NY NY - Staten Island, Mariners Marsh Park, Hisp/Male 16-22, UP77862, 2005 calendar, Jan'21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm intrigued by the wallet's lack of identification - I know my wallet personally contains 3 or 4 different things with my name/face on them.
I agree with you, and also others who think these materials are too well preserved to be so old.

I wonder if the wallet was actually in the pockets of the pants or just in the area of the body. The official estimate for DOD is 2004-2006. I hope that isn't based on the calender alone.

This park is on coastal northwest Staten Island and is wetlands, marshland with man-made ponds. I wonder if the area was inundated during Hurricane Sandy in 2012, and could this person be one of the missing from NY/NJ? Residential areas in Staten Island definitely had walls of water and flooding as high as one story sweep through. Many people died but I am not sure if there are missing people from that event.

Help ID Me made new appeal to identify him, plus made reconstruction of his clothes.
Direct link to their appeal - Log into Facebook

Adding some of the images here - Dark blue sweatshirt with "Baseball '01" on the front, White T-shirt with "All Star Cheerleader" on the front, Black sports headband, Brown wallet

Original
Original
I checked Staten Island high schools for school colors. Port Richmond HS is on the north shore, 7 minutes/2.3 miles from Mariners Marsh Park. Port Richmond HS 'Raiders' uniforms are primarily red & white, but sometimes they also use blue as an outlining color or inverted. Scrolling down a little on the official website there is a photo of some girls in sports shirts that are blue with red numbers that remind me of the sweatshirt:
Port Richmond High School

172530-cbde4743-02f6-48bf-8fd7-1545d55e0034.JPG

151218-89c66856-e67e-49b8-b1cc-efac07ee540a.png

The school is diverse, at 24.3% White, 30.6% Black, 7.0% Asian, and 37.8% Hispanic. (Wikipedia)

The sweatshirt is embroidered, too, so it is more expensive than just a silkscreen.

A little better luck maybe on the white t-shirt. "All Star" cheerleading is the USASF organized competitive sport. USASF was founded in 2003 and is the governing body that establishes standards, safety, etc. "Island All Starz" is a competition team on Staten Island. If the shirt is so old, 2001-2006, then that type of lettering on a simple white shirt and slightly different word (Star versus Starz) might be something they sold to raise money? or for families to wear for support? The team colors of Island All Starz appears to be black & white & silver, maybe why the shirt is simple B&W? This is not the only cheerleading team on Staten Island***. The team's studio/gym address is 15 minutes/9.8 miles from Mariners Marsh Park in the Charleston neighborhood of southwest SI. Photos of cheerleaders at their website, note the team name 'ISLAND' on their tops, and the current Mom/family t-shirts that are black with silver lettering.
https://www.islandallstarz.com/gallery

Was this individual related somehow to this cheerleading group?

(*** The team 'Staten Island Elite Cheerleaders' has the word "ELITE" on their tops. The team 'Evolution Cheer' also uses the words 'all star' but they have "EVO" on their tops. Also "Island Allstars Cheerleading, Inc." appears to be the corporate name for the "ISLAND" team, but the address was slightly different, was Industrial Loop, now on Storer Ave.)

hth

Even though calendar found with him states 2005, I really don't think those shoes, even though quality ones, were in the open elements for up to 10-15 years. I see bigger deterioration in shoes being out there just for one or two years. Just in my humple opinion.

Coul the shoes have been inside the rolled rug?! Maybe that is why they remained preserved .. I do like the little slug captured on the head in the picture of the boot ha!!

This profile for Tashman is far too tall at 6 feet and 180#, and he is very fair blue/blond, a Nordic type (not Latin or Asian). His first name is Russian and his surname has many variant spellings like Tauschman, and is often Jewish, and Arkadiy speaks Russian and English.

What about - Henry Gafforio is missing from Port Richmond in 1984, but he is the height/weight at 5'3" and 125#. The surname is very rare in the USA and seems to be Italian (which is also Latin). He was special education and may have had some features that made his skeletal remains look "Asian" such as his upper palate and teeth (per photos).

Last location at a local pub at 4:00AM, Spa Lounge, 2030 Richmond Terrace on the north shore, 2.5 miles/8 minutes straight west on Richmond Terrace to the Mariners Marsh Park.

NY - NY-Henry Gafforio, 22, Richmond County, 09 Jun 1984

Henry Gafforio - New York Missing Person Directory

Could he have been held captive for 20 years then died? Or been murdered and kept in a basement freezer? Then he was redressed in the unusual combination of specifc date local clothes from any local thrift store, with any old wallet with a 2005 calendar, all to throw off false clues? A killer might even keep the body longer after redressing in dated items to add to the confusion?

Does it say there was no ID in the wallet, or are we assuming that because he hasn't been ID'd? It's possible that there was ID but it was too deteriorated to make out.

P.S. For what it's worth, I just looked in my wallet, and tucked in the back of the second compartment I have a pocket calendar from 2013. I have no idea why it's there.

Last edited:
Published Apr 2, 2021
Human remains found in Staten Island park identified as homicide victim: police

Nearly three months later, authorities confirmed the skeletal remains were human bones.

The medical examiner also deemed the incident a homicide, police announced Friday.

The victim’s remains remain unidentified, but said the person died from blunt force trauma from a sharp object to the neck and torso, according to police.

No arrests have been made.

Human remains found in Staten Island park identified as homicide victim: police | PIX11

I believe this UP to be this missing boy. The facial features certainly match the newly released drawing. He also went missing in January, so it would make sense that he would be wearing heavier clothes like this UP was found in. And it's probably not too far off to think that this may have been his father's wallet, or picked up second-hand, since it is leather.

Edwin Sanchez
Original

UP
UPStaten-Island.jpg

I believe this UP to be this missing boy. The facial features certainly match the newly released drawing. He also went missing in January, so it would make sense that he would be wearing heavier clothes like this UP was found in. And it's probably not too far off to think that this may have been his father's wallet, or picked up second-hand, since it is leather.

Edwin Sanchez
Original

UP
UPStaten-Island.jpg
Excellent suggestion, welcome to Ws!
Noting the height of your suggested mp..
Height 5' 0" - 5' 1" (60 - 61 Inches)
Weight 110 lbs

''The UID ..Height 5' 0"-5' 4"(60-64 inches) , Estimated''
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Edwin Sanchez
Original

UP
UPStaten-Island.jpg

One thing, the estimated year this John Doe passed away is 2004 - 2006, according to his NamUs page (link below.)
(ES went missing in 2019...)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Although I also do not think the body is that recent, the estimation might just have come from the calendar. (2004 in case the person already had it in preparation, 2006 in case they still had it in their wallet.)

True, I do wonder what the PMI would be if the 2005 calendar had not been in his possession.

I have two that fit the profile, except for the distance last seen for Manuel and, while his stats fit, imo David doesn't fit the sketch well.

Manuel Quintana – The Charley Project

Manuel Quintana
Missing since: 8/04/2003
DOB: 9/20/1983 (19 when last seen)
Race: Hispanic
Height: 5'2 - 5'5 (very slightly over)
Weight: 130 -140lbs
Last Seen: leaving his home on 8/4/03 in Yuma, Arizona (other side of country but there is so little info and a big time gap)
manuel_quintana_1.jpg

Have you seen this child? David Cambray

David Cambray
Missing Since: 5/21/2006
DOB: 10/11/1989 (16 when last seen)
Race: Hispanic
Height: 5'2
Weight: 130lbs
Last Seen: in Los Angeles, California (again, other side of the country but weirder things have happened)
NCMC1190725c1.jpg

This is my first thread if ive done something wrong with the title or the post plz let me know
Unidentified Person Case (namus.gov)
Have you seen this child? John Doe 2021 (missingkids.org)
Direct Quote NCMEC

Date Found
Jan 17, 2021
Location Found
Staten Island, NY
Estimated Age
16-22
Sex- Male
Race - Unknown
Hair Color -Unknown
Eye Color-Unknown
Estimated Height
5'0" to 5'4"

On January 17, 2021 skeletal remains of an Asian or Hispanic male were discovered off Richmond Terrace, near Mariner's Marsh Park in Staten Island, New York. It's estimated he had been deceased since 2004-2006. The male is estimated to have been between 16 and 22 years old at the time of death and stood approximately 5'00"-5'04" tall. His hair color and eye color is unknown. The male was found wearing a dark blue long-sleeve sweatshirt with a logo of "Baseball '01" on the front, a white T-shirt with "Island All Star Cheerleader" on the front, Route 66 pants, a black sports headband, black socks, and black Timberland boots. A lighter and brown wallet containing a 2005 calendar was also found with the male. Images displayed were created by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and were digitally enhanced to aide in visual identification and may not reflect the original item.

The Images attached are from MCMEC and NAMUS

Attachments

• 77862_144660.png
    77862_144660.png
    624 KB · Views: 17
  • 77862_143744.jpg
    77862_143744.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 77862_145680.jpg
    77862_145680.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 18
  • NCMU1413033x2.jpg