NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced Sweat wrote this. FWII..Comparing the two "have"s, in the letter, the e always goes straight out from the v. Also, I didn't see one case where a letter like y or even g had a curly extending from the letter. The letter stops at the line...no curly part extends above that.

Just a random thought: We have no real understanding of what it is like to be a prison worker. At first, they are gung ho and abide by the do's and don'ts of interacting with the inmates. Eventually, even the baddest of the bad inmate will show some kindness, some type of humanity, and it's normal to feel sorry for them. A lot of us have been raised to forgive trespassers, etc. This is true of the prison guards and co's. You can see where a lot of these co's just behave like they have a heart, which is desirable in a human! I think most inmates are grateful for being treated like a real person, rather than an animal in a cage. The M and S types take advantage of the goodness of others.

Two savage killers (one a cop killer) do not become inmate leaders and extensions of the prison administration just by attending prison bible study.

Conversely, two moderately well paid officers do not flip into the world of criminality merely through sympathy and social interaction.

Something very seductive has to allure both groups to take the hard road that comes with flipping (or being flipped) inside of a prison. The number one suspect is money. If some key prisoners trusted Sweat and Matt, and down the line the CO's also trusted Sweat and Matt, then what we have is a conduit for illegal activity to take place inside the prison for $$$$. That is what is being covered up, imo.

Great first post!

:welcome:

BBM

A court appearance scheduled for Thursday was adjourned after Mr. Palmer decided to retain a new lawyer, William J. Dreyer, who did not respond to a request for comment. His previous lawyer, Andrew Brockway, told reporters there was more to the escape plot than met the eye. “The true story isn’t Joyce Mitchell and Gene Palmer; it is bigger than that and we are hoping that the truth comes out,” he said, without elaborating.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/2...er-new-york-prison-escape.html?referrer=&_r=0

I think it will go alot higher up than these two.

I'm not convinced Sweat wrote this. FWII..Comparing the two "have"s, in the letter, the e always goes straight out from the v. Also, I didn't see one case where a letter like y or even g had a curly extending from the letter. The letter stops at the line...no curly part extends above that.

I have to agree with you, and :welcome: !

The park this graffiti was done in is dedicated to the memory of a murder victim who also was a cop's daughter, right here in Binghamton.

Freaky. That was at the same time basically as the sightings down here on the NY/PA border.

But now they have DNA from up there so it doesn't seem likely at all that it was done by him because he would never get all the way back down here and then go back up to that cabin and they seem awfully sure that they were both at that cabin on Saturday.

The y in Day is different than the y in his letter, it is high to low in the graffiti and low to high in the letter, but a spray can and a rush job could change that I guess... Nevertheless, if it is a fake/joke, somebody had seen his writing before. Or maybe it was planted there by accomplices?? That sounds so far fetched, but look at this whole thing so far... Apparently nothing is too far fetched.

I'm just continually shocked at this entire travesty/soap opera! Really I shouldnt be at this point, but just when you think things couldn't get more dramatic and crazy, GP has a sick wife, a girlfriend, and then there's a burlesque dancer answering the door to the family home too?!

I'm beginning to think my coworker was on to something when he said they (sweat/Matt) must be backed by gang/mafia/illicit money.

I just don't think they could escape for this long after LE swears up and down that they're right on their tail, without there being a whole level of duplicity that we haven't heard about yet

As an aside, whomever is the artist (sweat or Matt, I think there has been some confusion on that), is actually really good! Too bad they are murderers.

:welcome6:

I have to say, I have learned a lot about New York State recently. I am a history buff and a geography buff so I appreciate all the pics and information from the locals. I had no idea..... Beautiful there also.

Right. The writing is slightly different. But writing with a pen/pencil is very different than writing with a can of spray paint.

Just a random thought: We have no real understanding of what it is like to be a prison worker. At first, they are gung ho and abide by the do's and don'ts of interacting with the inmates. Eventually, even the baddest of the bad inmate will show some kindness, some type of humanity, and it's normal to feel sorry for them. A lot of us have been raised to forgive trespassers, etc. This is true of the prison guards and co's. You can see where a lot of these co's just behave like they have a heart, which is desirable in a human! I think most inmates are grateful for being treated like a real person, rather than an animal in a cage. The M and S types take advantage of the goodness of others.

Being kind and respectful to inmates is one thing..COs are peace officers, after all.

Breaking protocol by handing over tools that could potentially be used as weapons, or in this case assist in an escape, is something else entirely.

Did y'all know that Almanzo Wilder from Little House on the Prairie fame is from Malone, NY?

Just to add on to the history post...LOL!!

Cnn is on and once again Bernard Kerkik (sp) is on as a commentator...wasn't he convicted of some crime back after 9/11?? In New York!!!
And Dog the Bounty Hunter is on again.....wow,lol.

ETA: Dog says he and Beth are in NY and are just waiting.

Dog looking rough.

fJeBnnA.png

Right. The writing is slightly different. But writing with a pen/pencil is very different than writing with a can of spray paint.
But if I was on the run, I don't think I'd be carrying around a can of spray paint with me.

But if I was on the run, I don't think I'd be carrying around a can of spray paint with me.

Maybe it was painted by someone after the sighting - as a "high five" to the escapees?

I have no idea.

Books to be made a available soon... Who who let the dogs out? How to knock out prison guards with sleeping pills.. And How to thaw your frozen meat. .. And Gov Cuomo's book on Why I won't get best drones to catch these killers ...Provided to you by the prisoners that watch Days of our Lives. Tillie and The Gang
Unbelievable this case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member