NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today show - will try to transcribe anything interesting -

I'ts rough. It's like someone pulled the rug out under you.

Tell me where you were when you first heard about the escape - I was at the hospital with my wife, the night before she was having chest pains the next morning I came back in and we were getting ready to leave and when my wife turned her cellphone on all these escapes came in beep beep beep beep from everyone, everyone was lookign for her, she says oh my got Matt and Sweat escaped, and I said WHAT?

what was your and her reaction?

We couldn't believe it. She said "They really escaped!" They said they want to talk to us because we worked with them so we went straight to the state trooper barracks and the next morning she said the state police called they want to know something about a package, I said what are you talking about? And she said we have to go back to talk to the troopers, and one said Mr Mitchell your wife knows more than she's letting on about and I says, WHAT? and they said (something about drill bits and chisel)

she said I have something else to tell you, I said what's that, she says their plan was to come kill you and I says WHAT? and she said their plan was to come pick you up.

she told me taht Matt wanted her to pick them up and she says I will never leave anywhere without Lyle and he says we'll give him some pills to knock him out and we'll come pick you up and shes says I love my husband I can't do that, and he started telling her that somebody inside or outside the prison would come hurt or kill me if she didn't come pick them up.

She says she really loved me and she was in too deep.

AtTheLake - Please post what hubby says - I have no tv (haven't for years - too addictive...). TYIA !!!!!!!!!

(we will have much more from him coming up in the next half hour, says Matt Lauer, the only one left on this show who is supposed to be here by the looks of it. WTH, last time I checked it was Katie Couric with Matt Lauer, Ann Curry was doing weather because Al Roker had just left... I guess it's been about what like 14 years? LOL, who is that lady with Matt??)

They did a few minutes with him, more of the interview in the next half hour. He said that she told him they would kill him if she did not participate and help them. They suggested that she give her husband pills to knock him out also .

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Let's please stay on topic. I just cleaned up several posts that were O/T. :tyou:

(we will have much more from him coming up in the next half hour, says Matt Lauer, the only one left on this show who is supposed to be here by the looks of it. WTH, last time I checked it was Katie Couric with Matt Lauer, Ann Curry was doing weather because Al Roker had just left... I guess it's been about what like 14 years? LOL, who is that lady with Matt??)

The way she said "They really escaped!" instead of "They escaped!" tells me that she had an idea this was coming.

JMO.

I will continue to transcribe unless I"m on everyone's ignore list in which case don't "like" this post and I won't bother.:D

Please continue to Transcribe GGE as most folks are zzzzzzz right now :daisy:

and he says WHAT?

Exactly. But even right before that when they turned their cell phones on the next morning to all those beeping notifications, Joyce reacted by saying "OMG Matt and Sweat escaped."

First of all if she's in the hospital and he went home, would they really turn their phones off? Wouldn't they keep them on to communicate with each other on how she's feeling?

And second, her immediate reaction to the VM and text dings...she didn't mention to her husband they threatened to kill him if she didn't help them until the next day...after not picking them up and letting him go home alone? She only mentioned it by proclaiming they escaped, knowing this simply because they had a bunch of missed calls?

And him saying she told them, "No, I love my husband, I won't go anywhere without him." So he said they told her okay, we'll give you pills to give him to make him sleepy. Huh?!

It all seems a little off to me the way he described it and his reaction to it.

GGE, you are awesome! Thanks for transcribing!

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I dunno. Randi Kaye will be hosting it.

Does ID have a show about prison breaks? Sounds interesting.

ID had a program about this particular prison break either last Thursday or Friday night. It was very informative showing the route they took out of the prison. That channel always does lots of re-runs so you might want to check their program schedules.

She swore on her and her son's life that she never ever had sex with either inmate.

Lyle truly believes this.

Hopefully they will provide Lyle with a dvd of his interview and when he replays it the lightbulb will go on

He looks down when he answers the tough questions. He won't look Matt in the eye. :fishy:

She said she didn't know if I loved her anymore and they gave her attention. She said he tried to kiss her a couple of times and she said nah.

Reports came in that your wife had sex with one or both of the inmates.

Absolutely not, she swore on her son's life, she said "I never ever had sex with him".

It's almost more believable for her to help two guys escape if she was in love with one of them.

She told me that Matt was giving her attention and stuff and she didn't believe I loved her anymore.

When she keeps bringing up that she didn't think you loved her anymore it does sound like a woman who is looking for love elsewhere.

Yes.

You don't think she found that with Matt?

No.

He sounds like a guy who spent a lot of time getting close to your wife

Yes

You think he manipulated her?

Yes. It's rough she's never been in jail before, she was crying, said she did not mean to do this. but these things happen and I says uh, how can you do this? She said it just got out of hand, I was scared and I didn't know what to do.

Did she say she was forced in terms of supplying them with tools?

She said.. no.. as far as the tools.. no she did not.

so the plan was for her to be there in your car?

in our jeep, she was supposed to pick 'em up.

and at what point did she decide not to go through with that?

she didn't say, she said she messed up, she couldn't do it

You said she realized she was in too deep and she loved you. sounds like before that epiphany she was ready to move on.

could be but she says it was like a, a fantasy is what she told me... actually it wasn't even that, it was attention. she said "they gave me attention".

when you stop and think about it now lyle doesn't it seem likely if you had been in the back of that getaway car, both of you were in that car, that you would both be dead right now?

absolutely. they would've killed her all they wanted was that vehicle

her lawyer says you were standing by her.

[he got riled up a bit here] - that makes me so mad i never told that lawyer that i stood by her, there was so many thoughts running through my head, do i love her? yes, am i mad at her? yes, how could she do this to our kids?

Right now do you stand by her?

righ now I don't know what to think. I've been here 10 years this september and every time I went in there those two would talk to me, every time, every time. you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar and that's what they do.

might you testify against your wife?

right now I do not know. I don't know. there is so much going through my mind.

is she a trustworthy person lyle?

i don't know what to believe at times.

LOL - - IMO when you look at Tilly in the courtroom being charged, IMO she looks like somebody who knows she told huge whopper lies to THE STATE POLICE AND HER HUSBAND. IMO Tilly wants her hubby not to divorce her, to 'stand by his gal'., fund her prison spending money account, show up for visiting time all Sundays, etc. What 'da heck ! ? ! I can agree with her statement of 'being in too deep' tho'. Holy Moly IMO LOL Truth so much wilder than any fiction.........

OH ALSO - Matt scares me --- I'm far away from that location but scares ME to know he's out loose (I just haven't heard more info' on Sweat's 'style, so no comment - do know OMG Sweat shot that poor dear police officer, what 24 X's God Bless that man's soul....and his family.... )???????

When the facts come out in a court of law; he will have different and clearer thoughts imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper