NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do you think Eva found out what the fight was about from Sylvia's fiance? Her brother didn't seem to know what the fight was about; at least he didn't tell me when I asked him

Yes...they know.

^^ RBBM

Sylvia's glasses being broken was only SPECULATION on this board that somehow rapidly became fact. There are no facts included in the police report or even from her brother that SL's glasses were broken or the lenses shattered, only that her BF/F said she tossed/threw them against or on the dashboard when she ran from the vehicle.

Also, after threads of speculation on her much needed glasses and how she prob could barely see without them, I believe her best friend finally said her glasses were for reading!!

Yes, only hearsay and only speculation...

No verifiable evidence as to fiancé vehicle searched, or LE returning broken glasses to the family...

After all these years, I think the glasses story is a ruse, imo...

It was nothing at all, just a FU, and she exited the car, or maybe she threw her engagement ring? If breaking up, throwing or giving the ring back would have been much more common in my 70's era... jmo

Yes, only hearsay and only speculation...

No verifiable evidence as to fiancé vehicle searched, or LE returning broken glasses to the family...

After all these years, I think the glasses story is a ruse, imo...

It was nothing at all, just a FU, and she exited the car, or maybe she threw her engagement ring? If breaking up, throwing or giving the ring back would have been much more common in my 70's era... jmo

Rose-can you explain why you think the glasses are a ruse, in your opinion?

Sometimes when I come here to read and post, I see that we have a guest reading our posts; I imagine that it could be Sylvia's fiance's lawyer, looking for a legal argument against his guilt in her disappearance
No body murder cases are difficult to prosecute, but I think he'll be charged eventually. The fact the she had had an abortion might lose her sone sympathy from some jurors, but in New York, I don't think that would be enough of a factor to interfere with a conviction.

No body murder cases are difficult to prosecute, but I think he'll be charged eventually. The fact the she had had an abortion might lose her sone sympathy from some jurors, but in New York, I don't think that would be enough of a factor to interfere with a conviction.

I’m afraid I have to disagree re: eventual charges for the fiance, as things currently stand. Since there’s no body, we all can assume that many possibilities exist for Sylvia’s disappearance (regardless of what we may think happened). If she is ever found, then that could change things quite a bit

Rose-can you explain why you think the glasses are a ruse, in your opinion?

I think she threw the ring. I think he panicked. The throwing of the glasses against the dashboard sounds like a made up scenario. To cover for something.
-Just jmo.

Thing is, I don't believe it is some wild murder and cover up either because who would do that and run around to girlfriend, and even parents that same night? It would take some kind of crazed person to do that.

That said, we don't know people. But I think after four or so threads there is something in Sylvia's disappearance that is a lie. And, I am thinking the glasses never added up. So, what is it?

Maybe that night was a reunion? Trouble in paradise? Let's go work it out? He wasn't there for party a week before. She lashed out at her dad.

Getting ready at the mall with Best GF...

It didn't work out, but everyone knew they were in edge?

Big fight, he went over the edge, she fled, or worse, and he panicked.

His running to her GF and parents that night indicates panic. Why???

Rose-See, I think that the story about her throwing the glasses was a lie, too-but I think it’s because the glasses actually were broken; just not in that way. I’m just wondering why he wouldn’t just say that she also threw the ring, if he, in fact, had it? His trip back to the house led Sylvia’s parents to believe that she still had the ring in her possession-so either he never got the ring and he is innocent in her disappearance, or he got the ring back and he is lying. I do think he came back in a panic, to MMQC’s house, as well as Sylvia’s parents’ house. I can understand why he returned to the Lwowski house; he left with her, and knew he had to explain why he didn’t bring her home. Going to MMQC’s house, though-that wasn’t necessary, so why did he do it?

Bumping...again. Sylvia, where are you?

Lovin' you Sylvia Lwowski, where ever you are, I promise you, we love you.
Here's one of my favorites...

Day um, I can't display the video of this song... (???)
So here are the lyrics to Chrissie Hynde's beautiful song. I think of all the lost souls, and especially Sylvia when I hear this Pretenders' song over the holidays...
It feels like Christmas time...

LYRICS
He's gone two thousand miles
It's very far
The snow is falling down
Gets colder day by day
I miss you
The children will sing
He'll be back at Christmas time
In these frozen and silent nights
Sometimes in a dream you appear
Outside under the purple sky
Diamonds in the snow sparkle
Our hearts were singing
It felt like Christmas time
Two thousand miles
Is very far through the snow
I'll think of you
Wherever you go
He's gone two thousand miles
It's very far
The snow is falling down
Gets colder day by day
I miss you
I can hear people singing
It must be Christmas time
I hear people singing
It must be Christmas time
Songwriters: Christine Hynde
2000 Miles lyrics © EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1SkWIqQ3oLY

Happy New Year to all here-and hoping that this year is the year that we find out what happened to the lovely Sylvia.

Happy New Year. I'm writing to respond to an earlier post related regarding the place where possible remains could have been taken in New York. City In 1995, a family member drowned in Staten Island. We had to identify him at the morgue in Brooklyn. At that time, there was no Medical Examiner on Staten Island. It could be the same case prior to 1995.

Hi Galillian,
Welcome. I am so sorry about your family member.

I too wonder about this because IIRC while Sylvia's family was in touch with LE for a while, and they had also hired a PI to check all hospitals, morgues and transportation hubs, etc. There was a very long period of time between her disappearance in '75, and when the Cold Case Squad reviewed her case in 2010, entered DNA and stats on NaMus. One hopes that if her body had been found in any of the NYC boroughs it would have been cross checked to the missing in all boroughs? But we have wondered, especially as this was before everyone was up online...

We have checked through the unidentified have had several cases compared and ruled out.

Happy New Year. I'm writing to respond to an earlier post related regarding the place where possible remains could have been taken in New York. City In 1995, a family member drowned in Staten Island. We had to identify him at the morgue in Brooklyn. At that time, there was no Medical Examiner on Staten Island. It could be the same case prior to 1995.

I have often wondered if her remains could have been found, taken to another place in the city and either misidentified or unidentified...then interred at Hart Island. I contacted Sylvia’s brother to run this past him and he told me that he’d already considered this possibility and had been in touch with people at The Hart Island cemetery. Without any remains, there are so many possibilities. Without a medical examiner on Staten Island, and with so much crime to occupy the time of the police in the ‘70s, I could see this happening pretty easily. At the same time, I struggle with the seeming carelessness that would make this possible.

I’ve just been reading a book about the murder of Gail Katz Bierenbaum, whose body has never been found. Actually, a torso was found, identified as hers, and then buried under her headstone. This was before definitive dna testing was routinely used. Years later, the body was exhumed and it was discovered that the body couldn’t possibly be hers, and subsequently buried at Hart Island. My point is, I think this happened more often than we can know, and reinforces my opinion that this could have happened to Sylvia. And, of course, renders it impossible to ever know what happened to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds
Back