SOLVED NY - Tala Farea, 16, Rotana Farea, 22, Hudson River, 24 Oct 2018- COD released: suicide/drowning

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, that waist joined thing is why I'm leaving open the possibility in my mind that these ladies had somehow heard of the practice or been exposed to the Japanese customs/religion/theatre. However, I don't think double suicide is common enough in the western world to study. JMO.

Although it does happen, it seems rare. Murder-suicide seems more common in the US, when two people are found dead. Interestingly the only recent western case examples I am finding are sisters:
Twin sisters with 'debilitating' OCD dead in apparent suicide pact
Pictured: The middle-aged twin sisters who killed themselves in suicide plot after they lost their home in 'money problems' | Daily Mail Online

These two women seem like they could be sisters, based only on their sketches. JMO.
Another thing I was wondering is that "Did they walk a distance then duct tape themselves on the bridge that is constantly busy?" Also was drowning the cause of death?"

I wonder also where this bridge idea came from, this would be be more plausible from a boat I would think..

Another thing I was wondering is that "Did they walk a distance then duct tape themselves on the bridge that is constantly busy?" Also was drowning the cause of death?"

I wonder also where this bridge idea came from, this would be be more plausible from a boat I would think..

I think it was done from the Pier near by. It's far enough out in the water that the water is deep to drown and not as high so it won't cause traumatic injuries on the bodies. And nobody hangs out there.

See the post that I posted Last Night with the map and the news video and you can see exactly what Iam referring to.

[Sorry JUST deleted]there was a hiccup on the site ir my phone and my post went up twice!:(

The only other thing I can think of besides suicide is some sort of teen dare gone wrong. Could they have been taped to a rope as well and trying to do some sort of home-made bungee jumping thing? Sounds dumb but teens do really crazy things on a dare. That's all I can think of to explain this besides suicide. Unless homicide is still on the table. Could someone have made them tape themselves up and then pushed them or threw them over the bridge? Even that seems crazy.

:confused::eek:o_O:(

I was just thinking also. People here in NYC are so desensitized to Anything Odd that even if someone saw them duct taping their feet or themselves they prob would not think twice.
I know. Geeze if I called on every Nutjob I saw ha! They would think I AM the Nutjob and believe me I have called my share of time trough the years ha!!!!!
.. soooo maybe they did jump from the bridge. The only thing that stops me is the No Traumatic injuries part..(which is why I think it's the Pier)

Iam thinking Only if someone actually saw them jump from the rails Prob someone would notice or Bother to call.

The only other thing I can think of besides suicide is some sort of teen dare gone wrong. Could they have been taped to a rope as well and trying to do some sort of home-made bungee jumping thing? Sounds dumb but teens do really crazy things on a dare. That's all I can think of to explain this besides suicide. Unless homicide is still on the table. Could someone have made them tape themselves up and then pushed them or threw them over the bridge? Even that seems crazy.

:confused::eek:o_O:(

NO It's not crazy.. have you watched all the stupid crap on YouTube people do to themselves for dares and fun and because it's cool?! I have to say my favorite is the dumbasses that set themselves on fire :eek:. So God Knows what this whole thing is.

GWB walkway. Easy access, suitable privacy.

A suicide prevention fence has been erected since that video was taken. I posted a link to a photo of the new, high fence upthread.

I just cannot envision the two of them being able to get off the bridge while duct-taped together. I suppose it's possible, but seems really hard....when you can, instead, jump off a pier.

jmo

I think it was done from the Pier near by. It's far enough out in the water that the water is deep to drown and not as high so it won't cause traumatic injuries on the bodies. And nobody hangs out there.

See the post that I posted Last Night with the map and the news video and you can see exactly what Iam referring to.
Yes, that's what I think they did. If they were duct-taped, they didn't have to jump from a high location to ensure they would drown. They just needed to enter the water in deep enough water that they couldn't stand up.

jmo

two person duck tape challenge
forward to 5:45

Only thing that pokes holes into this thoery is that I would really doubt these girls would have wanted to ruin their jackets and clothing if this was a gag..

Last edited:
Wow! That makes it an awful lot more interesting to understand where they entered the water. They were found at 2:40PM by chance. When I read "no trauma to the bodies" I'm thinking they are not bloated from floating in the water for days.

Which direction was the water flowing at2:40 this afternoon?
It's even more complicated. From what I understand, they were found under a pier. Is that right? If so, they might have been caught on some pilings or outcrops or something - and they might have been there for awhile, rather than floating in the current.

It's hard to tell, but I really think they entered the water nearby. As I mentioned upthread, somewhere around the Harlem piers at 131st Street is my guess. There is easy access to the river and pier at that location. (I mentioned upthread it was around 125th, but the area I'm thinking is a few blocks north.)

Speculation only, guesswork. jmo

Or from a pier out over deep water.

Less traffic, I would think. Are piers accessible at night out there, or are the entrances locked? Are all the piers privately owned, therefore possibly causing access to be blocked? It would also be easier and less noticeable, IMO, to tape themselves up on a pier, and access to water would be much easier as well.
This doesn't make sense to me yet. I still suspect possible foul play. If someone taped them together and threw them in the water from a pier or a boat, the result would be the same. Foul play just makes more sense to me. It will be interesting to see what LE does after hearing the autopsy details.

Yes, that's what I think they did. If they were duct-taped, they didn't have to jump from a high location to ensure they would drown. They just needed to enter the water in deep enough water that they couldn't stand up.

jmo
Perhaps they knew that from a bridge dive they would be knocked unconscious, thus avoiding the sensation of drowning. Amateur speculation.

Or from a pier out over deep water.

Less traffic, I would think. Are piers accessible at night out there, or are the entrances locked? Are all the piers privately owned, therefore possibly causing access to be blocked? It would also be easier and less noticeable, IMO, to tape themselves up on a pier, and access to water would be much easier as well.
This doesn't make sense to me yet. I still suspect possible foul play. If someone taped them together and threw them in the water from a pier or a boat, the result would be the same. Foul play just makes more sense to me. It will be interesting to see what LE does after hearing the autopsy details.
The piers are accessible in that area. The place I'm thinking of is like a fishing pier in a narrow strip of park. There is nothing stopping anyone from going out on the pier at any time, though the park likely closes in the overnight hours - but there isn't a gate that would keep anyone out.

It's just my hunch that is what they did. I think it was a suicide pact and they taped themselves while on the pier and jumped or leaned until the fell in. Maybe even they sat on the edge of whatever railing is on the pier while they taped themselves and then just slid into the water from where they sat.

I don't see how they would get over the fencing on the GWB while taped, yet I also know that NYPD knows what suicides from the bridge look like, so I do give weight to that.

Speculation only.

jmo

There's really nothing, reading the above, that two people couldn't accomplish in seconds, and not be seen. (From the pedestrian footpath over the bridge, compared to what people in cars could see of them as they hurtled by, perhaps in the dark, they could have taken hours.) They were taped together only at the waist. Their ankles were taped, but not to each other.

It would have been hugely simple to go over and down and into the water.

I can respectfully disagree with all who voice other opinions, but as for the video above - that is seriously in questionable taste. Perhaps I just don't see the humor in suicides.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton
Back