NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logic would say they are there in the woods with new evidence.
The question is where is the end game for them? They are about to run out of USA space in the next 20 mile run north. Once they get within 10 miles, the Canadians will be waiting, Americans are not the only one with fugitives, and Montreal has one heck of a swat team 80 miles away in Quebec. Cornwall Ontario is about 30 miles away and also has a large police force. I think they are trying to head them off at the pass now being stationed at the border they are probably trying to cut off the roads. I doubt they will get much further north if they are in fact in this area.

I've exhausted all my "free" articles at the Press-Republican and can now only access articles if I pay...which I am not going to do. Can someone cut-and-paste the article here? Would be greatly appreciated!

ETA: I see GGE was reading my mind. Thanks a bunch!

Little trick... go to your browser and clear cache/cookies or use a different browser :blushing: :daisy:

Interesting.
We're not going to hear much about this for awhile now... with the most recent Supreme Court decision. The news will be saturated with that for days if not weeks.

More than ever, that's why we need the locals to keep us informed here.

Will Canada put as many resources into hunting for Sweat/Matt as America is if Sweat/Matt make it into Canada without us knowing for sure that they did?

I think they are still right there in the ADK where they are searching. I don't think they have left the area. (My mind has changed several times, lol).

Mine too.

This is like a real-life version of the game Clue.

At this point, I've sort of changed my mind again.

I wonder if they have split up to draw attention away from each other?

like one surfaces, then the other, but they both have "stuff" of the other's so that they can appear (DNA-wise) to be together?

Will Canada put as many resources into hunting for Sweat/Matt as America is if Sweat/Matt make it into Canada without us knowing for sure that they did?

I'm sure we will. We dont want them either. Running loose that is.

They will probably let the US force in to help cover more ground as that area is vast. Only problem is hand guns for civilians are mostly illegal. Hunting rifles are not.

My mind is boggled by the big to-do over prisoner paintings. Who would want that crap? If one sold for $2K on eBay, that blows my mind. WTH, is there some sort of underground market for prisoner originals of paintings done from photos?
You couldn't give me one! It's gotta be about money though...

Why did NY ever build a max prison so close to the Canadian border?

I apologize for not copying/pasting more info from the links I have provided. I'm not sure how to do that with my ipad. :blushing:

We have tons of max security prisons near the border. Major Guess or the LE officer he had with him a few days ago said that it's because of the very same unforgiving conditions we keep hearing about.

My local news station is running the same story from yesterday today over and over and over. Nothing new, not even a mention of the new DNA evidence in the second cabin in Malone or the push in Constable. I think our twitter MSM followers here at WS will be our best source of news today TBH.

Lois Clermont
15m15 minutes ago
Lois Clermont ‏@EditorLois
DNA was from convicted murderer Richard Matt, sources tell Press-Republican. #PrisonBreakNY

Logic would say they are there in the woods with new evidence.
The question is where is the end game for them? They are about to run out of USA space in the next 20 mile run north. Once they get within 10 miles, the Canadians will be waiting, Americans are not the only one with fugitives, and Montreal has one heck of a swat team 80 miles away in Quebec. Cornwall Ontario is about 30 miles away and also has a large police force. I think they are trying to head them off at the pass now being stationed at the border they are probably trying to cut off the roads. I doubt they will get much further north if they are in fact in this area.

There would be the "red tape" of extradition if the prisoners happened to be captured by the Canadians. But there may also be a bit of a turf war with the Americans wanting the "glory" of capturing them. Frankly, I don't care who captures them. I just want them caught ASAP!

Lois Clermont
15m15 minutes ago
DNA was from convicted murderer Richard Matt, sources tell Press-Republican. #PrisonBreakNY

Now...was that the DNA from last Saturday at the cabin...or the most recent DNA found near Malone?

There would be the "red tape" of extradition if the prisoners happened to be captured by the Canadians. But there may also be a bit of a turf war with the Americans wanting the "glory" of capturing them. Frankly, I don't care who captures them. I just want them caught ASAP!

agreed. however, our "glory" faded when these two got out a maximum security prison and exposed the charade of the prison.

Lois Clermont
15m15 minutes ago

:welcome: Yay! updates and a newer poster all in one shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie