NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel bad for LE because I know that they are exhausted and disheartened but as a guest on CNN just pointed out, they shouldn't start where the sighting was and move OUT they should establish a perimeter and move IN. So much for my armchair advice. LOL JMO

I saw that guy who was being critical of LEs tactics. How the heck does he know whether they're "doing it right"? Pesky talking head naysayer. I'm unimpressed. Let him go search if he's so brilliant. /rant. ;)

I saw that guy who was being critical of LEs tactics. How the heck does he know whether they're "doing it right"? Pesky talking head naysayer. I'm unimpressed. Let him go search if he's so brilliant. /rant. ;)

Honestly, we do not have a good record for solving prisoner escapes in this area. We had one go for 4 months and another longer than that. And those of us that live here - appreciate different points of view = so that there is a chance that there are lessons learned.

I'm certainly not criticizing but history is history and I hope its different this time around.

Here's one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_"Bucky"_Phillips

Interesting -- apparently David Sweat is artistic as well. Perhaps that what drew him and Matt together? This article quotes a former inmate, Erik Jensen, who said Sweat was his supervisor in the prison tailor shop.

“I didn’t know he killed a police officer. I would not even think that he was in there for murder the way he held himself; the way he conducted himself; well-spoken when he did speak,” Jensen said. “He was head of the tailor shop. He came around and inspected everybody’s things; very personable when he had to be.”

“He wasn’t loud. He was quiet; reserved,” Jensen said. “He was an artist like me. We compared our artwork.”

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/06/19/correction-officer-david-sweat-richard-matt/

Maybe the two who were seen are sympathizers of the escapees and are messing with police investigation.

Maybe the two who were seen are sympathizers of the escapees and are messing with police investigation.

That's what I'm thinking too, someone is messing with LE. MOO

okay prepping dinner here for the "king" bee, only day of the year he gets to borrow the crown :D

have we caught them yet????

okay prepping dinner here for the "king" bee, only day of the year he gets to borrow the crown :D

have we caught them yet????

Nope haven't caught them yet.
My DH is a DJ and every time he plays this song I think of you. :laughcry:

"And we'll never be royals (royals)
It don't run in our blood
That kind of love just ain't for us,
we crave a different kind of buzz

Let me be your ruler (ruler)
You can call me queen bee"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_WyB1Yunqw

okay did a quick scan, don't see any frantic tweets, guess not.....

Keshia Clukey ‏@KClukey_TU 3m3 minutes ago

Sheriff Favro: If inmates are caught, likely will be held at Clinton Co. jail facing escape charges, then sent to diff max security prisons

At TC's Diner in Friendship, residents swapped stories of having their homes and properties searched over plates of Father's Day lunch.

Some expressed skepticism about the tip, others said they were surprised by the overwhelming police presence.

Others still said if Matt and Sweat were indeed in this part of the state, they might be surprised to know how many residents are well-armed and prepared to defend themselves.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2015/06/21/border-updates-neighbor-says-locked-loaded-manhunt-continues/29067749/?utm_medium=%5B%27twitter%27%5D&utm_source=%5B%27twitterfeed%27%5D

WGRZ ‏@WGRZ 13m13 minutes ago Amherst, NY
NYSP: "Tips and leads continue to come in across the state ... but a primary focus of the search continues to be in the Dannemora area."

Nope haven't caught them yet.
My DH is a DJ and every time he plays this song I think of you. :laughcry:

"And we'll never be royals (royals)
It don't run in our blood
That kind of love just ain't for us,
we crave a different kind of buzz

Let me be your ruler (ruler)
You can call me queen bee"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_WyB1Yunqw

:hilarious:

"we" (in the royal sense) are slightly amused

:D

:seeya:

Do we have any clothing descriptions from any of the witnesses who LE mentions as credible? A visual would be helpful.

The night they escaped:

"At about 12:30 a.m., Leslie Lewis, who grew up in Dannemora, said he saw two men in his backyard not far from the manhole cover. One of the men he described as heavyset with dark skin, the other thinner with light skin. Mr. Lewis said in an interview that he yelled at them and asked what they were doing. He said the thinner one replied, “Oh, sorry, we’re on the wrong road; we didn’t know where we were going.”

Both were wearing jeans, he said. The heavyset man was carrying a canvas bag, and the slimmer man, who was wearing a white T-shirt, had a black fabric guitar case, Mr. Lewis said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/22/n...ape-an-array-of-oversights-set-the-stage.html

http://www.gateschilipost.com/article/20150620/news/150629971

"Troopers told the Spectator the reason for the hundreds of cars and helicopters that converged on the Friendship area was the description called in. A citizen of Friendship said had a blue sweatshirt on, the other had a black t-shirt and one had a brown, scruffy beard. This description was similar to the one troopers have released over the past week, showing their facial growth.

Troopers and investigators from the Amity barracks used police agencies from Cuba, Friendship and the Allegany County Sheriff's Department, plus U.S. Marshals Service as well as the New York State Department of Environmental Convervation and State Park Rangers."

The night they escaped:

"At about 12:30 a.m., Leslie Lewis, who grew up in Dannemora, said he saw two men in his backyard not far from the manhole cover. One of the men he described as heavyset with dark skin, the other thinner with light skin. Mr. Lewis said in an interview that he yelled at them and asked what they were doing. He said the thinner one replied, “Oh, sorry, we’re on the wrong road; we didn’t know where we were going.”

Both were wearing jeans, he said. The heavyset man was carrying a canvas bag, and the slimmer man, who was wearing a white T-shirt, had a black fabric guitar case, Mr. Lewis said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/22/n...ape-an-array-of-oversights-set-the-stage.html

So, if they were both carrying some sort of bag, probably a change of clothes, food, and perhaps a few items helpful for life on the run -- cigarette lighter, flashlight, maps, water bottle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95