NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Major Guess:

we have evidence they may be headed to Canada
that evidence is still being evaluated

Franklin County is focus area

When were in Malone? - Not giving u time frame

Believe still in NYS

They have basic items with them; some items they left behind; some items they took from cabin

TWC News S-Tier ‏@TWCNewsSTier 7m7 minutes ago
RT @CaitlinTWCNews Major wouldn't comment on potential DNA evidence found #PrisonBreakNY #Dannemora

I hope we get a photo of the Canadian LE standing in a picket line to assure they don't cross the border.

How many times were people in this thread told there's no way they'll try to go to Canada?

hrumph.

"They probably have every reason to keep going"... "we have since day one presumed they are armed and dangerous"..

Major Guess did not reveal a lot of details but he seemed VERY confident IMO. It seems like what they left behind or dropped was very significant.

I'm uploading the press conference right now. Was under 8 minutes long.

Locals on Twitter are saying that Akwesasne has a long history of smuggling people across the border. The escapees likely know this.

Major Guess said they have another camp that they are "prosecuting" as a target.....maybe there is evidence that they were looking at maps or circling other camps or something? JMO

Map? Sketches of trails?

Maybe. Whatever it was Major Guess seemed very pleased to now have it in LE possession.

I was thinking a phone that had internet access. Or maybe even a record of outgoing/incoming calls? Could you imagine?!!

I wonder if Major Guess meant "processing", not "prosecuting".

Major Guess said they have another camp that they are "prosecuting" as a target.....maybe there is evidence that they were looking at maps or circling other camps or something? JMO

Isn't it Matt who liked to detail drawings and plans in the past? If so, I think it's likely he's still doing it. So, this is a big possibility IMHO.

Here is the press conference in Malone with Major Charles Guess.

http://streamable.com/ibof

<3 Excellent, thanks!

He introduces himself, thanks LE partners for assistance.

summary:

Says Franklin county remains the primary focus. He says they have a high degree of confidence in their conclusion [that they're going to try to get into Canada] and says there's gonna be a very strong LE presence in Malone and along the border. Can't go into specifics, evidence is still being evaluated.. can't say too much because don't want to aid the inmates... will also continue to see a strong presence in Belmont.. urging people to call 911 if they see anything, repeat anything suspicious, thanks public for their support.

then takes questions.

talks about evidence/conclusions drawn from items recovered, talks about successful finds have been made in Belmont and Malone" but won't get into details.

He says they're moving north and west (LE and the inmates) but won't give details specifically.

No reason to believe theyre in Canada 'yet' although our colleagues there are standing in a picket line to ensure they don't cross hte border so we're working under the premise that they're still in NY at this point.

Isn't it Matt who liked to detail drawings and plans in the past? If so, I think it's likely he's still doing it. So, this is a big possibility IMHO.

I believe the sketch and detail guy is Sweat. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member