SOLVED NY - Tala Farea, 16, Rotana Farea, 22, Hudson River, 24 Oct 2018- COD released: suicide/drowning

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, suicide is not where I'm leaning on this one. Actually, suicide sounds a bit ridiculous for this case, doesn't it?

I'm trying to visualize two people with duct-taped feet, connected at the waist to each other, and, don't mean to be disrespectful, but it seems more like a comedy skit than a suicide pact. Why would they do that to commit suicide? It would be really difficult to get over the railing of a bridge without moving their feet.

I'm trying to visualize two people with duct-taped feet, connected at the waist to each other, and, don't mean to be disrespectful, but it seems more like a comedy skit than a suicide pact. Why would they do that to commit suicide? It would be really difficult to get over the railing of a bridge without moving their feet.

Thats what I was just going to say.. If their feet were duct taped.. How did they move enough to throw themselves off the bridge?? It just doesn't make sense..

Thats what I was just going to say.. If their feet were duct taped.. How did they move enough to throw themselves off the bridge?? It just doesn't make sense..

It doesn't make sense to me - were they hopping up and down until they got high enough to go head first over the railing? Suicide seems like an absurd theory.

I can't picture it either. While there are many jumpers from the bridge, it takes a determined person to get over the railing. I don't know how these young women taped themselves and then got over the railing - and to do it without being spotted by a guard, driver, etc. It would be unusual to see two people taping themselves together.

Going with the suicide theory, perhaps they entered the river at a different location. Jumped off a pier, for example, rather than the bridge.

jmo

What about a murder/suicide? One person wanted to, and took the other person with her. I could see taping someone else's feet together because you think it will prevent them from swimming (if you don't realize you will certainly die on impact and think you would be able to swim away)

Yes I find that a bit hard too because it takes time to do that and then to hop to a spot to lean over and just tip and fall off the bridge. They can't climb at that point.
Plus there has been a lot of activity on the bridge w construction . Someone would of noticed them.
Below is the link for scheduled construction of GWB
Scheduled Construction

Last edited:
I can't picture it either. While there are many jumpers from the bridge, it takes a determined person to get over the railing. I don't know how these young women taped themselves and then got over the railing - and to do it without being spotted by a guard, driver, etc. It would be unusual to see two people taping themselves together.

Going with the suicide theory, perhaps they entered the river at a different location. Jumped off a pier, for example, rather than the bridge.

jmo
That is what I have been thinking. They entered the water from a different location .

Bodies of two women that were bound together with duct tape are found in New York's Hudson River
  • A passerby called 911 around 3pm on Wednesday after they spotted the bodies
  • Police said both women were fully clothed and both were even wearing coats
  • Neither body showed signs of trauma and the cause of death remains unknown
The bodies of two women who were bound together by duct tape washed up from New York's Hudson River on Wednesday.

Authorities received a 911 call at 2.40pm from a passerby who spotted the two bodies in the river off by Riverside Park in the city's Upper West Side neighborhood.

Police said both women were fully clothed. Neither body showed sign of trauma.

A law enforcement source told DailyMail.com that both women were in their late teens or early twenties.
Bringing this +

... bringing this link forward

BBM

My impression is that they were found fairly soon after they went into the water. How far is it from the bridge to body location?

Riverside Park and which bridge?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton
Back