NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
27 June 2015
June 27 UPDATE: Search for escapee David Sweat continues in Franklin County

NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Charles E. Guess
Troop B Commander

PRESS RELEASE

The New York State Police continue to search for escaped prisoner David Sweat. Saturday’s search efforts are focused on a 22 square mile perimeter along State Route 30 between County Route 41 in the Town of Malone and County Route 26 in the Town of Duane.

Tactical, K9 and aviation units from the involved agencies have been conducting searches within the perimeter in effort to locate the suspect.
On Saturday, there are approximately 1,200 federal, state and local law enforcement members involved in the search area. These agencies include Forest Rangers and Conservation Officers from the Department of Environmental Conservation, officers from the Department of Corrections and Community Supervision, the FBI, U.S. Marshals Service, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Plattsburgh Police, Vermont State Police, and the Clinton, Franklin and Washington County Sheriff’s Departments. All available assets are being deployed around the clock.

The body of escapee Richard Matt, who was shot and killed by law enforcement Friday afternoon in the Town of Duane, has been transported to Albany Medical Center for an autopsy.
State Police again want to thank the public for their support and want to continue to urge residents to continue to call 911 if they see ANYTHING out of the ordinary.

Do not hesitate to report any suspicious activity including any signs of a trespass, burglary or vehicle larceny. Contact 911, your local law enforcement agency, or the New York State Police to report any information related to this investigation at (518) 563-3761 or 1-800-GIVETIP. Tips can also be sent by email to crimetip@troopers.ny.gov.

https://www.nyspnews.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=46369

I think we're not hearing much about the prison workers who are in trouble or the prison failings / successful escape because right now media is content to focus on Sweat, who is the bad guy that its' most convenient for us to focus on as far as the corrections/justice industry is probably concerned (for lack of a better phrase) so they're not gonna go out of their way to divert our attention back to criticizing those things right now by releasing new info just now.

JMO.

Dannemora prison supervisors' raises on hold

I have a feeling more people are going to be un-pleasantly surprised beside JM & GP.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Dannemora-prison-supervisors-raises-on-hold-6350364.php

I need to board a plane in 4 hours, fellow ws'ers. Okay, so Matt is done NOW hope I get the chance to see Sweat go down too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweat has a bigger target on his head, back, chest than Matt did being the cop killer that he is. If he wanted to come out of this alive he would have to be outside of the perimeter and give up where there are witnesses other than LE.

It could be days yet. Maybe they can starve him out? Wonder if there are other cabins in the perimeter area?

I believe Sweat must be pretty distraught that Matt was killed. These guys become much more than BBF's in prison. More like lovers (with or without sex) in so much that each other is all there is as far as a relationship goes. IIRC it was reported very early on that Tillie was instrumental in getting the two of them in cells next to each other in the "honor block". Also that Matt was known to be "well endowed". That Sweat would do the "drawings" and then hand them off to Matt for painting.

I cannot find the link to this so I will leave it as my opinions.

JMO's

Wonder if Sweat saw Matt get killed? If so, how in the world did he manage to get away from LE?

Trying to find the Sweat drawings but ran acrooss some interesting tid bits :

Their killings were vile, the sort where a body is carved up and the head is never found.

The killers have spent the majority of their adulthoods in cells. Since he entered prison at age 19, Mr. Matt has known freedom only a total of about four and a half years. Since he was first locked up at 17, Mr. Sweat has been out just three years.

pent the majority of their adulthoods in cells. Since he entered prison at age 19, Mr. Matt has known freedom only a total of about four and a half years. Since he was first locked up at 17, Mr. Sweat has been out just three years.

Sweat saw only wickedness. She knew he was too much when, at 9, he began throwing knives at her. He also threw a rocking chair at her. One of his sisters, who gave her name only as Tilly, said of their mother, “She had two nervous breakdowns because of him when he was little, and she can’t take any more.” burn his toy cars. Or he would smash them with rocks and hammers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/13/n...ys-thieves-killers-and-now-escapees.html?_r=0
RSBM BBM

TWO Tilly/ies???

:thud:

Zach Hirsch ‏@zdhirsch 4s5 seconds ago

K. Mulverhill: “If there was not credible evidence that he was in there than we would not have established this perimeter. #PrisonBreakNY

TWCNews has an anchor on location who is saying that they were told some shots were fired and it wasn't safe for them to go through but they say they weren't told if it had anything to do with Sweat. But then again TWCNews insisted Sweat was surrouded and engaged in gun battle last night so who knows.

http://www.wptz.com/news/search-con...ampaign=WPTZ NewsChannel 5&Content Type=Story

Anyone read this, especially the timeline of events about the banging on the door at 2 am? According to this there was blood and scratch marks on her basement door. Was it Matt and was he injured?

From your link-

"Carol Gerber, a resident on Webster Road, said she was awakened about 2 a.m. Friday to the sound of banging on her door. She notified police later in the morning and said she later learned their was a blood stain on her door and scratch marks on a door leading to the basement.

Gerber said officials told her she should have called authorities sooner, and they believe one of the fugitives had been there. The discovery led to a search of the area by officers and K-9 units, but as far as Gerber knows, nothing was found."

Maybe it was Sweat. Then again they could have DNA back on that blood by now and if they DID we'd already know it was from one of the fugitives.

So I guess it was nothing actually. JMO

Zach Hirsch ‏@zdhirsch 1m1 minute ago

Is Sweat even in there? Police think so. But official word from @nyspolice: Last trace of Sweat is from burglary 1 week ago. #PrisonBreakNY
0 retweets 0 favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member