NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news is reporting this morning that LE says they expect to have Sweat in handcuffs within the next 48 hrs.

Good grief, he mixed rum and gin infused with old grapes? He probably would have died without being shot. The coughing was most likely puking after drinking all of that. The poor pathologist, coroner and medical examiner, you know he was rank and ripe.

I just went back to post 676 and added more links and details. Definitely at least 4 cabins broken into. And significant, I think, that 2 pairs of boots stolen from Willet's cabin. Unlikely that Matt would have taken 2 pairs, since that would be heavy to carry, and why would he need 2? I think it points to Sweat being there as well, or maybe nearby, and the boots were for him. Does sound like one or both of them may have run out of the first cabin barefoot, if they were stealing boots of Friday. Or maybe they were trying to find a better fit? But...why the heck haven't they found Sweat's DNA or the dogs found his scent??

IMO Sweat is not in the area they think he is. Whether alive or dead outside that area, I do not know. But I do not think he's inside that 22 square mile perimeter.

I just went back to post 676 and added more links and details. Definitely at least 4 cabins broken into. And significant, I think, that 2 pairs of boots stolen from Willet's cabin. Unlikely that Matt would have taken 2 pairs, since that would be heavy to carry, and why would he need 2? I think it points to Sweat being there as well, or maybe nearby, and the boots were for him. Does sound like one or both of them may have run out of the first cabin barefoot, if they were stealing boots of Friday. Or maybe they were trying to find a better fit? But...why the heck haven't they found Sweat's DNA or the dogs found his scent??

Maybe the boots get so water logged he wears and discards or one pair is drying while the other pair is worn.

Why haven't the dogs hit on a Sweat scent? Another thought I have are there man holes in the search area?

Why haven't the dogs hit on a Sweat scent? Another thought I have are there man holes in the search area?

no way. manholes are part of city water and sewer systems. this is all nothing but backwoods wilderness in a "forever wild" designated area that is completely natural. This is the largest "wilds" in the United States of America by far. It is 6.1 million square miles of thick and unforgiving wilderness.

If he's hiding up or down he's more like up in a tree stand for hunting IMO.

Last night my company mentioned something about an underground railroad with tunnels in that area & they thought the escapees may had been hiding there. Is anyone aware of this...does it exist???

I can't open that wjs article that has the info about TWO pair of boots stolen from the cabin without a subscription. I can't seem find that information anywhere else. Can someone please post that part...please???

Sounds like LE knows for sure Sweat isn't dead then if they're actually saying "In handcuffs". You don't cuff a dead guy. They could've just said "in custody" or something.

Of course I do'nt REALLY think they know anything at all except that Matt didn't eat Sweat due to lack of his dna in Matt's undies. JMO.

Last night my company mentioned something about an underground railroad with tunnels in that area & they thought the escapees may had been hiding there. Is anyone aware of this...does it exist???

I can't open that wjs article that has the info about TWO pair of boots stolen from the cabin without a subscription. I can't seem find that information anywhere else. Can someone please post that part...please???

No way. This is deep wilderness that has been set aside by legislation to ensure there will be no developments of those sorts at all.

That defies logic IMO. Perhaps in one of the cities nearby they mean "underground railroad" as in, used to help slaves.

Sweat's location:

"The Adirondack Park is a part of New York's Forest Preserve in Upstate New York, United States. The park is big, covering about 6.1 million acres (2.5×106 ha), more than the National Parks of Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Glacier, and Great Smoky Mountains combined"

<snip>

"The ecological state of the area is similar to that before the arrival of Europeans."

<snip>

"The lands of the state, now owned or hereafter acquired, constituting the forest preserve as now fixed by law, shall be forever kept as wild forest lands. They shall not be leased, sold or exchanged, or be taken by any corporation, public or private, nor shall the timber thereon be sold, removed or destroyed."

<snip>

As a result of the legal protections, many pieces of the original forest of the Adirondacks have never been logged and are old-growth forest

worth repeating every 30 pages or so. IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Adirondack_Park

---

ETA:

http://apa.ny.gov/about_park/

"The Adirondack Park was created in 1892 by the State of New York amid concerns for the water and timber resources of the region. Today the Park is the largest publicly protected area in the contiguous United States, greater in size than Yellowstone, Everglades, Glacier, and Grand Canyon National Park combined. The boundary of the Park encompasses approximately 6 million acres, nearly half of which belongs to all the people of New York State and is constitutionally protected to remain &#8220;forever wild&#8221; forest preserve. The remaining half of the Park is private land which includes settlements, farms, timber lands, businesses, homes, and camps."

One of the experts on CNN this morning hypothesized that Sweat may have already collapsed due to hypothermia and may be laying down somewhere, unconscious.

Ground Hog Day again, every morning when I wake up I think this must have ended overnight.

this is a great map that shows the park boundaries and the streets within it as compared to outside it.

adirondackpark.jpg

ETA - NYC is that little tail thing on the bottom right. Notice how tiny it is compared to the actual state of New York.

Also notice how HUGE the Adirondack "forever wild" Park is inside that light blue boundary.

(The real New York is rural, forested, and full of cornfields and cows. It is not cities. Not one bit. NYC should be it's own state, then the real New York could shine for the natural beauty that it is. IMO.)

Moe, I just woke up myself and misread "within the next 48 hours" as "within the next 2 hours", so I guess my subconscious was thinking it should be over too.

I'm waiting to find out sweat got tired and hungry, broke through the sewers and is sitting in his cell wondering where breakfast is.

I'm waiting to find out sweat got tired and hungry, broke through the sewers and is sitting in his cell wondering where breakfast is.

The guys who broke out of Eastern State Penitentiary in Pennsylvania via cutting rectangular holes in their cells and tunneling down, across, up, and out a manhole / opening on the street did just that.. .one of them was killed by peeved ex associates, one was shot or something by LE, and one was found ringing the prison bell like 3 days later, cold and hungry. Cant' make that stuff up.

http://www.easternstate.org/support...eological-study-“willie-sutton”-escape-tunnel

"The escape was planned by prison plaster worker Clarence Klinedinst and his cellmate, William Russell. They dug into the wall of their cell in Cellblock Seven, fifteen feet down, ninety-seven feet out to Fairmount Avenue and fifteen feet up to freedom. They equipped the tunnel with lights and shored it with wood bracing.

By April 3, 1945, the tunnel was complete. Ten inmates joined the escape on the way to breakfast that morning. One of the late comers was flamboyant bank robber and escape artist &#8220;Slick Willie&#8221; Sutton.

The twelve inmates emerged from the tunnel at the corner of 22nd Street and Fairmount Avenue and scattered into the neighborhood.

Sutton was captured within minutes, two blocks from the penitentiary. He later claimed credit for the tunnel's design and construction. Klinedinst was out for three hours, and Russell was shot and captured when he walked into a police trap at the home of a former girlfriend.

James Grace returned to the penitentiary early on the morning of April 11, rang the doorbell, and asked to be let back in. He was hungry."

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-...-eastern-state-penitentiary-180947688/?no-ist

PS - among the links I've posted about the Adirondacks recently were the statistics scattered among two links which state the park has 130K full time residents and 200K seasonal.

That is a lot of empty buildings to choose from IMO.

It is damp, rainy and cold according to the weather report. so does S have a bad back? if so he has to be in allot of pain.
Maybe add sickness to it and he is slowed down.
He is desperate more than ever, I fear hostage situation.........4th of July weekend and everyone will be opening up camps.
Tillie having anxiety attacks yet?

Thanks for mentioning Sweat's back issues. Without meds, he's probably been in a lot of pain and was unable to move as quickly as Matt. I think Sweat might have already been dead, lying somewhere whining and writhing in pain, and a huge hindrance and liability for Matt. I lean towards Matt ditching Sweat and heading out on his own despite illness, whatever it might have been. LE needs to bring in cadaver dogs to sweep areas they've searched. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic