NY NY - Staten Island, Mariners Marsh Park, Hisp/Male 16-22, UP77862, 2005 calendar, Jan'21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Jan 18 2021
https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/hiker-finds-human-skull-and-bones-in-staten-island-park/
staten-island-bones-92.jpg

A hiker found human remains at Mariners Marsh Park on Staten Island on January 18, 2021. Google Maps

''The hiker spotted the grisly remains Sunday morning near a fence near Richmond Terrace, according to sources.

When cops arrived, they discovered the skull and a pair of boots — one of which still had a bone sticking out, sources said. Detectives set up a crime scene and found more bones — as well as a wallet with a 2005 calendar card, a rolled-up carpet, a glove and empty bottles of alcohol, the sources added.

It was still unclear if those items were connected to the human remains, which sources say are believed to have been from a man in his late teens or early 20s.''

https://nypost.com/2021/01/18/hiker...v91L6miLUEWsP5tDdlEIQXzQPToGILXxG1YLY_10n1AcI

"A Staten Island hiker found a human skull and other bones while walking in Mariners Marsh Park, police sources said.

The hiker spotted the grisly remains Sunday morning near a fence near Richmond Terrace, according to sources.

When cops arrived, they discovered the skull and a pair of boots — one of which still had a bone sticking out, sources said. Detectives set up a crime scene and found more bones — as well as a wallet with a 2005 calendar card, a rolled-up carpet, a glove and empty bottles of alcohol, the sources added.

It was still unclear if those items were connected to the human remains, which sources say are believed to have been from a man in his late teens or early 20s."

Bones, boots and a wallet with a 2005 calendar: Cops hope M.E. sheds light on park discovery
''The area where the remains were found is undeveloped, heavily wooded and clogged with reeds taller than an adult. A fence surrounds the perimeter and a sign indicates that the property is closed to the public during an environmental investigation.''
7MDBLEMPXZAPTAHCSJOIBO6J3A.jpg

VZPGMTPGNFFLZOZP3XHL3FLHIY.jpg

''Officers found skeletal remains in Mariners Marsh Park on Sunday, Jan. 17, 2021. The police investigation continued on Tuesday when a section of the park along Richmond Terrace near Western Avenue remained roped off with caution tape. (Staten Island Advance/Maura Grunlund) Staten Island Advance/Maura Grun''

Grungster, thanks for the link!

Footwear
Uploaded: February 10, 2021
''Male
Race / EthnicityHispanic / Latino, Asian
Late Teen/Young Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years)16-22
Estimated Year of Death 2004-2006
Estimated PMI--
5' 0"-5' 4"(60-64 inches)

Date Body Found January 17, 2021
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Location Staten Island, New York
CountyRichmond County

Circumstances of Recovery The skeletonized remains of a probable Asian or Hispanic male individual were found off of Richmond Terrace, near Mariner's Marsh Park in Staten Island. A calendar in a wallet found with the individual dates to 2005.''

Clothing
Dark blue sweatshirt with "Baseball '01" on the front
White T-shirt with "All Star Cheerleader" on the front
Route 66 pants
Black sports headband
On the Body

Footwear
Black socks
Black Timberland boots
On the Body

Other
Brown wallet
Lighter
On the Body''

Last edited:
To me the boots look like they're possibly damp, brown and very well worn on the soles. You can see the brand "Timberland" on the underside of the heel that is showing . On the lateral side of the left boot towards the heel the embossing of the Timberland symbol.

Help ID Me made new appeal to identify him, plus made reconstruction of his clothes.
Direct link to their appeal - Log into Facebook

Adding some of the images here - Dark blue sweatshirt with "Baseball '01" on the front, White T-shirt with "All Star Cheerleader" on the front, Black sports headband, Brown wallet

Original
Original
Original
Original
Original

Even though calendar found with him states 2005, I really don't think those shoes, even though quality ones, were in the open elements for up to 10-15 years. I see bigger deterioration in shoes being out there just for one or two years. Just in my humple opinion.

Even though calendar found with him states 2005, I really don't think those shoes, even though quality ones, were in the open elements for up to 10-15 years. I see bigger deterioration in shoes being out there just for one or two years. Just in my humple opinion.
Could someone have placed the 2005 calendar with the body to fool investigators?
speculation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brandi72