NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The LE's don't want to take sweat alive (IMO) so all the corruption will be buried.
I'd sure like to know how they did it though. They must've had serious power
tools, not just needle nose pliers.
There's so much LE around that the vast majority is not involved in that corruption. While I suspect LE will shoot Sweat, it is unlikely IMO to be due to corruption.

OMG I just got home and time warner cable news says Matt was shot and killed! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I GO OUT! :gaah:

I think people are celebrating the fact that he is no longer a potential danger to LE or innocent victims, not necessarily that he's dead.

The former everyone agrees on, but the latter- sorry,wish that were so, but it's not.

@WCAX_Apple: Here is a map of the area where police found Richard Matt, not far from Titus Lake http://t.co/xTBjO9W248
[video=twitter;614551695952060416]https://twitter.com/wcax_apple/status/614551695952060416[/video]

CNN Live

Ah...camper called 911 bc he heard shots

Camper did not realize right away that his own camper had indeed been shot at (cons were believed to b attempting to hijack his camper)

Imagine that. The poor camper dude calls 911 just to report shots in the area and he didnt realize he was the one Matt was shooting at.

I bet Matt was hiding off in the woods a bit and wanted to shoot the guy just to then walk over and drive off in his camper.

I think people are celebrating the fact that he is no longer a potential danger to LE or innocent victims, not necessarily that he's dead.

Exactly. People cheer when LE "wins" and the bad guys lose.

JMO

How did the daily beast get the scoop before anyone? just wondering, found it strange they came out of nowhere.

OMG I just got home and time warner cable news says Matt was shot and killed! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I GO OUT! :gaah:

I feel your pain. I've been gone 3 hours and am only just getting home now, though I did check from my phone several minutes after the news about Matt being shot was posted here.

Imagine that. The poor camper dude calls 911 just to report shots in the area and he didnt realize he was the one Matt was shooting at.

I bet Matt was hiding off in the woods a bit and wanted to shoot the guy just to then walk over and drive off in his camper.

Posted a tweet up thread that Border Patrol says Matt pointed a shotgun at them when they honed in on them

Interesting tale.... guy Thom Kelly,,,,, who shot the video of all the cops rushing explained that he was at a stoplight , traffic slowed and a Malone cop , when he drove by yelled one down!

NOw, these bad boys should not be free, but there is , like some others here, something to ponder about cops driving about yelling out their window one down

there just is guys

humanity etc all that stuff

imo

per CNN

That was a TYPO on the tweets from CBS NEWS that Sweat had been shot. It was supposed to say Matt.

I just got back on my computer. Have to confess I can't celebrate that he's dead, but I am happy he can't hurt another innocent person. I can't imagine the relief that the family of the survivors are feeling.

Anderson Cooper ‏@andersoncooper 4s4 seconds ago

We will be on for two hours tonight, so much to cover. #AC360 8-10pm

@KimDedam: Sweat search area: south end of Elephant's Head, near the southern tip of Lake Titus. #PrisonBreakNY we have no report he has been shot
[video=twitter;614553134409588737]https://twitter.com/kimdedam/status/614553134409588737[/video]

Looks like his mistake was coming into town. What did he expect with showing himself in broad daylight out on Main Street?

Is it possible Matt was tired of running and this was his way of giving up?

Don’t get me wrong I’m happy and thankful that he won’t be able to hurt anybody ever again and I don’t feel one bit sorry for him.

I do agree that some of the cheering is likely simply the feeling of relief.
To me, there is just something about cheering a death of even the most despicable person that seems a bit like the Roman Coliseum. Again JMO

Anderson Cooper ‏@andersoncooper 4s4 seconds ago

We will be on for two hours tonight, so much to cover. #AC360 8-10pm

News from today is incredibe! And while it won't be covered on the news, there was an amazing cross by the DA George Brauchler in the James Holmes trial. And on a personal note, Big Brother started last night. My brain is on serious overload!

Looks like his mistake was coming into town. What did he expect with showing himself in broad daylight out on Main Street?

Is it possible Matt was tired of running and this was his way of giving up?

Could have been the booze clouding his judgment.

I tend to agree. I feel absolutely no sympathy for him what so even and I do understand the feeling of being happy and relieved that this whole thing is drawing to an end but it still seems wrong to cheer at someone’s death even a waste of life like this. JMO

might seem wrong unless & until you've been victimized ... then perhaps in some cases, people react differently and there should be no judgment of victims, which is what it amounts to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966