NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geeze if they really were relying on Tillie, they must not be quite as clever as we have been giving them credit for..I was just sure that they were duping her. We shall see.....JMO

I know, right? I was just thinking about what Dog the Bounty Hunter said .. something like "this is a high IQ escape executed with men who don't seem like they have very high IQs" and that they'll slip up, it's just a matter of time. Not sure exactly the quote but that was what I took from it anyway and seemed to be the gist of it. (I realize that interviews iwth people who've known Matt throughout his life says he is in fact in possession of a high IQ and did well in school etc, but IMO spending most of your adult life locked up like an animal in a cage will limit how far your IQ can take you. JMO)

Bring on the dogs! They LOVE peanut butter...JMO

I wonder what the odds are that all the sightings are legit?

I mean, they have Sweat's DNA up there and have only seen the one guy up there so far.

What if Matt is riding the rails on his way to Tonawanda and has someone else with him?

Just a thought. Probably a bad one.

Maybe Matt ditched Sweat because of his bad back. I SO hope that this is the real sighting. JMO

LOL CNN going to break just now talking about coming up they'll be discussing this story -- anchor Cuomo said "could they be getting close? Maybe." LOL that about sums it up.

Owl's Head, NY is where the hunting cabin is located - this is Franklin County, NY - is anyone manning the basement thread, anyone know?

I wouldn't be surprised if Sweat's bad back made it so he couldn't hop a moving train and Matt said "see ya!" and left him behind and took off back to the Buffalo area like usual.

PS - is it mean that I just wished to myself that they were allergic to peanuts? LOL. oh well.

FWIW TWCNews is still focusing on the sighting(s) in the southern tier in their stories so far this morning, though they do say they'll have the news conference at noon. Not sure if CNN is showing this story yet this morning or not, they were stuck on Charleston earlier when I checked.

Oh, TWCNews does say the new corrections officer, Palmer, received a painting from Matt. The COs lawyer says he "absolutely" did not know about the plan to escape.

Probably not new news.

Nope..I was just thinking that they should be fed peanut butter everyday in prison when they are caught. :jail:

Where are all the reporters? Is ANYONE still interested, or just burned out from the shuffle. JMO

Seems to me that Palmer either paid for the painting,or was being paid back for favors. Either way, he knew better....or should have. JMO

Wonder if one is injured? Or they are so out of the "know" that they are still waiting on her. As elaborate as their plan it will be ironic to capture them weeks later just a few miles from the prison.
It wouldn't surprise me if Matt abandoned Sweat early on. Sweat has a bad back and would be a good diversion for Matt. plus Matt still has a lot of friends and support on the outside who would help him, whereas Sweat's family/friends want nothing to do with him.

Where are all the reporters? Is ANYONE still interested, or just burned out from the shuffle. JMO

I thought I found an article that said media was pushed back to Cadyville or something but now I'm wondering if I dreamed it or something. I wouldn't be surprised at this point. I wouldn't take this statement of mine here for anything not even rumor at this time becaue I'm very very unsure of my memory on this one. May take a look in a few but I'm currently listening to the Franklin county scanner and hanging in the basement leisurely-like.

I've only seen forensics mentioned in the Buffalo News. Has anyone seen forensics mentioned anywhere else?

To tell you the truth I was. Several agencies offered 1 million for his arrest. But once he died during a gun battle; Some agencies tried to scale back the reward since he was killed and not captured.

So don't offer a reward but then pull back when it's all said and done.

A couple was home invaded. A guy and his dog was carjacked. And a newspaper delivery lady and her daughter was shot at by the cops.

But once Doner was killed. Most Agencies tried to remove some of the reward money since he wasn't arrested.

But when he was out there killing other cops and their families then the million dollar reward was ok.

So all iam saying is that they are having people give information for Reward that they do not tend to pay.

Name the last case where someone actually collected a big reward.

What about the 100 million for Bin Laden.

That doctor who gave him up didn't receive nothing but jail.

I hear ya.

I have a similar beef when there are missing persons who are feared kidnapped and the reward has a stipulation that the person who took them needs to be convicted. I have always felt there would be more missing found if there would be no stipulations other than finding the person.

If the person is found and the persons info helped to find them and they are not involved in any way then reward should be paid.

Ive always felt the stipulations is what limits finding the missing who are kidnapped.

A buddy from here emailed me 'the art', and I got physically nauseous trying to look, so had to delete. I AM SO GLAD that I read that Dog/Bounty Hunter People article yesterday - EVERY SINGLE WORD HE SAID MADE SUCH TOTAL SENSE !!!!!!!!! Creepy and was 'news', to me, how Dog sees what those 2 had in mind to do with Tilly & how she was (apparently) psychologically vulnerable --- IMO Tilly really OUGHT not ever be working in any prison - men's, women's, doesn't matter LOL !!!!!!!!!

Will someone kindly PM me the link to the 'downstairs' thread again - I really don't know where it is and don't want to post anything here that puts our lovely, brave, courageous officers, risking their lives FOR US, in jeopardy. I clicked the internet otherwise, my one 'phone App' ', and I am guessing that Owls Head is super remote - perhaps bad cell coverage? Here is a link to some pics' of 'cabins' in that area (note - I read Matt & Sweat are said to be in an abandoned cabin, so prob' a bit junky - their accomplice/s left them tons of h20 bottles and MRE's even ??? ) : https://www.google.com/search?q=owl...ed=0CAgQ_AUoAw#tbm=isch&q=owls'+head+ny+cabin

By forensics do you mean that word specifically or just confirmation of the DNA match? That is being more and more widely reported as the morning news outlets gain momentum.

http://www.wcax.com/story/29374880/evidence-leads-police-to-search-area-for-killers

"MALONE, N.Y. -

Police have matched DNA evidence to escaped inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat.

New tips have lead to a massive police presence along Mountain View Lake near Owl's Head. Including Vermont State Police who have joined the search for the escaped killers."

-----

http://www.chumfm.com/news/2015/06/...o-escaped-convicts-near-new-york-state-prison

"Police have confirmed they have a DNA match placing one of the subjects in the area within the last 24 hours.

It's the first such confirmation, differing from tips in the past where police were acting on supposed sighting."

http://www.rochesterhomepage.net/st...to-franklin-coun/11734/frc3ksfVl068tQIBUg0orA

"DNA evidence has now linked them to a cabin in Franklin County near Owl's Head Camp. Just 25 miles west of the Clinton Correctional facility in Dannemora. That's where the convicted murderers made their escape back on June 6th. Law enforcement sources tell CBS News, investigators have a DNA match confirming the convicted killers were in the Saranac Lake area within the last 24 hours. That dna was apparently found on an item in a cabin that had been broken into in the area. "

-----
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/06/22/escaped-killers-possible-sighting/

"Sources told CBS News that investigators found DNA from the escapees in a cabin that had been broken into near Wolf Pond, in the Saranac Lake region."

"InmateS ? Thought it was just Sweats DNA.....JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member