NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From your link -
"the owner of the cabin saw a single individual fleeing the scene." (That's what all but one place are reporting, the one I just quoted said TWO individuals were sighted which IMO is not correct).

"The hunting cabin is deep in the woods and not near a road, he said."

Yes. All the reports last night were of a single individual fleeing the cabin.

As for the location of the cabin...I know the area and cannot imagine fleeing into the woods. So dense and so very buggy! I hope every mosquito and tick gets him. (I'm really not mean...just want these two found)

Do we have any sort of explanation yet on why he hasn't been to work since the escape?

I will have to find a link, but I know I heard that he was on vacation the night of the escape. How convenient, I thought. I don't know if it was just 1 vacation day, or multiple.
Off to see if I can find link.

ETA: found link
http://ksn.com/2015/06/21/ny-prison-guard-interviewed-about-escape/
Now in addition, his attorney said Gene Palmer was actually on vacation the night the two inmates escaped.
However, Palmer does live in a home just a few blocks away from here.

Taking a guess based on the latest news.

I think Matt is separated from Sweat for many days now. I think Matt knew Sweat was slowing him down and more risky to have both together so they agreed to split up and Matt took off.

I think Sweat decided to stay holed up generally close to the prison location while Matt was more adventurous and has made his way further South or Southwest.

1 mile feels like a long ways when you are on foot in the woods. So Sweat probably thought he was like 100 miles away when really he was still quite close.

JMO of course.

Or...

Sweat, with his bad back and perhaps another injury or tired of being wet and miserable, has come to the conclusion it would be better to go back to prison where he can get some medical care and is preparing to surrender? Maybe almost getting nabbed yesterday at the cabin has made him realize the gig will be up soon and is walking in circles, waiting for authorities to catch him?

JMO.

It does look like they have broken up which some expected.

Both sightings could still be true if Matt hooked up with another person somehow.

If Matt hopped any type of train I have always wondered how its done because I have seen freight trains go by and they usually go by pretty fast. It seems too fast to jump on board a moving train?

Maybe they go to a sharp curve in the tracks where the train has to go real slow?

I was reading an article about that yesterday. It is pretty dangerous, and you can get seriously injured or killed, and probably wouldn't work for Sweat with a bad back. But lots of people do it. I guess they know spots where the train will slow down -- like when it's approaching a train yard or a town or something. There's actually "how to" websites and forums out there.

If I"m doing this wrong please moderator delete.

I don't normally do facebook here on WS.

This is an MSM facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/5WPTZ

If you scroll down the page you will see a photo of a watch tower at Clinton Correctional and see the headline "Corrections officer placed on leave received painting done by escapee".

If you look at the comments under that you will see a comment by a male named CL which is, for WS purposes, considered RUMOR at best I think, but which helps shed light on this search of the cabin in Owl's Head that led to finding DNA of Sweat, etc.

I think almost everyone following this thread might find it interesting if not fascinating. JMO.

ETA - it touches on the CO being on vacation as well. Very interesting JMO. Well worth the read. IMO. seriously.

Friendly Reminder

Scroll and Roll, or use your ignore button. :tyou:

I was reading an article about that yesterday. It is pretty dangerous, and you can get seriously injured or killed, and probably wouldn't work for Sweat with a bad back. But lots of people do it. I guess they know spots where the train will slow down -- like when it's approaching a train yard or a town or something. There's actually "how to" websites and forums out there.

youtube videos as well

BBM - Thinking about the situation here, and I confess I don't know how long each of these guys have been incarcerated, but in a situation where a long time confined person is suddenly set free I would expect quite a bit of adjustment to take place. I guess I shouldn't be surprised they haven't traveled far. They didn't have their lifeline (Tillie) and the area was covered with LE for weeks.

I remember reading somewhere that both of the men have only spent about 4 years outside prison or jail in their adult lives. Plus, even as teens, I think both of them were in juvie or group homes for kids with behaviors.

Lois Clermont ‏@EditorLois 5m5 minutes ago
Boots, bloody socks and toiletries have been found, Press-Republican's Denise Raymo told. #PrisonBreakNY

Canine units have good scent in Mountain View area, sources tell Press-Republican. #PrisonBreakNY

Boots, bloody socks and toiletries have been found, Press-Republican's Denise Raymo told. #PrisonBreakNY

Canine units have good scent in Mountain View area, sources tell Press-Republican. #PrisonBreakNY

Did we hear early on about a rumor that one had hurt his foot or was seen limping? I swear we did but it was so early in the escape that I not only don't recall which thread number it's in, but also not who it was by or anything else. I would assume it would be unconfirmed either way but still.. found that interesting.

Wonder if the one who left the boxers, boots and socks now has fresh ones from the cabin break in or is he on the run without them totally?

Wonder if the one who left the boxers, boots and socks now has fresh ones from the cabin break in or is he on the run without them totally?

oh heavens, black flies and mosquitos with a bare doodle (of indeterminate size). :scared: :scared: :scared:

dedamwriter retweeted
Lois Clermont ‏@EditorLois 26m26 minutes ago

Did we hear early on about a rumor that one had hurt his foot or was seen limping? I swear we did but it was so early in the escape that I not only don't recall which thread number it's in, but also not who it was by or anything else. I would assume it would be unconfirmed either way but still.. found that interesting.

I want to say I remember that from one of the initial "sightings".

CNN breaking news is now covering this FWIW - LE has confirmed that DNA testing was completed within 24 hours and DNA from BOTH fugitives was found on personal items.

CNN on tv - 958am eastern is the source.

Presser at noon eastern, or 2 hours from the time of this post.

(guys I have to go shower and feed the cats and whatnot, I won't have tv for now or time to google, I will depend on you all updating this thread for the next hour or so for any info I will be able to get, in exchange I will transcribe the presser as I watch it, deal? :) :seeya: )

(ETA this sucks why didn't I do chores earlier? LOL now it's all live and whatnot. bah!)

Toiletries? As in...they remembered to pack their deodorant and shave lotion? Where'd the boots come from? Did they have them in prison or steal from some cabin? Maybe too small, explaining the blood socks.

GOOD to hear dogs have a good scent -- sic em!!

This made me laugh. I hope it's not *cough* Mr Well Endowed *cough*going commando. That's alot going on down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member