SOLVED NY - Tala Farea, 16, Rotana Farea, 22, Hudson River, 24 Oct 2018- COD released: suicide/drowning

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
More of these stories need to be published around the world. Something must be done to help these women escape to a country where they can live in safety. It's hard to imagine how dangerous their own family homes can be back in SA and it seems as though there's no-one they can turn to in order to escape. No-one should ever have to suffer abuse and depravity at anyone's hands let alone those we expect to protect us.
I agree. The issue is that women still need the approval and financial support of a male family member in order to leave. Without freedom of movement and financial independence I am not sure that women have many options in KSA.

I found another picture, this time showing both bodies on the rocks, in this article, but doing a yahoo search.
Two dead women bound with duct tape found in Riverside Park on the Upper West Side - NY Daily News

The photo is clearer in this link.
*****Warning in case you are squeamish, the two photo links below show the bodies. This will give you a better idea of what was found and seen on that day. They appear to be resting on the rocks in a 'cross pattern' as described in the media. But that could have been just caused by the receding waters, and their position was twisting and turning. But also note that they are not 'face to face'. The body on the bottom appears to be face down, as is the body on top.
https://www.nydailynews.com/resizer...d/turbine/ny-1540414560-pui3h7vjx8-snap-image

You can see the other body in this image after the top one was removed, from the radaronline article I have been referencing in previous posts.
https://i0.heartyhosting.com/radaro.../2018/10/two-sisters-dead-hudson-river-pp.jpg

What's really strange is that their feet have duct tape on them, but they were duct tape together. Were they duct taped to something to keep them down in the water? Or did they come apart after rigor mortis set in. And the duct tape around the waists look like perhaps one was wrapped, then without cutting the tape, the other was wrapped

It’s hard to tell but did they have shoes on or just socks??

I remember that too. I see the tape around her feet but it just looks like socks to me. Maybe I’m just looking too hard, or not hard enough.
When I first saw the image, I thought they were socks as well. If they were boots, there should be a heel, or a sole visible. But it looks pretty uniform throughout. You can see it clearer when you zoom in on the photo where the one sister's body is by itself.
Which begs the question, what happened to their shoes? Why aren't the police talking about that?
I'm rather disappointed that there hasn't been any updates on the case. While they gave a very generic cause of death as drowning, they never gave details about how long they had been in the water. That kind of information shouldn't require a toxicology report result to reveal.

Last edited:
This case will disappear without any resolution.
I agree. Without any news outlet pursuing further information, the police probably won't bother releasing anything more. I feel like things were heading that way when they were focusing on the suicide pact angle, right from the beginning. We can't assume the eyewitness report of two ladies in Riverside Park on the morning they were found, or the statements about them preferring to die than go back to Saudi Arabia, were accurate, since they weren't tested in court. All circumstantial and heresay.
We don't even know what Rotana and Tala really looked like, and I find that very strange.

I agree. Without any news outlet pursuing further information, the police probably won't bother releasing anything more. I feel like things were heading that way when they were focusing on the suicide pact angle, right from the beginning. We can't assume the eyewitness report of two ladies in Riverside Park on the morning they were found, or the statements about them preferring to die than go back to Saudi Arabia, were accurate, since they weren't tested in court. All circumstantial and heresay.
We don't even know what Rotana and Tala really looked like, and I find that very strange.
The whole entire thing has been very strange.. I think Before they died, before it made the news and before any of us ever even heard of them... it was all so strange.

More of these stories need to be published around the world. Something must be done to help these women escape to a country where they can live in safety. It's hard to imagine how dangerous their own family homes can be back in SA and it seems as though there's no-one they can turn to in order to escape. No-one should ever have to suffer abuse and depravity at anyone's hands let alone those we expect to protect us.

Saudi woman runaway held in Thailand while fleeing family

A case developing at Bangkok Airport, Thailand - a young Saudi woman pleading for intervention by human rights groups as she attempts to come to Australia.

Saudi woman runaway held in Thailand while fleeing family

A case developing at Bangkok Airport, Thailand - a young Saudi woman pleading for intervention by human rights groups as she attempts to come to Australia.

That poor young woman, I hope someone gives her asylum status. Otherwise, we won't hear from her again. She knows what she left, I wonder if she is ready for the reality of what her life will be as an asylee.

One young woman came to the U.S. with a similar situation, she didn't seem too happy.

That poor young woman, I hope someone gives her asylum status. Otherwise, we won't hear from her again. She knows what she left, I wonder if she is ready for the reality of what her life will be as an asylee.

One young woman came to the U.S. with a similar situation, she didn't seem too happy.

I wouldn't hold my breath relying on Australia to do the right thing and let her come here. I really wish I could do more for her than raise awareness locally.

I thought I read early on, their shoes were taped to their feet.
Saudi sisters found bound in N.Y.C. were seeking asylum: Report
rbbm
Their bodies were discovered washed up on the rocks of a city park on Oct. 24. Police sources told the New York Daily News the pair had been bound together and their sandals duct-taped to their feet.

But they were wearing westernized clothes, including black leggings and fur coats — a no-no in the arch-conservative desert kingdom.

saudi2-e1541096469259.jpg

Rotana, left, and Tala Farea, whose fully clothed bodies, bound together with tape and facing each other, were discovered on the banks of New York City’s Hudson River on Oct. 24, 2018. NYPD

Incredibly disappointed by Australia’s slow response. Sadly, a media outlet here framed Canada’s intervention as if this desperate teenage girl had “refused” to come here. She has more guts than any of the people who’ve let her down or abused her.

That said, what really matters is her safety. May she find somewhere to live without this fear.

Incredibly disappointed by Australia’s slow response. Sadly, a media outlet here framed Canada’s intervention as if this desperate teenage girl had “refused” to come here. She has more guts than any of the people who’ve let her down or abused her.

That said, what really matters is her safety. May she find somewhere to live without this fear.
Arrived in Toronto this morning.

[URL='https://twitter.com/CityFaizaAmin/status/1084110686974824450']
[/URL]
Teen refugee fleeing Saudi Arabia arrives in Toronto - CityNews Toronto
"Rahaf Mohammed Alqunun, 18, landed at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport on Saturday morning aboard a flight from Seoul, South Korea, a day after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced his government would accept her as a refugee.

Alqunun, wearing a hoodie emblazened with the word Canada, appeared briefly to reporters at the airport flanked by Foreign Affairs Minsiter Chrystia Freeland, who had her arm wrapped around the teen."

Saudi sisters killed themselves, says medical examiner

Medical officials have determined that two immigrant sisters from Saudi Arabia, whose bodies mysteriously washed up on the New York City waterfront in October, killed themselves.

Tala Farea, 16, and Rotana Farea, 23, “bound themselves together before descending into the Hudson River.” Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Barbara Sampson said in a statement Tuesday. The cause of death was drowning.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141
Back