NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the original plan was when the two were supposed to be picked up. Was she supposed to drive them somewhere? Where was that? I hope they are questioning her to no end to figure out possibilities. She probably isn't going to say either way and is probably fearing her life right now, especially if these men are caught. Would they attempt to retaliate through others for her ditching them? That may not seem logical or make much sense since my mind is just wandering, but I bet most people thought this whole operation was never logical either. :thinking:

Someone a few pages backed mentioned something about the men using Twitter or this site to find information. All it would take is a simple google search and this forum would pop up eventually. I had a friend the other day say that she "googled" a name from a local story because it was someone she went to school with. She said she came across "this weird type of website(websleuths) where people were talking all about him and what could have happened." Ha! I just laughed. So even when people aren't trying to come across this website, they do, and have access to all news and thoughts on the issues. I still believe they have "outsiders" helping them whether it was someone that was part of the original plan or someone that they were able to go to and receive shelter/food/news updates/etc. All of this DNA stuff could have been part of the "original plan". But I like to believe that the LE have greater reasons to believe they are nearby and have more info then they are sharing.

On a side note, I doubt I would be out swimming in a lake in the woods while all this is happening, but that's just me!

Now that I see the link above (which is awesome and has great sound etc) I agree about Major Guess' demeanor. I feel like they're probably very amped up in LE right now and going forward this seems like it will be an important 24-48 hours considering their close proximity to the border right now. Since they are moving at night I guess I won't be sleeping tonight!

Now that I see the link above (which is awesome and has great sound etc) I agree about Major Guess' demeanor. I feel like they're probably very amped up in LE right now and going forward this seems like it will be an important 24-48 hours considering their close proximity to the border right now. Since they are moving at night I guess I won't be sleeping tonight!

Better than resigned that they have made it across the border.

"Police have confirmed DNA from the Clinton Correctional Facility fugitives at a second camp in Franklin County, the Press-Republican has learned, and police believe the men intend to escape into Canada.

The new DNA evidence and items left behind by Richard Matt, 49, and David Sweat, 35, show they are headed in a north, northwest direction, State Police Troop B Maj. Charles Guess said during a press conference this afternoon.

Matt, 49, and David Sweat, 35, escaped from the maximum-security prison in Dannemora early on June 6.

FECES SAMPLES TESTED

Guess referenced "successive finds in Bellmont and Malone" that have drawn the line of the fugitives' flight; those living in communities north of the Village of Malone are seeing the manhunt moving in there, he said.

Matt and Sweat, he said, have accessed some "basic items" from hunting camps along their route, "dropped some and left them behind."

The major noted one camp and one field site that have yielded recent evidence.

DNA had already confirmed that Matt and Sweat broke into a hunting camp in Mountain View last Saturday.

Forensic confirmation came back Thursday night that proves Matt was in a cabin in the Town of Malone, informed sources tell the Press-Republican.

Signs of intrusion were found, and a sample of of feces was tested."

MUCH more at link. this article is being updated continuously.

http://www.pressrepublican.com/news...0be-aaf2-5405-9128-c3b7f603b0ab.html?mode=jqm

:yuck:

@EditorLois: DNA confirmation from cabin in Town of Malone came from feces sample, Press-Republican told. #PrisonBreakNY
[video=twitter;614473613824159748]https://twitter.com/editorlois/status/614473613824159748[/video]

I had read this in a news article however it sounded so outlandish I did not report it! What is going on, this is gross.

It does seem like they must have info about locations of cabins. If you've ever been deep in woods, it's easy to lose your bearings and you could easily end up going in circles without some sort of navigation tools and knowledge of waypoints. They may have maps indicating where cabins are located and a compass (thanks Tillie?) or have studied celestial navigation and/or have a GPS device which they charge up at each cabin.

This is VERY VERY SCARY because now is exactly when those cabins are to be occupied. I hope they have LE staked out in every property over the next week just waiting for an intruder, though I get it that's not feasible.

How incredibly stupid for Major Guess to state that LE is focused on the track to the NNW of Malone. Why would he say that? M&S could be sitting down watching CNN right now, eating a can of pork and beans. Maybe it's a trick statement.

Hoping for safety for all searchers and civilians!

I had read this in a news article however it sounded so outlandish I did not report it! What is going on, this is gross.

DNA sampling more often than not comes from bodily fluids or other such matter. It's all gross to me. But it's what must be done if you want to get DNA samples.

Was looking at google maps of Malone. Maybe they plan on showing up at Bare Hill Correction Facility in Malone, ha.

<3 Excellent, thanks!

He introduces himself, thanks LE partners for assistance.

summary:

Says Franklin county remains the primary focus. He says they have a high degree of confidence in their conclusion [that they're going to try to get into Canada] and says there's gonna be a very strong LE presence in Malone and along the border. Can't go into specifics, evidence is still being evaluated.. can't say too much because don't want to aid the inmates... will also continue to see a strong presence in Belmont.. urging people to call 911 if they see anything, repeat anything suspicious, thanks public for their support.

then takes questions.

talks about evidence/conclusions drawn from items recovered, talks about successful finds have been made in Belmont and Malone" but won't get into details.

He says they're moving north and west (LE and the inmates) but won't give details specifically.

No reason to believe theyre in Canada 'yet' although our colleagues there are standing in a picket line to ensure they don't cross hte border so we're working under the premise that they're still in NY at this point.

You're welcome.

"Police have confirmed DNA from the Clinton Correctional Facility fugitives at a second camp in Franklin County, the Press-Republican has learned, and police believe the men intend to escape into Canada.

The new DNA evidence and items left behind by Richard Matt, 49, and David Sweat, 35, show they are headed in a north, northwest direction, State Police Troop B Maj. Charles Guess said during a press conference this afternoon.

Matt, 49, and David Sweat, 35, escaped from the maximum-security prison in Dannemora early on June 6.

FECES SAMPLES TESTED

Guess referenced "successive finds in Bellmont and Malone" that have drawn the line of the fugitives' flight; those living in communities north of the Village of Malone are seeing the manhunt moving in there, he said.

Matt and Sweat, he said, have accessed some "basic items" from hunting camps along their route, "dropped some and left them behind."

The major noted one camp and one field site that have yielded recent evidence.

DNA had already confirmed that Matt and Sweat broke into a hunting camp in Mountain View last Saturday.

Forensic confirmation came back Thursday night that proves Matt was in a cabin in the Town of Malone, informed sources tell the Press-Republican.

Signs of intrusion were found, and a sample of of feces was tested."

MUCH more at link. this article is being updated continuously.

http://www.pressrepublican.com/news...0be-aaf2-5405-9128-c3b7f603b0ab.html?mode=jqm

If this is among what they are testing.... there should be information about what is being consumed (and roughly when), too.

Just got caught up. Thanks everyone. Well I say c'mon over to Canada boys! The U.S. and Canada eagery await you!!!!! I pray they are captured soon but hope it's on the U.S. side if i had a choice. They are working so hard on this.

This is getting way too close to me. I'ma start locking my doors at night. EEK.

Locals on Twitter are saying that Akwesasne has a long history of smuggling people across the border. The escapees likely know this.

Is this where the movie Frozen River took place?

I think the closer to the border they get the more desperate they will become, this is when they will hurt or kill to get there. It's actually surprising to me that they haven't been more destructive than they have. Of course this break in was on Wednesday, I guess it's possible that they have already crossed over.

I do not understand. As a person who lives by woods, but not in NY, going through woods is just about impossible. Uneven terrain. Insects. Branches that hit you in the face and head. And getting lost. Even if you know what direction you are going, so what! Where does it lead?

Are there marked trails they are following somehow? I do not see how anyone can walk through the woods at night.

And if they get to Canada, so what! Do they have friends there, money, what? It's not like Canadians like escaped killers. And they have American accents which will make them stand out.

It does seem like they must have info about locations of cabins. If you've ever been deep in woods, it's easy to lose your bearings and you could easily end up going in circles without some sort of navigation tools and knowledge of waypoints. They may have maps indicating where cabins are located and a compass (thanks Tillie?) or have studied celestial navigation and/or have a GPS device which they charge up at each cabin.

This is VERY VERY SCARY because now is exactly when those cabins are to be occupied. I hope they have LE staked out in every property over the next week just waiting for an intruder, though I get it that's not feasible.

How incredibly stupid for Major Guess to state that LE is focused on the track to the NNW of Malone. Why would he say that? M&S could be sitting down watching CNN right now, eating a can of pork and beans. Maybe it's a trick statement.

Hoping for safety for all searchers and civilians!

The first cabin didn't have running water if I remember correctly and I doubt that the cabins deep in the woods would all have electricity. A lot of cabins in the southern tier of NY - have generators for occasional power. So, its hard to tell what resources they have access to. Plus I worry that their friends may be planting seeds ........ hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990