NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to find the Sweat drawings but ran acrooss some interesting tid bits :

Their killings were vile, the sort where a body is carved up and the head is never found.

The killers have spent the majority of their adulthoods in cells. Since he entered prison at age 19, Mr. Matt has known freedom only a total of about four and a half years. Since he was first locked up at 17, Mr. Sweat has been out just three years.

pent the majority of their adulthoods in cells. Since he entered prison at age 19, Mr. Matt has known freedom only a total of about four and a half years. Since he was first locked up at 17, Mr. Sweat has been out just three years.

Sweat saw only wickedness. She knew he was too much when, at 9, he began throwing knives at her. He also threw a rocking chair at her. One of his sisters, who gave her name only as Tilly, said of their mother, “She had two nervous breakdowns because of him when he was little, and she can’t take any more.” burn his toy cars. Or he would smash them with rocks and hammers.

He once took a knife to school and was suspended. “He was rude to anyone and everyone when the mood hit him,” Tilly said.

Mr. Matt got the itch when he 14. He tried to steal a houseboat. From 1985 to 1991, he was arrested eight times on charges including second-degree assault — the most serious charge — for beating up a woman, as well as criminal possession of a weapon, criminal possession of stolen property and harassment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/13/n...ys-thieves-killers-and-now-escapees.html?_r=0

I'm curious what Matt was wearing when he was shot? Fatigues?

funny that no media has given any info, like autopsy scheduled, what he wore, any info about details of the death, no crime scene trucks, ambulance, hearse???

also "eyes on" sweat last night..............really???
are we being duped with so many media stories? JMOO FACTS only media

i thought so too

Hey WE all know how themedia gets everything backwards, but the corrections dude refers to "Matt" paintings.

This one is signed

hillary-clinton-richard-matt.jpg

Shawshank' escapee Richard Matt is a gifted painter who did celebrity ... More
www.dailymail.co.uk

who knows huh!

CIhzfZmWEAAKgLB.jpg

Zach Hirsch ‏@zdhirsch 2m2 minutes ago

Mobile command center. Thanks @bergamasque & @nytaylor777 for loaning the travel mug. :) #radiostory #PrisonBreakNY

these reporters will have stories to tell about this the rest of their lives...........

He really was a remarkable artist. Shame that it was such a waste of talent. I can't draw a stick figure to be damned and this killer could draw a real life looking portrait.

I'd like to hear more about the shooting of Matt. How did the verify it was Matt before the fatal shot(s) were fired? What was the distance of Matt from the shooter(s). How many times was he shot?

I find it concerning that LE wants citizens to put out and check their game cams. Citizens out in the woods while a massive search is underway and where elite teams are helicoptered in when an incident is reported.

What would happen if a citizen was accidentally shot by LE?

The handwriting on the Oprah painting looks like Sweat's.

In the beginning Miss TIllie acknowledged Matt did one of her husband or something, I am just curious too! I think they are awesome !

not that i have seen, and i've been watching pretty closely

RE: Matts body removal

Last night they said it was a crime scene and an investigation of the shooting and forensics were being done where he lay.

hmmm, no comments from Tillie, Lyle or palmer on the death of M???

RE: Matts body removal

Last night they said it was a crime scene and an investigation of the shooting and forensics were being done where he lay.

wonder how long that would take?

If Sweat truly has back issues, he had to be in major pain.

But I wonder if it wasn't fake to get drugs.

I have a friend who was a doctor in a city where crimmies would be sent.

She had all kinds of good ways to check if they were lying or not about their medical issues. I can't remember what any were right now. I wonder if a doc goes to the prison or if they are transported to a medical facility?

MY guess would be house calls. Its is huge staffing hassle to have to transport out of the facility, tons of paperwork also!
When our guys had to go to court it was a staffing hassle for admin to schedule xtra correction officers for transporting, vans had to be arranged.

That kind of stuff also increases tension amungst the boys- is someone sentence getting extended- is it an opportunity to act out casue staffing is messed up. Is the dude being transported going to act out, what is the climate in the unit at the time of the court date, what current staffing needs are already in place. Mealtimes can get all screwed up, shower ability can get all messed up, group gets messed up- change of shift by the correction floor people gets all screwed up , admin is only caring about overtime - control room operations are all changed (opening and closing and all that jazz) , they have to line everyone up , bla bla bla!

They are very fluid places, an inmate gets ratted out for having contraband, and we decide a room search is warrented - that sounds easy. YOu have to get the correcitions guys to get everyone back in thier cells, they dont like it, so they are agiated, when contraband found, there were consequences, which escalated the ones that did not have it but are now on lockdown. Its a very corchestrated machine- mostly by corrections officers, who as you all learning , really could care less, hate their jobs.

Clinically I loved working with the population, they were generally speaking bright, manipulative, and challenging compared to flat out mental health!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal