NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this tweet

NYS Police say that news conference will be held at 3:30. We'll have it LIVE on Newsradio 930.

Matthew Hamilton ‏@matt_hamilton10 11m11 minutes ago

After a brief stop in Friendship, I'm now back at the Amity police barracks for a 3:30 presser
0 retweets 0 favorites

Keshia Clukey retweeted
Times Union ‏@timesunion 22m22 minutes ago

Watch live: @nyspolice will hold briefing @ 3:30 on unconfirmed sightings of Matt and Sweat ... @matt_hamilton10 will broadcast from scene

Can't watch the presser, will someone please keep us posted on it?

Thanks so much.

CNN is at the presser, ready for it to begin. MSNBC showing "Caught on Camera"; Fox News "Sunday House Call". Suspect they will cut to presser when it starts.

http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/st...-on-escaped-inma/19566/L8RHCdhUi06E4SlHM_w45Q

Update on search in Friendship...there's been a lot of police activity in past 24 hours. On Sat. at 1:16 p.m., rcvd call from witness who saw 2 men on the railroad line, with a description that matched Sweat and Matt.

Approx 300 LE brought in for search. Roadblocks set up and perimeter - police checked vehicles. Aviation, dogs, etc.
We will continue to search this area - behind every rock, tree, and structure.

State police asking residents to be on the alert. Do not approach - very dangerous.

Offering reward of $50K - $100K for both.

Questions & Answers:
She gave us a descriptions that was in line. She was credible.
Our investigation is still ongoing. Will not go into details on investigation.

(not really anything new)

Keshia Clukey ‏@KClukey_TU 1m1 minute ago

Police: not a confirmed sighting. Search continues in woods around Friendship #PrisonBreakNY
0 retweets 0 favorites
Keshia Clukey ‏@KClukey_TU 2m2 minutes ago

NYSP: Saturday police got call from someone who saw inmates near railroad. 300 law enforcement brought in Amity/Friendship area

Wow...that was a short presser. Did learn that a $100,000 reward posted now for info leading to their arrest and capture. Presser was all about the one credible sighting and the investigation about that lead near Friendship.

Matthew Hamilton ‏@matt_hamilton10 51s51 seconds ago

Very brief update from SP. nothing new. A credible witness sighting yesterday. Won't get into anything new. Major took three questions
1 retweet 0 favorites

The only thing I find "credible" about this whole new search is that I don't think the witness made up the men out of whole cloth. So...if it wasn't them...where are the 2 guys that she did see??? If you aren't guilty, you don't disappear into thin air. You continue on your way, whatever that "way" happens to be.

ETA - and if it wasn't them, wouldn't the 2 men who it was come forward and say "HEY GUYS! Sorry to send you on this wild goose chase, but it's just us!!"

But do they search this area for 10 days, at this same pace, like they did the original area? It isn't about the money (though that is no doubt very high, and I have no idea how that gets covered) but how long can they continue taxing these LEOs???

I do feel bad for LE because I know that they are exhausted and disheartened but as a guest on CNN just pointed out, they shouldn't start where the sighting was and move OUT they should establish a perimeter and move IN. So much for my armchair advice. LOL JMO

Just saw the presser.

I think LE knows A LOT more than they're revealing. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members