NY - Seven-foot-tall head found floating in Hudson

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
null_zps21ec6acc.jpg

New clue in mystery of giant floating head (yahoo.com)
---
Yesterday a tipster sent us a 2004 article featuring this creepy headline: "The Head keeps watch from hill in Meredith." It told the story of a New Jersey couple, Louis and Kimberly Moses, who bought an 8-foot fiberglass sculpture from a junkyard and placed it on the hill of their new Meredith, NY property (which is not exactly close to the Hudson). "The Head" (as they call it) was originally crafted as a display piece for Saks Fifth Avenue in New York City.
---
more at the link

The head in the 2004 article "is an 8-foot-high, 300-pound sculpture made of fiberglass over foam..." http://old.thedailystar.com/news/stories/2004/09/02/head.html

If said head is indeed our Hudson 7ft Floating Head head, then the poor little guy has lost a foot; oh, the poignancy. :(

Also, a commentator on the '04 article said the head was styrofoaming at the mouth. :(

I am so glad our noggin has reared it's head in the news again!

I was out of my head worrying that we would never see hide not tail of him again...

(though I guess we never did see hide nor tail of him before, either... If you get my "drift")

:skip:

The head in the 2004 article "is an 8-foot-high, 300-pound sculpture made of fiberglass over foam..." http://old.thedailystar.com/news/stories/2004/09/02/head.html

If said head is indeed our Hudson 7ft Floating Head head, then the poor little guy has lost a foot; oh, the poignancy. :(

Also, a commentator on the '04 article said the head was styrofoaming at the mouth. :(

Per the above article:

"Kimberly Moses said the statue's name is The Head, although a lot of people think it looks like Sylvester Stallone."

AP990734329669.jpg images.jpeg

You be da' judge.... :D

I am so glad our noggin has reared it's head in the news again!

I was out of my head worrying that we would never see hide not tail of him again...

(though I guess we never did see hide nor tail of him before, either... If you get my "drift")

:skip:

Well, godot (or whiffledo or wifeygooddot or chunky munkey or brian or whichever of his multiple personalities has emerged today) may just be heading towards the coveted websleuths "many many posts on an irrelevant topic" coat-of-arms award!

:crossfingers::winner::party::up:

Well, godot (or whiffledo or wifeygooddot or chunky munkey or brian or whichever of his multiple personalities has emerged today) may just be heading towards the coveted websleuths "many many posts on an irrelevant topic" coat-of-arms award!

:crossfingers::winner::party::up:

Careful or (mumble) Godot might get a big head!

Big-Head.jpg

Wtf godot ;) that went right over my head!
Gertrude Stein, in 'Sacred Emily': "Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose."

Juliet, in 'R&J': "That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

Gertrude Stein, in 'Sacred Emily': "Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose."

Juliet, in 'R&J': "That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

pea.jpg

Doh! What a pea brain I am! LMH(ead)O!

peabrain.png

I'd like to take credit for the cunning combination but in all honesty, I just mangled that quote! ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MZ_Iwin
Back