find mentioned in MSM yet, and since it's only mentioned as a comment on a MSM facebook page so far I think I can share it here but as rumor only ---- so FWIW there's a RUMOR that a pair of prison issued underwear was found there as well. DNA was linked to Sweat off of one of the items. LE is now saying Sweat was in that cabin on Saturday AFAIK.

Why is it that we always have to wait until "next week" or later for DNA confirmations in other cases of crime? Just how long DOES it take to complete a DNA test? I do hope that it is true about the DNA in this case but why is the result magically produced in such a short period of time? JMO

Why is it that we always have to wait until "next week" or later for DNA confirmations in other cases of crime? Just how long DOES it take to complete a DNA test? I do hope that it is true about the DNA in this case but why is the result magically produced in such a short period of time? JMO

Well for one thing they don't have to go get DNA from a relative and process it before being able to compare it to the evidence's DNA, they already have it all on file.

Also there's absolutely no waiting in line for processing of THIS evidence IMO.

I've had my DNA processed voluntarily for medical purposes and even in a queue with thousands of other people it only took a couple of weeks to get my raw mtDNA data returned to me (and like 4 days of that was mailing time). There's no reason this should take that long if they have a machine ready and waiting to do this DNA job right off the bat. JMO of course.

Good question! This article explains the process -- if it's all done according to standard procedure, it can take up to 50 hours, but I think in an emergency situation, it can be done in a couple hours.http://www.patc.com/weeklyarticles/dna-timeline.shtml

ETA: wonder if they were able to get any sort of DNA confirmation on those food wrappers and all found about 3 to 5 miles east of prison? Was that really them at the Subway shop/gas station just 1 mile from the prison?

Has Sweat (and Matt?) just been hanging out in the vicinity of the prison for the past 2 weeks? I guess if you want to go into hiding, the Adirondecks are an optimal location -- heavy woods, remote hunting camps.

And peanut butter!! Wonder if they brought that with them from the prison? That would be the perfect food to pack -- doesn't need heating, will last a long time, good protein/fat/calorie source and would work well with whatever foraging they've been able to do. (beats eating insects and grubs for protein). And, I read in one of the reports that most of those hunting camps have little cook stoves.

Good question! This article explains the process -- if it's all done according to standard procedure, it can take up to 50 hours, but I think in an emergency situation, it can be done in a couple hours.http://www.patc.com/weeklyarticles/dna-timeline.shtml

ETA: wonder if they were able to get any sort of DNA confirmation on those food wrappers and all found about 3 to 5 miles east of prison? Was that really them at the Subway shop/gas station just 1 mile from the prison?

Has Sweat (and Matt?) just been hanging out in the vicinity of the prison for the past 2 weeks? I guess if you want to go into hiding, the Adirondecks are an optimal location -- heavy woods, remote hunting camps.

And peanut butter!! Wonder if they brought that with them from the prison? That would be the perfect food to pack -- doesn't need heating, will last a long time, good protein/fat/calorie source and would work well with whatever foraging they've been able to do.

Great link, thanks for that! Peanut butter is also a staple in most cabins and all flood/emergency weather kits. When our electricity goes out from storms/ice/floods/whatever, we're stuck with peanut butter and water often enough! And bread if we're lucky. Peanut butter from a spoon is still ridiculously nutritious when the alternative is wild strawberries though. JMO. Bet they're sick of peanut butter either way.

PS - is it mean that I just wished to myself that they were allergic to peanuts? LOL. oh well.

FWIW TWCNews is still focusing on the sighting(s) in the southern tier in their stories so far this morning, though they do say they'll have the news conference at noon. Not sure if CNN is showing this story yet this morning or not, they were stuck on Charleston earlier when I checked.

Oh, TWCNews does say the new corrections officer, Palmer, received a painting from Matt. The COs lawyer says he "absolutely" did not know about the plan to escape.

Probably not new news.

Geeze if they really were relying on Tillie, they must not be quite as clever as we have been giving them credit for..I was just sure that they were duping her. We shall see.....JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes