NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the interview went very well, hoping and praying Sylvia keeps getting more attention.

I thought the interview went very well, hoping and praying Sylvia keeps getting more attention.

The interview was awesome! I got all choked up.....Praying that there will answers.

I want to know if the fiancé knew anyone in the police department or had family members who were connected to the department (or maybe involved in local politics)? It's really, really weird how suddenly the police dropped the case, told Mr. Lowoski not to talk to the fiancé and how insistent they were that Sylvia was a runaway despite the circumstances suggesting the complete opposite. There's something about the police response to Sylvia's disappearance that doesn't sit right with me.

Anyway, I was looking at NAMUS and found an UID that seems to line up with Sylvia Lowoski's stats, based on the limited info on its NAMUS page.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/887
Sex is consistent, Lowoski's age is within range, height is consistent, estimated year of death seems to be within range, and the skeleton was found in 1993 about 16.5 miles from Staten Island (33 minutes). The clothing is not a match, though.

I want to know if the fiancé knew anyone in the police department or had family members who were connected to the department (or maybe involved in local politics)? It's really, really weird how suddenly the police dropped the case, told Mr. Lowoski not to talk to the fiancé and how insistent they were that Sylvia was a runaway despite the circumstances suggesting the complete opposite. There's something about the police response to Sylvia's disappearance that doesn't sit right with me.

Anyway, I was looking at NAMUS and found an UID that seems to line up with Sylvia Lowoski's stats, based on the limited info on its NAMUS page.

Sex is consistent, Lowoski's age is within range, height is consistent, estimated year of death seems to be within range, and the skeleton was found in 1993 about 16.5 miles from Staten Island (33 minutes). The clothing is not a match, though.

Hi, Migmuu -- welcome to the thread. You're right, physically it does seem close, and found in Brooklyn -- very nearby!

Besides the clothing not matching, our VIs have said SL had no cavities, and this UID had fillings in her teeth and marks where orthodontics were.

I went through the report and when it came to the bra make and size it was definitely not a match....We can rule that one out.

I can't say for sure about there being a relative or friend in the PD but when I called several days later to see if BF/F has heard from her I was told to not call again. His mother was having a breakdown about it. I still think MOO, mother knew what really happened to SL. It would be interesting if there were a connection to LE or politics.

Just listened to the radio show

Sylvia's brother did a fantastic interview

Today, more people know about Sylvia's dosappearance ... Thank you

I don't want to go there but I can see how it could be speculated, especially if she were really depressed. But nothing out of the day to day anxiety, especially since we were shopping the sales racks. Never enough time for that. I think it was the end of the season sidewalk sales coupled with the BTS shoppers. I can remember the mall being packed and parking in no-mans-land.

Hi, MMQC: Do you remember if she bought anything?

Does the report say if she was wearing heels or flat shoes?

MMQC - Did BF/F have a brother that also played in a band? Also, was his mother's name Dolores who had a brother named Robert?

Skeet, maybe this is what you are thinking of? I think this "brother" is the brother of the boy MMQC gave the ride to. I know the pronouns make it confusing here and in the timeline, but I think that's what's going on. MB MMQC can weigh in.

Partial post 910 by MMQC but BBM:

... To this point NO NAMES were mentioned. He turned to me and said right into my face BF/F's name. I froze. I had just admitted to him what I thought happened to SL. He then said his Brother had a Band and that BF/F played drums in brother's band and played at his wedding. He then said no so about ring. That BF/F had ring. ...

She was out of sorts a bit but nothing that I would have worried about.
She was going home to get ready for a date. Anxious to be showered and ready by the time he got there to pick her up. We were running late. End of summer sales!

BBM: MMQC, what did she say or do that made you think this?

somone posted something about another case and remember reading that it said that Lennon now lived in...... and I reciently found out where BF/F NOW lives and it's the same town/city

MMQC, was this post on SL's thread or another you WS case thread that you are viewing? I remember something like this in thread 2 but with Det. Savage, not Lennon. Is there any chance that's what you're thinking of? (T2, Post 142)

I also enjoyed the broadcast. Thanks for making it happen, Gajonka and ASWDeerHunter!

It did answer some of our Qs about the cold case investigation: It seems a few people looked into it at ASWDeerHunter's prompting, but that it has not actually been "investigated."

Skeet, maybe this is what you are thinking of? I think this "brother" is the brother of the boy MMQC gave the ride to. I know the pronouns make it confusing here and in the timeline, but I think that's what's going on. MB MMQC can weigh in.

Partial post 910 by MMQC but BBM:

Yes, it was the brother of the person I gave the ride to.

Tricia and Sylvia’s brother brought a voice to her mysterious disappearance last night, perhaps for the first time. --I too hope that it will spur further media attention, a more in depth investigation. –I felt most saddened that no meaningful conversation between Sylvia’s fiancé and her family ever happened in all these years. I sense how complex it truly is, but the circumstances of her disappearance leave so many questions unanswered, and a lifetime of uncertainty for those left behind. -That was a powerful piece that came through on the radio program last night.

-To have her best friend from childhood here has given a voice to Sylvia, perhaps for the first time since she disappeared. What would we know about the beautiful Sylvia without her best friend advocating for her?

It is my hope that someone from Wagner, her sorority, and the band might find their way here to this thread, someday. Many answers may possibly be found in her intellectual life, musical life, philosophical and literary life. College years define and fine tune the power of the intellect in all its glory, and who we are - she was a disciplined student with many achievements.

-As far as taking NYPD to task for their lack of investigation in 1975 – perhaps the cold case squad would indeed be open minded about an independent panel of LE, investigators, colleagues, like The Vidocq Society, to review her case. (IMO) -In the eyes of their (LE) equals could something overlooked, something covered up, something never pursued to begin with, or something known but unknown to her loved ones have the chance to surface? If the family was powerless to obtain answers in 1975, what would change that now, what are options now, 38 years later?

-The value of Websleuths is evident in its capacity to bring a cold case to light. –Many of us posting on this thread these past couple of months are the same, or near Sylvia’s age, grew up in the same era, and in the metro area. The circle has definitely widened in bringing awareness to Sylvia and my hope is that it will continue to gather strength.

We were running late and she got a puss on because she would have to rush for her date.

First of all, I love that expression, and use it all the time! Secondly, that is helpful to know, since it indicates that her mood was nowhere near the level of suicidal thinking, then.

Tricia and Sylvia’s brother brought a voice to her mysterious disappearance last night, perhaps for the first time. --I too hope that it will spur further media attention, a more in depth investigation. –I felt most saddened that no meaningful conversation between Sylvia’s fiancé and her family ever happened in all these years. I sense how complex it truly is, but the circumstances of her disappearance leave so many questions unanswered, and a lifetime of uncertainty for those left behind. -That was a powerful piece that came through on the radio program last night.

-To have her best friend from childhood here has given a voice to Sylvia, perhaps for the first time since she disappeared. What would we know about the beautiful Sylvia without her best friend advocating for her?

It is my hope that someone from Wagner, her sorority, and the band might find their way here to this thread, someday. Many answers may possibly be found in her intellectual life, musical life, philosophical and literary life. College years define and fine tune the power of the intellect in all its glory, and who we are - she was a disciplined student with many achievements.

-As far as taking NYPD to task for their lack of investigation in 1975 – perhaps the cold case squad would indeed be open minded about an independent panel of LE, investigators, colleagues, like The Vidocq Society, to review her case. (IMO) -In the eyes of their (LE) equals could something overlooked, something covered up, something never pursued to begin with, or something known but unknown to her loved ones have the chance to surface? If the family was powerless to obtain answers in 1975, what would change that now, what are options now, 38 years later?

-The value of Websleuths is evident in its capacity to bring a cold case to light. –Many of us posting on this thread these past couple of months are the same, or near Sylvia’s age, grew up in the same era, and in the metro area. The circle has definitely widened in bringing awareness to Sylvia and my hope is that it will continue to gather strength.

Thanks rosemadderlake for your post. We would all like a conclusion to this. Even that we know in our hearts what we think happened. Some day we will wonder no more.

Thanks rosemadderlake for your post. We would all like a conclusion to this. Even that we know in our hearts what we think happened. Some day we will wonder no more.

bbm ...I think so, too...

--Thinking about some ‘Nature Abhors a Vacuum ‘, thoughts today...

We don’t know why the BF/F wasn’t at the pool party, or how SL felt about that. Was it a big deal? --Or, ok fine, no big deal… Either way, was there someone at the pool party that is a part of the vacuum / equation? And if so, is it a motive for murder, or the person / place she went to on the night she disappeared?

I can understand the “will not handle” on the PR initially. What I have trouble with is when it became clear that “Sylvia, the runaway” was not coming home, why wasn’t there a sympathetic detective who understood what “no answers” would be doing to her family? So, where are they now in the case? The Cold Case Squad may have spent time on the case (jmoose post with Stacy Horn, The Restless Sleep). Was Wagner College contacted? -The list of everyone at the pool party? -Someone else? -There must be a clue, by now. –A couple of theories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18