GUILTY NY - Shanta Myers, 36, Brandi Mells, 22, & 2 kids slain, Troy, 26 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just read this on a new site. So tragic. I would believe it’s an ex of one of the women . The tying up is bit strange. Unless they wanted it to look like a burglary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tying up? Can you point me to that? I didn't see that anywhere.

That house must have well insulated walls. 5 separate apartments, and yet police don't know when they were killed? Someone must have missed them on Christmas. Sad.

I didn't see the article mentioning they were tied up. Is there a link to that?

I have deleted what I posted until I can find the news source. Don’t wish to go against rules.

Well, this is SPECULATION, but I would look at the father of the children. Perhaps he is upset that 1) he was replaced and 2) he was replaced by a female.

This is just my first hunch on the case, not fact.

jmo

You are not alone, that was my first thought too.

“Four people found slain inside an upstate New York apartment house the day after Christmas have been identified as two young siblings, their mother and the woman's lesbian partner, in what police are calling a savage targeted attack the likes of which they have not seen before.

Troy police Chief John Tedesco said at a Wednesday press conference the victims were a 36-year-old woman, her 5-year-old daughter, her 11-year-old son and a 22-year-old woman who had a relationship with the mother.

Tedesco told reporters a property manager found the bodies on Tuesday afternoon after being asked to check on the welfare of the residents of the basement apartment, one of five in a house located in the city’s Lansingburgh section.
Tedesco noted the slayings were not a random act of violence and characterized the quadruple homicide as the worst he has seen in 42 years in law enforcement.

'I can’t describe the savagery of a person [who would do this],' he said. 'I don’t have the word... only a person of savagery would do something like this.'
Investigators have not released the victims’ names or say how they were killed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-clues-quadruple-homicide.html#ixzz52Va6v3oe

It might be my fibro, or the cold meds I took...but didn't I see their names released? Any SM for either of the adult victims?

911 Dispatcher: “Our caller reports three people with their hands behind their backs not breathing.”

UPDATE: Two women, two children found dead in basement

Horrific.

Also from the link:

"Tedesco did not release the identities of the victims pending family notification...

Tedesco said the women were in a relationship with one another and lived with the children in the basement apartment. He refused to release the cause and manner of death, possible motive, or a weapon used."

911 Dispatcher: “Our caller reports three people with their hands behind their backs not breathing.”

UPDATE: Two women, two children found dead in basement
Also from the link:
http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/news/update-two-women-two-children-found-dead-in-basement/889492348
“We feel that someone who commits a crime of this magnitude is capable of anything, but we do not believe it was a random act,” Tedesco said. “We do not believe there is any imminent danger to the community.”

While police called it an isolated incident, some in the community did not agree that the threat of violence had disappeared.
“Until they catch whoever did it then there are certainly reasons to be fearful,” Robinson Sr. said. “We don’t know who did it.”

Horrific.

Also from the link:

"Tedesco did not release the identities of the victims pending family notification...

Tedesco said the women were in a relationship with one another and lived with the children in the basement apartment. He refused to release the cause and manner of death, possible motive, or a weapon used."

Three? So the 4th was not immediately visible to the caller I guess.

Via FB, i believe the family is notified. I expect names will be forthcoming.

This is a terrible tragedy.

CP24 news (I've got the news on the TV) just reported all four had their hands tied behind their backs.

JMO
From the articles it sounds like the killings were especially brutal. I am afraid when more details come out it will be hard to handle.

"“The brutal, horrific nature of the crime suggests that this is someone who is psychopathic at the very least,” he added."

https://nypost.com/2017/12/27/lesbian-couple-2-kids-found-killed-in-basement-apartment/

RSBM

Is it possible one or both of the women had ex-partners (male or female) who felt betrayed ?
As in someone who wanted them to suffer terribly ?
So sad. I hate to think what those children saw or endured, as well.
Rest in peace to the victims !

Scary. Whenever you hear a seasoned LEO say it’s the worst that they’ve seen (and they aren’t in the middle of nowhere USA especially), it implies just how bad it must be. I’ve found that generally LE tries to if anything play down the grisly nature of the crimes, not sensationalize so I’m sickened to even imagine what must have occurred, and to call the person psychopathic is saying something. Those poor babies. The fact that they were tied up doesn’t bode well for this having been over quickly, IMO. I do wonder why they seem so certain that it’s a very targeted crime...hoping they catch this person ASAP. My guess would be a jilted spouse/ex. Poor sweet little ones [emoji17]

Someone might not have been able/allowed to spend time with or see the children at all on Cnristmas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey
Back