NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking, they're on a route headed in the direction of Tillie's home in Dickinson Center...

Maybe they figure if they get there they could easily talk her husband out of the car.

So far they have not shown where they want to purposely hurt anyone. That could change very quickly if they get cornered though or if they get desparate enough.

Water here in upper Ohio + pa has been rapid / fast,many drowning,probably the same in NY? Hard to walk,wade,swim in.

John Stockwell saw something he never expected when he checked the remote hunting camp that he co-leases with a group of fellow correction officers.

[...]

Stockwell works at Upstate Correctional Facility in Malone, and sources say he is the man who checked on the cabin.

He was cautious about what he would say to the Press-Republican.

"I am bound by Civil Service law," he said. "I'm not allowed to speak on this matter.

"I hope that this ends peacefully with no law-enforcement personnel or members of the public being harmed," he said of the manhunt.

"My hat goes off to the men and women of law enforcement who are giving 110 percent with this operation."

His wife, Nancy, said the dwelling is a bunk-house-style cabin and has few amenities.
http://m.pressrepublican.com/news/p...a50-aaf4-53f4-a736-cd23810ad2ae.html?mode=jqm

BBM - So he's not the owner?

Oh wow. The interview was filmed in Tillie's house?!!!

@LexiNBC: Tomorrow on @TODAYshow: @MLauer's exclusive interview with the husband of #JoyceMitchell http://t.co/43pWlA1jLq
[video=twitter;613137489436508160]https://twitter.com/lexinbc/status/613137489436508160[/video]

waaahhhh :tantrum: this is making it very hard to stick by my "today show strike"

:mad:

waaahhhh :tantrum: this is making it very hard to stick by my "today show strike"

:mad:

It will be online shortly after airing ... slowly fly away from the frozen hamburger meat!! ;)

bees_on_strike.jpg

It will be online shortly after airing ... slowly fly away from the frozen hamburger meat!! ;)

bees_on_strike.jpg
:hilarious:

thank you my friend i needed that encouragement :D

:floorlaugh:

(staying strong)

Hi WS'ers,
I haven't posted in years but this situation has drawn me in. In 2001 I got married in Clinton Correctional Facility. I married my childhood sweetheart (turned out to be a mistake, but that's neither here nor there and one of many mistakes I have made along the way! :facepalm: ) Anyway, in the 10 years that I was visiting him in prisons all over NYS I learned a whole lot.

1. Inmates with good behavior get special privileges. This can be anything from time watching TV while they are "working" their assigned job to receiving contraband. While you could still smoke inside the prison, there was a CO that gave certain inmates cigarettes.

2. Some CO's will take a liking to a certain inmate and treat them like a regular person and not just an inmate. My husband was asked by CO to work fast at a certain job so that the CO could leave early that day. If my husband finished the job, he would go back to his cell, allowing the CO to leave because he didn't have to continue to supervise my husband. My husband finished up early and the next day, the CO brought him a plate of food. The CO's wife cooked deer for dinner the night before and sent the CO with a plate for my husband to thank him for getting the job done quickly.

3. Contraband, especially drugs run rampant even with security procedures in place. I met several women over the years that brought drugs on visits to give to their husbands or boyfriends to sell or use.

4. Some CO's just look at it as a job to do and go home. They don't go above and beyond. I met a CO on a visit in an upstate NY prison who told a room full of visitor's that he really doesn't care what we did on visits. His exact words were "I sit back and relax while you are on your visit and make my $55,000 a year, I'm not stressing out over it."

5. When I was visiting Clinton Correctional Facility, there were always guards standing at attention with guns, watching from those watch towers on top of the outside wall. From what I read, those towers are no longer manned 24/7 like they used to be.

People tend to think of max security prison as what it was meant to be instead of what it's become. Sweat and Matt were there for years. They were model prisoners to make it to the honor block. They were probably polite, friendly, helpful and well mannered towards the CO's and after years they probably weren't paid too much attention or looked at as a threat any longer.

While my husband was in max prisons he became cool with many CO's. They would crack jokes with him, talk about sports, wives, etc. My husband was a night porter and at night he would get his work done and the CO he worked with during those hours would unlock and let him go into an official room that had a TV with cable. He would grab a snack and watch movies for the rest of the night.

Once he was moved to medium security and minimum security prisons, it was even more lax. He wasn't in a cell anymore. He was in an open dorm (similar to OITNB) he had a hot plate and access to a microwave and cooking utensils. He was able to call me whenever he wanted to and he was even made the administrator of some programs where he taught other inmates. Being a model prisoner leads to many, many privileges in prison.

Inmates on visits wear state green pants and whatever solid colored shirts they want to as long as they are not blue, black, orange or gray. They are also allowed to wear sweat pants and other clothing in the jail. My husband used to ask for Old Navy sweatpants. They can also wear sneakers without an air bubble and boots without a metal plate in the sole and no steel toes.

I guess that leaves me as the last person on the planet without a Twitter account. I only go there when there's a link posted.

Don't worry you're still years ahead of my husband, who doesn't use computers and has been known to lift up a computer mouse and look at the bottom while clicking the button to see what happens next.

Right now I think/hope that when LE doesn't have much, they give us whatever they have (the sightings on the NY/PA border for example), but when they have something good to go on they're not telling us anything (which is totally sensible since these guys are known to use scanners and whatever else). So hopefully today will be a big day for stuff getting done since we're not hearing anything new.

What time is this today show thing? The last time I watched the Today show was the third day of school the year my sons were in Kindergarten and second grade. As I was watching, a plane hit the world trade center in the background and everything changed.

(NOT O/T, this is about the search conditions):

really bad severe thunderstorms with the possibility of isolated tornadoes (fairly rare in NY) should be coming through upstate NY today. Not sure how far up the state they're gonna hit yet but I guess all the way up there where they are because they're also talking about how it will affect Boston which is also up north there.

ETA - 100% chance of rain today in Dannemora area. (oops meant to edit then post quick but got caught up taking my daughter to the bus for her last day of school finally. We go late in upstate NY.)

(ETA Again - TOR:CON index is 3 here today, so 30% chance of tornadoes with this storm that will drop our temps about 20-30 degrees by the end of the day.)

I was just thinking, they're on a route headed in the direction of Tillie's home in Dickinson Center...

Well, Tillie's safely in jail, and I guess the Today show imported Lyle to NYC for the Today show. When Lyle leaves NYC, he'd be wise to go stay with his son for a little while, esp. since he's on leave anyway.

Oh wow. The interview was filmed in Tillie's house?!!!

@LexiNBC: Tomorrow on @TODAYshow: @MLauer's exclusive interview with the husband of #JoyceMitchell http://t.co/43pWlA1jLq
[video=twitter;613137489436508160]https://twitter.com/lexinbc/status/613137489436508160[/video]

oops! They DIDN'T bring him down to the city! Best get out of Dodge, LYle.

CNN is going to air a special tonight at 9 pm: The New York Prison Break.

CNN is going to air a special tonight at 9 pm: The New York Prison Break.

Is it the same one that has been shown a few times already as part of the series Prison Break?

I dunno. Randi Kaye will be hosting it.

Does ID have a show about prison breaks? Sounds interesting.

I dunno. Randi Kaye will be hosting it.

Does ID have a show about prison breaks? Sounds interesting.

That's' the channel I was thinking of, yes it does. Will have to wait and see if it's different I guess.

It utterly blows me away to wake up to see the husband is giving an interview in his and Tilly's HOME !!! Why would that husband do that - - is he paid a pile of money - - ooooh - I get it now ! Surely hubby is signed for a big $ book deal $ !!!! No other explanation for this than 'the call of $$$'. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper