NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh this post triggered childhood trauma as it relates to word problems:

if d&s were at campsite x on friday, and a bottle of booze was noticed three miles away from dirty underpanties, at campsite r, on what day would d&s be schleping by campsite x on sunday by noon, after a shot was heard near campsite p 27 minutes earlier, where would d be 39 minutes later?

rof !!!!!

I cannot keep this cabin stuff straight, partly because no two media outlets tell it the same way!

ETA - eh neither timeline was any good for our purposes. I'll keep looking.

ABC are saying they have Sweat cornered in a gun battle, not to mention they cannot spell the word "with".....so no cred with them, sorry.

New York State Police said they believed Matt was wit David Sweat, earlier, and that they've set up a perimeter in the area around where Matt was shot and killed to try and corner Sweat. There was an active gun battle in the woods where they believe Sweat was cornered.

sometimes I wonder how good those dogs really are, remember the Caylee Anthony case? She was found just a few blocks down the street from her home yet no dogs to my knowledge ever picked up on that trail

I saw on Twitter this morning a man claiming to be a reformed exprisoner that knew both men. He kept sending tweets to news stations and replying to reporters saying he can share inside info with people on the two and their behaviors. Not sure how reliable it is. Apparently he wrote a book about his time in that prison and the corruption from within. I think he may have been interviewed by someone in the past few days regarding all this but I could have misunderstood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant recall his name etc, but I saw the interview - he was not all that compelling it was kinda like well they could do this or they could do that etc . My take was he saw opportunity to move a couple more copies of his old book! If I reacall also his contact with them was like a long time ago !

"New evidence discovered Thursday at a hunting cabin – and Friday in a field – is the first major find since June 22, when police reported they found DNA evidence left behind at another cabin near Wolf Pond, about 20 miles west of the prison in Dannemore, New York.

The latest evidence, which was recovered within the boundaries of the town of Malone, New York, show the men are moving to the north-northwest through rugged terrain dotted with seasonal hunting cabins, New York State Police Maj. Charles Guess said Friday at a news briefing. "

http://www.people.com/article/escaped-killers-may-be-headed-toward-canada-say-police

I guess the question is whether the hunting cabin in paragraph one above is Willett's or if there was in fact another one in Malone. I know i saw the press republican say last night that DNA was found in ANOTHER cabin in malone, right??

Maybe he's dead and LE should be using cadaver dogs?

hi BUF.........first let me give you this dang honey, looking at your post count you might call me on it like fletcher did LOL....and yes i agree with your whole post OR matt really could have been getting sick what with that cough and all and sweat took off.....but i really DO think it likely he's dead....and didn't see you earlier so :welcome: :)

Boy as the images of these two develop they create quite a pair. A drunk with loose stools, coughing, bleeding and barefoot without shoes, with dirty tushies,

I was gone a few hours, so trying to 'catch up'.

GGE: Thank you for working on sorting out the cabin issues !! It makes sense that there's 3 cabins: 1) is the one with bunkbeds owned by a little group of prison guards, and I read somewhere (may not be accurate) that 4 are from Dannemore and there's one more, the one who stumbled on maybe-Matt?, and that 5th wheel works at some other prison in the area. And that 1st cabin had DNA of both Sweat & Matt, right? --- I recall the police said they KNEW that BOTH had been there JUST THE DAY PRIOR to the police making the announcement; 2) There's poop-Willett-smells like grape gin cabin, solely owned by Willett who is a prison guard but apparently NOT Dannemore (cuz' nobody ever says Dannemore--- but MEEBEE Willett said Don't Tell Which Prison I Work At...); and 3) some 'Friday' cabin (???) that police entered and smelled like shots had been fired. And, yes, there is the 'bedded down' area where police feel Matt (??? why Matt - DNA ???) spent some snooze time - candy wrappers(??) there, too.
-
I note that I saw that DNA can get tested in about 1 1/2 hrs. now.
-
QUESTION: Why are there all those 'corrections officers' in this police search?? I would think police, FBI, CERT, Border Patrol, USMarshall Service all would be much better suited to searching woods than corrections officers. PLUS, how did they round up a huge group of corrections officers anyway?
-
ON A RELATED NOTE: On video, some of those corrections officers were morbidly obese, one seemed to be super morbidly obese, many 'plain old' obese. It looked downright dangerous for most of them to be out running around in the heat with bullet proof vests, all that gear, long pants, bug spray -- oh, did they look h.o.t., and like potential heart attack victims.
-
ONE MORE THING: I think that when there is talk of how one time 'multiple shots were heard', and a little while later they came across Matt, I would think those 'multiple shots' were from some officer or officers who had a false alarm in the woods, and coincidentally were 'sorta' where Matt was.
-
LAST THING: Will someone please make clear for me how it is that the police ARE SURE they have Sweat 'w/i a 3 mi. perimeter' since Matt got killed ----- is it that the Border Patrol who shot Matt HEARD SOMEONE RUNNING AWAY, and they shot once/maybe a few times(???) but woods were so dense they know it was Sweat who got away ??? tyia

Does anyone ever leave field cars / camp vehicles at their camps? You don't need it to have valid plates and stuff if you're driving it on your own vast acreage... wondering if someone might have their old but running clunker at a camp and whether Sweat might be able to tinker with one, maybe steal a plate from a car someplace if it doesn't have one, and take off.

sometimes I wonder how good those dogs really are, remember the Caylee Anthony case? She was found just a few blocks down the street from her home yet no dogs to my knowledge ever picked up on that trail

There was record breaking rains and that area was complely under water for a long time!

Alexa Green ‏@AlexaTWCNews 3m3 minutes ago

A look back on how #PrisonBreakNY unfolded and has since captivated the nation. @JonDTWCNews reports http://bit.ly/1LuK5SD

I haven't posted for a few days but have been following very anxiously. Our summer place is in the perimeter. Heard from a neighbour by email and most people with trailers and cabins near us are staying away for now. Myself included.

I did venture down over the border yesterday to pick something up from the Walmart in the US ( its illegal to sell anything in English in Quebec and I needed an English toy for a birthday present). Took a smaller border crossing back and had to open my trunk at primary inspection and got searched at secondary. No real increase in police presence at the border though.
Just want this to be over soon. Can almost not bear to follow along this thread anymore.

"New evidence discovered Thursday at a hunting cabin – and Friday in a field – is the first major find since June 22, when police reported they found DNA evidence left behind at another cabin near Wolf Pond, about 20 miles west of the prison in Dannemore, New York.

The latest evidence, which was recovered within the boundaries of the town of Malone, New York, show the men are moving to the north-northwest through rugged terrain dotted with seasonal hunting cabins, New York State Police Maj. Charles Guess said Friday at a news briefing. "

http://www.people.com/article/escaped-killers-may-be-headed-toward-canada-say-police

I guess the question is whether the hunting cabin in paragraph one above is Willett's or if there was in fact another one in Malone. I know i saw the press republican say last night that DNA was found in ANOTHER cabin in malone, right??

The article says Mr. Willett called 911 Friday at 1:30pm. Wasn't the press conference at 1?

Alexa Green retweeted
Brian Dwyer ‏@Brian_TWCNews 7m7 minutes ago

The only police activity I've seen in #malone today. Police are staged (blocked off) south of here. #PrisonBreakNY

CIhde-jVEAATXe4.jpg

Zach Hirsch ‏@zdhirsch 47s47 seconds ago

Hard stares and big guns at a roadblock south of Malone on Route 30. Manhunt Day 22. #PrisonBreakNY

ok so we have:

1. Owl's Head, NY cabin owned by a group of CO's in a hunting lodge/group/whatever. This is where the peanut butter & DNA from both men were found with a water jug. One of the CO leasers came upon them and saw one run out the back. Bloody sock was here with boots. Owner of Belly's restaurant nearby gave a video interview that mentioned a duffel bag on the porch, haven't seen that anywhere else.

2. Willet's cabin in Malone (another CO) where he found grape gin on the counter (and I think they found the feces?)

3. The gunpowder stank cabin in Malone which they found after being called about the bullet hole in the camper where Matt was subsequently shot nearby.

4. outdoor/field location in Malone where someone bedded down and left candy wrappers.

Is that right? Ugh. Someone needs to do a cabin rundown (media).

Seeing this all in summary inspired another thought:

In all of these confirmed stories...it's always Matt that we know for sure was at all these various locations. Sweat's DNA was also found in the first cabin but noone has seen hide or hair of him. Where is he? The reports of Sweat being on the run yesterday came from all news sources. Was it ever stated at yesterday's presser after Matt was killed that Sweat was running? Where did that report come from? (And remember...at one point, there was an errant report that a shootout was in progress but that was quickly rebuffed).

So...what about the bloody sock that was found in the Owl's Head cabin last weekend? Was that residual blood because Matt had done something to Sweat (possibly murder)? Might explain why we haven't seen anything of Sweat in a while. But that couldn't be because a trail camera caught both fugitives on, what, Wednesday of this past week? Just thinking while I type.

Where is David Sweat?

CIhO2qaW8AATPqA.jpg

HLN ‏@HLNTV 40s40 seconds ago

How police are closing in on an escaped killer: http://on.hln.tv/HAxRm #PrisonBreakNY #DavidSweat #NYmanhunt

Lets hope no news is good news? It was a bit after Matt was taken out that news came out. Sure hope they are close. Nothing but time on their hands if Sweat is in there.

Skip the wedding honey, this has got to end at some point and I would hate to not have you here if the final final chapter is written today!

Get a humm, humm, bad cough and cancel or if you want to pay homage say your bowels are a bit loose and you need to stay close

Certainly do not say you wanna websluth the finale - most people have no real clue what we do here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654