NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved that movie!! Saw it upstate NY in drive-in

oh me too as an aviation buff do you remember the scene I was referring to ? The cop cars are like different colors, makes, different lights, WOW!

reminded me of BOston Marathon stuff

CNN Live

Ah...camper called 911 bc he heard shots

Camper did not realize right away that his own camper had indeed been shot at (cons were believed to b attempting to hijack his camper)

I tend to agree. I feel absolutely no sympathy for him what so even and I do understand the feeling of being happy and relieved that this whole thing is drawing to an end but it still seems wrong to cheer at someone’s death even a waste of life like this. JMO

i agree. i'm not sympathizing with anyone (except his mother, if she is still alive, i always sympathize with the mamas in any situation) but it's sad to see us cheering over his death.

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 2m2 minutes ago

.@RickLeventhal: "According to a source, Customs & Border Control was the agency that shot & killed" #RichardMatt.

Yes, a tactical unit of Border Patrol. I could be wrong, but when I think of "tactical unit" I do NOT think of a group that says "Oh, pretty please surrender, we don't want to hurt you". I think a tactical unit has one purpose..........stopping the bad guys dead in their tracks, literally.

[video=twitter;614549874961424384]https://twitter.com/cbs6gm/status/614549874961424384[/video]

Other twitter posts of LE coming out of the woods high-giving each other. Hope they got him!

I think people are celebrating the fact that he is no longer a potential danger to LE or innocent victims, not necessarily that he's dead.

CIdSju0UEAI3gYN.png

Megyn Kelly ‏@megynkelly 23s24 seconds ago

Prison escapee Richard Matt shot & killed by law enforcement officers, source confirms. http://fxn.ws/1Josc8y

thought we needed this picture for our walls :)

Personally, I am cheering that he is no longer on the run (costing untold amounts of money, sleep, and peace of mind to untold amounts of people). And I am cheering that he is no longer a danger to anyone.

I do not and would not cheer or celebrate the death of this person nor that of any human being. However, neither will I grieve his death.

snipped by me.
i agree with this. i am not sad he is dead. but i am not one to cheer a persons death.

Bradd Jaffy ‏@BraddJaffy 2m2 minutes ago

WNBC: Second round of gunfire heard as law enforcement is trying to close in on Sweat http://nbcnews.to/1TSERnj
#PrisonBreakNY

‏Bradd Jaffy ‏@BraddJaffy 7m

NBC News: Matt & Sweat were together when Border Patrol team encountered them; team opened fire when Matt pointed a shotgun #PrisonBreakNY

The LE's don't want to take sweat alive (IMO) so all the corruption will be buried.
I'd sure like to know how they did it though. They must've had serious power
tools, not just needle nose pliers.

@WCAX_Kyle: Sources close to the #PrisonBreakNY search: “the Vermont tactical team is critically involved in the operation” of catching David Sweat."
[video=twitter;614551360248381440]https://twitter.com/wcax_kyle/status/614551360248381440[/video]

I heard that too. Wolfe was completely bumfuzzled.

OH...........

I wish I could come up with words to describe how befuddled I have been that Wolf has gotten to superstar status. He is a awful teleprompter reader, his phrasing drives me nuts, its in puddles of 4 -6 words per utterence, it reminds of a person on death bed dying from COPD

I cant stand him, he asks just stupid questions too

ugh.............................

Personally, I am cheering that he is no longer on the run (costing untold amounts of money, sleep, and peace of mind to untold amounts of people). And I am cheering that he is no longer a danger to anyone.

I do not and would not cheer or celebrate the death of this person nor that of any human being. However, neither will I grieve his death.

Nevertheless, I reserve the right to grieve the loss of potential for ourselves and the man himself had his life entire taken a different path. Violence costs us all, no matter the genesis of the violence nor the reception of the survivors.

Thanks for the grace and sanity of this.

@EditorLois: Dogs and officers are looking for David Sweat at the south end of Elephant's Head, near Lake Titus. #PrisonBreakNY
[video=twitter;614551561021353984]https://twitter.com/editorlois/status/614551561021353984[/video]

Keshia Clukey ‏@KClukey_TU 3s3 seconds ago

Traffic is being diverted at Route 30 and a franklin St in Malone
0 retweets 0 favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads