NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Karma can be a "*advertiser censored*" ..............
I have no empathy for M or S.
They both gave horrible deaths to 2 men.......Karma death coming right back to them both
JMOO

3 actually

Richard Matt murdered two men - his boss in the U.S. and another man in Mexico

Officers Use Floodlights, Checkpoints in Hunt for Escapee
MALONE, N.Y. — Jun 28, 2015, 12:53 AM ET

By MICHAEL BALSAMO and JOHN KEKIS Associated Press
Associated Press
Officers scouring dense and boggy woods for a surviving escaped killer took floodlights into the search area overnight, and others carrying rifles manned checkpoints and examined vehicles, opening trunks and peering into windows.
Franklin County Sheriff Kevin Mulverhill said late Saturday tips continued to pour in and he was optimistic David Sweat would be captured, perhaps within 48 hours.
"It's going to be one of those phone calls that turns this case around," he said.

Full article at this link . . .http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/officers-floodlights-checkpoints-hunt-escapee-32079441

I wish Tillie and Palmer could be standing out in the bugs and pouring rain

Richard Matt was acting "intoxicated" says ABC news. Maybe the gin? Maybe found wild mushrooms?

I'm thinking he knew it was over, why not go out drunk? [emoji481]

A few things i am wondering about tonight:
Did the officer that shot Matt have a video camera and film the final episode? If so, what would stop them from showing it, might be a naive question.
Why did the police never show the hunters video cam picture of the two of them on the trail? Or was it only Matt and the rest is rumor from irresponsible press types.
Why is LE so positive Sweat is out there in the woods? or are they just guessing? If Sweat is caught, will he and Joyce be charged with the murder of Matt, or a lesser charge of manslaughter? Why does the press keep getting the facts wrong incessantly, and making erroneous statements when they are actually there on site and get the scoop all the time? and lastly why do I want to know all of this!!:gaah:

If they parted ways after Owls Head, Sweat would have been looking for shelter,too and we have heard of no break-ins at camps in other areas. It is likely that they ate the same foods and drank the same water as long as they were together. I imagine that if Sweat didn't succumb to illness and die first, that he is very ill. I think that he is dead. JMO

,,,,also, if Sweat died or dies of illness, Perhaps Tillie could be sued civilly with wrongful death....Palmer, too. JMO

,,,,also, if Sweat died or dies of illness, Perhaps Tillie could be sued civilly with wrongful death....Palmer, too. JMO

why? they chose to escape & put themselves in harm's way

why? they chose to escape & put themselves in harm's way

Perhaps, meaning that I am speculating. Early on in legal discussions when Tillie was arrested, TV lawyer guests were saying that her charges COULD be upped if anyone is injured or dies as a result of their escape, including the escapees themselves because she provided material assistance to the escape, which is a crime, in itself. I don't think that it would be abetting homicide in Matt's case, because the homicide was justifiable. But if Sweat dies or is dead from illness because of the escape, Tillie and whoever else helped in the escape could share some responsibility for the death. JMO

Good morning all...maybe TODAY will be the day we get resolution to this case. It doesn't appear much has happened overnight.

This is really bugging me....Where were they between June 6th and June 20th, when (presumably) one of them was seen running out of the Owls Head/Mountain View cabin, where their DNA was found? I can't believe that it took them two weeks to hike there nor can Ibelieve that they were lounging around at that cabin for more than a few days!!!....and NO reports of sightings, break-ins or evidence in between, EXCEPT for the footprints at the Mobil station (in the opposite direction.)JMO

CNN is reporting that (according to Buffalo News) Matt was "probably intoxicated" when he was shot and killed and that investigators say he "reeked of alcohol" which would explain why he didn't respond appropriately to the "comply or die" orders by LE.

LOL! I spent the entire day yesterday working in my garden (before the rains came), running errands, and visiting with family -- in hopes that everything would happen while I was away. It didn't work! Now I just have about 20 pages to wade through -- this thread will be closed by time I catch up!:gaah:

So, anyway, grey screen disease again. But wondering if anyone has links to any news articles about Matt's gun not being fired (i.e. who shot the camper?).

I wonder, also, if they've gone back to the first cabin and worked out from there. Sweat and Matt may have run off in two different directions when the owner showed up.

May Matt drank something that Sweat didn't - say like the grape gin. I've never heard of it unless it was grape juice mixed in with a cocktail and I was a bartender for a number of years. Sounds like a homemade concoction and the cabin owner had said the gin had been there a number of years. And if Matt drank something like that on a compromised immune system he'd probably wanted to be shot.

<snip>

1) Fermentation. While ethanol fermentation mostly generates ethanol, it can also result in a smaller amount of methanol, particularly when items high in pectin are fermented (e.g. grapes). However, much of this can be removed in the distilling process. Methanol boils at an even lower temperature than ethanol, so it exits the still early on. Proponents of homemade hooch recommend discarding the first few ounces to condense out of the still in order to reduce chances of methanol poisoning. (And, for the record, even government approved legal alcoholic beverages can harbor small amounts of methanol.)

http://earthsky.org/human-world/strange-brew-how-poorly-crafted-booze-can-make-you-sick-or-dead

ETA: I wonder if the "cough" was actually a gag reflex. I would think that Matt's alcohol tolerance would be extremely low. JMO

<snip>

Alcohol poisoning is a serious &#8212; and sometimes deadly &#8212; consequence of drinking large amounts of alcohol in a short period of time. Drinking too much too quickly can affect your breathing, heart rate, body temperature and gag reflex and potentially lead to coma and death.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alcohol-poisoning/basics/definition/con-20029020

Regarding cabins -- I believe there must have been 5 cabins and 1 outdoor area involved.

1) The Owl's Head cabin where both men's DNA was found; peanut butter, jug of water, and one person heard fleeing scene when one of the owners approached on June 20. Where the shotgun was stolen.

2) Cabin in Bellmont broken into, evidence found (reported at Fri. 1 PM press conference) http://www.leaderherald.com/page/co...rs-seek-prisoner--1-dead.html?isap=1&nav=5041

3) Another cabin (on Fayette road) where feces found, DNA of Matt. This was discovered on Wednesday, as I recall, and DNA evidence confirmed Matt's presence on Thursday but not reported until Friday in the press and at the news conference at 1 PM on Friday where LE said they believed the pair were headed toward Canada. Because we were wondering why LE held that close to their vest for 2 days.http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/2...ing-inmates-tools-denies-knowing-escape-plan/

4) Place in a field where someone had been lying down, and candy wrappers around. In the news conference midday on Fri., LE said that some items had been acquired at first two cabins, and some items left behind, which apparently were helpful to LE

5) Bob Willet's cabin, located in woods behind his house near Rte 30. THAT was investigated on Friday afternoon. The one where the Grape gin found open. Willet reported that two pairs of boots, a pair of binoculars and a bottle of rum were missing. Willet was outside talking to the police when Matt was shot nearby http://www.wsj.com/articles/spilled-gin-in-cabin-helped-lead-to-escapees-capture-1435445977

6) Cabin within hearing distance of Willet's cabin, west of Rte 30, where Matt was shot. After the driver of the camper discovered the camper had been shot (shortly before 2 PM) and told LE it happened about 8 miles back, so they went 8 miles back down the road, found the cabin, smelled gunpowder, and found Matt in the woods behind the house. It must have been close to Willet's cabin because he heard the gunshots when Matt was killed. He actually reported hearing two separate incidents of gunshots (plural, both times) coming from that area. Perhaps the first was when the camper was shot? Will need to find link for that.
link for time when camper was shot: http://www.pressrepublican.com/news...cle_20b0e0be-aaf2-5405-9128-c3b7f603b0ab.html
link for two rounds of gunshots (about 20 minutes apart) heard and called into 911 http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/26/us/new-york-prison-break/

Forensic coroner experts, Question, What is allowed?, Common practice to perform an autopsy on a person (killed criminal, Matt), to investigate another live criminal (Sweat)? Just woke with this query..yes I know sad on a Sun am...

" Judge Andrew Napolitano told Shepard Smith that Mitchell could "face a host of potential charges" if she conspired with the escaped prisoners.

"It's inconceivable that she could claim they forced her to do it, unless there's some bizarre relationship here that we can't even conceive of," Napolitano said.

"If they had an agreement for the two of them to escape and for her to help them do so, that's a conspiracy," Napolitano explained. "Here's the kicker, if it was a conspiracy, she can be charged for any crime that they commit in furtherance of the conspiracy."

He stated that Mitchell is "facing jail for the rest of her life." "

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/06/...worker-could-face-life-prison-helping-inmates

ETA IMO this would not apply to police having to kill Matt due to his non-compliance. It would apply if one of the men had killed someone while on the outside. IMO

It does sound like she can be charged with at least 3 counts of breaking and entering on their behalf though. And some sort of vandalism for the bullet hole in the camper maybe? I am not a lawyer.

WOW TWO pairs of boots....now I see why they think that Sweat was there. Wonder if Matt had one of the sets of boots on? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper