SOLVED NY - Tala Farea, 16, Rotana Farea, 22, Hudson River, 24 Oct 2018- COD released: suicide/drowning

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Kid Dropsy

Former Member
Reaction score
Bodies of two women that were bound together with duct tape are found in New York's Hudson River
  • A passerby called 911 around 3pm on Wednesday after they spotted the bodies
  • Police said both women were fully clothed and both were even wearing coats
  • Neither body showed signs of trauma and the cause of death remains unknown
The bodies of two women who were bound together by duct tape washed up from New York's Hudson River on Wednesday.

Authorities received a 911 call at 2.40pm from a passerby who spotted the two bodies in the river off by Riverside Park in the city's Upper West Side neighborhood.

Police said both women were fully clothed. Neither body showed sign of trauma.

A law enforcement source told DailyMail.com that both women were in their late teens or early twenties.
+

Thanks for the report and the thread, @Kid Dropsy!
And a bit belated,
Welcome to Websleuths, Kid Dropsy!!
=========
Suicide?? No, and h*ll no. Where is the person who taped them together and threw them in the river, NYPD? SMH
Robbery and drowning, maybe?
Assault and asphyxiation, perhaps?
Drug OD and survivor(s) got paranoid, possibly?
Gang ritual, could it be?
Jealous husband or partner, hmmm?
Check your Missing Persons reports.

This one is a tad weird...

They might have managed this from a raft or floating device; duct tape one another, then slip into the water.
Yes, it could be possible. If one person's hand(s) was(were) free, that would make it look at least possible, but if all hands and arms were solidly taped to their bodies, it would be impossible unless they had help. Some type of awful suicide pact, perhaps. What one won't do, two might. If so, I would suspect teenagers.

And a belated

Welcome to Websleuths, lantern sky!!

I can't really figure out the logistics of duct taping oneself to another but it doesn't mean their wrists were bound, it just means they were stuck together. It could just be around the torso or legs. If a suicide pact this might be a failsafe implemented by the more determined party so that the hesitant individual can't bail at the last minute.

The big question for me is whether this matches up with any recent missing persons. And if not, any missing persons at all. It'd be unusual (not improbable, but unusual) to find two young women who are so far removed from family and friends that nobody would report either of them missing. And it'd be unusual if they'd been missing for more than a few weeks and only turned up now, because it'd suggest they had been alive but unaccounted for quite some time before making the decision to end their lives together. If they'd died earlier than that, I don't think that purported law enforcement source would be able to identify their age range so confidently.

Police sources told CBS2 they were leaning toward the women’s death being some sort of suicide pact. The sources believes the women may have jumped from the George Washington Bridge, with their bodies eventually making their way down river

Bodies Of 2 Women Bound With Duct Tape Found Near Riverside Park
The bridge fall is so devastating to a body that they would know almost immediately if they had that sort of fall. So, if sources are stating this, then it is probably the case. If they each jumped without being taped together, they would not have been found together so maybe that was the plan: ensure they were each found or neither found.

After arriving on the scene, police discovered the women lying face to face with duct tape around their waists, a police source tells People. Their feet were also duct taped but not to each other.

ABC7 reported that the victims were in their late teens or early 20s.

New York Daily News reported that the women were both dressed in black leggings with one wearing a bomber jacket and the other a grey hooded jacket.

Bodies of 2 Women Bound Together with Duct Tape Found Washed Up on the Rocks of the Hudson River

Lesbian death pact perhaps.

Sketch of both girls/women in this article. Suicide pact? What in the world?

Sketches show women whose duct taped bodies washed up

Sad story. The women look like they may be related in the sketches IMO. The article says that they were bound at the waist and feet which makes it more feasible they may have applied the tape themselves, although I'm not totally convinced.

A police source tells Eyewitness News the bodies were bound together with duct tape, with tape around their waists and feet, facing each other.

Sad story. The women look like they may be related in the sketches IMO. The article says that they were bound at the waist and feet which makes it more feasible they may have applied the tape themselves, although I'm not totally convinced.

A police source tells Eyewitness News the bodies were bound together with duct tape, with tape around their waists and feet, facing each other.

I try to imagine a scenario where two young women would go to a jumping off place (with LOTS of duct tape) and stand there and wrap tape around each other's legs first, then stand and wrap tape around their waists. Why didn't they wrap tape around their mouths or their wrists? If it wasn't suicide, why didn't perp wrap their mouths/wrists? Just so puzzling the way things happen in some of these sad, sad stories. Perhaps they left a note wherever they lived. Once LE figures out who they are, they can search their homes, etc. for a note.

Here's hoping LE can figure this out for the families of these young women. I agree that they look like they could be related.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back