GUILTY NY - Shanta Myers, 36, Brandi Mells, 22, & 2 kids slain, Troy, 26 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder what time this all started. Perhaps they were asleep and the killer got them up one by one, tied them up so nobody could get away while the next one was woken up. Can you imagine the horror of watching your children being tied up and you're helpless to do anything? Or walking into them being tied up and can't do anything to help/save them?

I can’t even imagine....it hurts so much to think about it. And the thought of having to watch others die first, especially your kids & you can’t help them, and knowing your turn is coming.....awful, awful torture. They might have been gagged now that my mind is picturing the crime occurring. I hate these horrid crimes.....they make me so very sad.

A bit confusing to me that they have not released the names . The family of the mother have been posting. Did not sleuth them. Popped up in comments of a news article. I’m guessing her partners family not all been informed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you share the article you were reading? :)

This is confusing....did the older son live with them?

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Cops-search-for-clues-homicide-scene-in-Troy-12456933.php

Robinson said an older son was not home when the killings occurred, but wouldn’t reveal his name. Police said they don’t believe there were any other people living in the apartment other than the victims.
FWIW I really hope this does not turn out to be a sibling that is responsible. Like Malik Murphy in CO October 2017. His siblings were 5 and 7. Heartbreaking. JMO

FWIW I really hope this does not turn out to be a sibling that is responsible. Like Malik Murphy in CO October 2017. His siblings were 5 and 7. Heartbreaking. JMO

Me too. I feel like I'm holding my breath waiting for news.

This could be a hate crime. It's not what I really think at this time, but keeping my mind open to the possibility. Maybe someone living in the building was enraged by this lesbian relationship, the age difference, and raising children in it.
Looks like there are 6 units in the building.

Hope the older son didn't do this monstrous act. We had a case not long ago where it was the brother/cousin who murdered two girls.

My first thought as well.

Curious as to if they think they were targeted could be that zip ties were used. Meaning the unsub planned and brought the items to tie them up.

I may be reading too much into this but just wondering if maybe the pastor was talking to someone specifically.

"Addressing the killer or killers, Robinson offered a simple message: "Come forward.""

""We'll try as hard as we can to understand, even though there is no justification for it," he said. "Give yourself up. How can you live with yourself doing something like this?""

http://www.syracuse.com/state/index...red_for_tips_on_troys_quadruple_homicide.html

That makes me think about the "older son" even more...

Ive been researching the neighborhood to try to get some sort of clue about this crime.

All articles I have found say it is a pretty diverse neighborhood. Until we find out the victims names I dont think any of this helps much. It was just interesting to learn about the community where this happened. Sounds like a nice neighborhood overlooking the river. Some beautiful views of the river from some places there.

Some interesting statistics I have found in one link.

"Did you know that the Lansingburgh neighborhood has more Irish and French ancestry people living in it than nearly any neighborhood in America? It's true! In fact, 27.2% of this neighborhood's residents have Irish ancestry and 7.6% have French ancestry." "In the Lansingburgh neighborhood in Troy, NY, residents most commonly identify their ethnicity or ancestry as Irish (27.2%). There are also a number of people of Italian ancestry (15.4%), and residents who report German roots (8.8%), and some of the residents are also of Polish ancestry (8.5%), along with some French ancestry residents (7.6%), among others."

"NeighborhoodScout's exclusive analysis reveals that the Lansingburgh neighborhood has more single mother households than 98.4% of the neighborhoods in the U.S. Often high concentrations of single mother homes can be a strong indicator of family and social issues such as poverty, high rates of school dropouts, crime, and other societal problems."

"These are some of the hallmarks of neighborhoods with lots of small 2, 3, and 4 unit apartment buildings. The Lansingburgh neighborhood really stands out in this regard, however, as it is dominated by such small apartment buildings more than nearly any other neighborhood in America"

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ny/troy/lansingburgh

Hey OBE....I totally agree with everything you said.....your insight is always appreciated and invaluable.

I think the case u are referring to above is the Harvey family murders in Virginia, another horrific case that chilled me to the bone. I remember how unusual home invasions/family murders were at the time. Now, sadly, they have become a common occurrence.

Here is the thread on the Harvey family if anyone would like to read up on it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...in-Richmond-1-Jan-2006&highlight=Bryan+Harvey

Yes, the Harveys...such a tragic case here in Richmond. Never met them, but we regularly visited World of Mirth prior to their murders & still do

Lansingburgh

Commonly referred to as "Lansingbronx", Lansingburgh is the name of the neighborhood that predominantly makes up the northern end of Troy, NY. Once a safe, family friendly neighborhood, Lansingburgh has become home to many of Troy's lowest common denominators. The high school is a breeding ground for crime and the senseless muggings and beatings take place on a seemingly daily basis. Most of the population is looking for trouble at any given time and making life increasingly difficult for the hard-working everyman who is simply trying to make it by. Walking through the Burgh at night is not an advisable action, especially unarmed.

Lansingburgh used to be a petty decent place, but it's gone to hell in a hand-basket since then.

Seems their neighbourhood was a pretty rough place. Lots of unemployment and drugs. So at this point I'm not taking the idea that this one may be "drug or money related" off the table.

Seems their neighbourhood was a pretty rough place. Lots of unemployment and drugs. So at this point I'm not taking the idea that this one may be "drug or money related" off the table.

Where is this info from? Do you have a link? tia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back