GUILTY NY - Tessa Majors, 18, Barnard College student, fatally stabbed, Manhattan, 11 Dec 2019 *13yo arrest

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Candlelight vigil remembers slain college student Tessa Majors

I wonder if the 13 year old has named the other attackers but they just can’t locate them? Someone is hiding them? Seems like they would have them in custody by now. And I wonder why they even picked up the 14 year old who they let go? Did the 13 year old name him but was lying? So many questions.

I support the police doing a thorough investigation but to put out there that Tessa was doing X or Y does not get the perpetrators caught and brought to justice. It does not matter what Tessa was doing. She was a victim of a senseless, violent crime. No one, not even a person who is engaged in illegal activity (like drinking underage or whatever), deserves to be killed.

If, in fact, the police have found that students are going to the park to buy pot, then public safety notices should be published to all students and the community.

I hope the union boss is reprimanded and not seen again in this case. The family deserves to mourn rather than having to put out statements refuting the linking of their daughter with a crime.

I wonder if the 13 year old has named the other attackers but they just can’t locate them? Someone is hiding them? Seems like they would have them in custody by now. And I wonder why they even picked up the 14 year old who they let go? Did the 13 year old name him but was lying? So many questions.

I would imagine the hope was that the 14 yo would confess and it would be easy to charge him. He had a lawyer who didn't let him speak and they just don't have the evidence, YET.

New York Post https://nypost.com/2019/12/14/second-teen-arrested-in-tessa-majors-killing-released/ :
"The NYPD investigation into the fatal mugging of Barnard College freshman Tessa Majors suffered a setback Saturday, with officials setting free one of the two young teen suspects in custody for the murder.

The 14-year-old boy, whose name is being withheld by The Post, had been the second kid arrested in the stabbing, but was sprung late Friday after the Manhattan DA’s office declined to prosecute him due to lack of evidence, law enforcement sources told The Post.

“He came in” to Morningside Heights’ 26th Precinct, said one source. “He lawyered up. They had to let him go,” the source said.

“He’s still a suspect,” another source said. “But they want more evidence. They want a stronger case.”

Last edited:
I just read about this. He is claiming she went to the park to buy marijuana. Such nonsense. Even if she was, and I don't have a clue whether that's true, she was murdered. That should be the focus. IMO

I would imagine the hope was that the 14 yo would confess and it would be easy to charge him. He had a lawyer who didn't let him speak and they just don't have the evidence, YET.

New York Post https://nypost.com/2019/12/14/second-teen-arrested-in-tessa-majors-killing-released/ :
"The NYPD investigation into the fatal mugging of Barnard College freshman Tessa Majors suffered a setback Saturday, with officials setting free one of the two young teen suspects in custody for the murder.

The 14-year-old boy, whose name is being withheld by The Post, had been the second kid arrested in the stabbing, but was sprung late Friday after the Manhattan DA’s office declined to prosecute him due to lack of evidence, law enforcement sources told The Post.

“He came in” to Morningside Heights’ 26th Precinct, said one source. “He lawyered up. They had to let him go,” the source said.

“He’s still a suspect,” another source said. “But they want more evidence. They want a stronger case.”
Ah. That makes sense.

I just read about this. He is claiming she went to the park to buy marijuana. Such nonsense. Even if she was, and I don't have a clue whether that's true, she was murdered. That should be the focus. IMO
SO inappropriate for him to say this publicly. It doesn’t matter.

And I agree with Kaen that if students are going to the park to buy weed, they should be warned and it should be addressed because it’s not safe. But it’s not Tessa’s fault she was brutally murdered even if that’s what she went to the park to do.

Grrrrrrrrr.

Now the victim blaming has started.
Shame on the NY PD.
This is unnecessary.
Tessa Majors was looking to buy weed before her murder: police union president
“Here we have a student murdered by a 13-year-old, we have a common denominator: marijuana,” said Mullins, referring to the 18-year-old Majors and one of her alleged killers, 13-year-old Zyairr Davis, whom neighbors have said smokes weed.
Police sources confirmed to The Post that they are investigating the claim that Majors was in the park to score weed, a detail that came from a college friend of the victim...."
emph. mine

With friends like that....and the police union pres. just publicizes this based on a college friend's gossip.
Unbelievable.

The killer has been publicly named and can be sleuthed.
Only him and any other perps who are arrested.

If you can brutally slaughter an innocent person, you can have your name put out there.
Regardless this ZD will be protected whilst incarcerated !

‘Little Kids’ Suspected in Fatal Stabbing of Barnard College Freshman Tessa Majors

"... Five days before 18-year-old Barnard College student Tessa Majorswas slashed to death in Morningside Park at the edge of campus, a younger teenage girl was chased into the 118 Deli one block further away.
The younger girl lost her footing as a boy who would prove to be 13 came in after her.
“He kicked her on the floor,” the woman behind the counter would recall. “Situation like that, all I know is I got to call the cops. Once I see something like that, I’m calling the cops.”
The counterwoman, who declined to give a reporter her name, made the call. She then took a cellphone photo through the deli window of the boy after he rejoined four other young teens out on Manhattan Avenue, two male, two female...."
emph. mine

The employee was probably terrified that either the teens or someone known to them would return and exact revenge.

If the police had arrested these teens -- Tessa would be alive today.
Think about that.

Eta : From the second link : No, they were most certainly NOT "Little kids".
Smh.
BBM

I agree. They should be ashamed. I’m pretty sure she’s not the first college student to smoke weed and won’t be the last. She didn’t deserve to be murdered and it’s disgusting they’re making it sound like she caused her own murder.

BBM

I agree. They should be ashamed. I’m pretty sure she’s not the first college student to smoke weed and won’t be the last. She didn’t deserve to be murdered and it’s disgusting they’re making it sound like she caused her own murder.

Hear, hear!!

Not to mention, he's already been shown a knee-jerk idiot because of the, you know, already-known details of the case.

She was not going to the park to buy marijuana from this kid, which seems to be what the idiotic claim they'd like us to believe is.

They weren't sellers. Nobody has ever said they slung drugs before. By their own admission, they went to the park and attempted to rob a man the same day before they robbed Tessa; and there's no good reason to believe they make a habit out of running a stabbing scam on their putative pot-buying customers; because then you wouldn't have any customers.

Therefore, it doesn't matter what Tessa was going to the park to do, because Tessa did nothing to bring herself into this kid's path. She certainly wouldn't have been on an assignation to buy marijuana from this punk, whose last known crime was the currently-popular "sucker punch".

[QUOTE="squareandrabbet, post: 15642998, member: 216750"

She was not going to the park to buy marijuana from this kid, which seems to be what the idiotic claim they'd like us to believe is.
[/QUOTE]
Snipped by me

Yes! Saying because this kid smokes weed and she may have been going to the park to buy weed, the common denominator in this case is weed?! Good try, but NO!

eta I do not know what happened to the format of this post. Lol.

Yes! Saying because this kid smokes weed and she may have been going to the park to buy weed, the common denominator in this case is weed?! Good try, but NO!

It was probably intended as a very inappropriately timed grandstanding jab at the mayor for his policing policies surrounding marijuana. Unfortunately, the police representative forgot there was a grieving family at home who was going to be reading this...

I am actively avoiding commenting on this thread in order to not be accused of "defending" the murder again.
BUT
Cops suggesting she had any deserving of this for going to buy weed is disgusting.

Why is this the Cop's MO. They tried to do it to Bothom Jean too.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/16/tessa...er-14-bolts-from-car-sparking-harlem-manhunt/

The 14-year-old suspected killer of Barnard College freshman Tessa Majors jumped out of a car while on his way to meet with cops on Monday, sparking a manhunt in Harlem, police sources told The Post.

The middle-schooler and an adult were headed to meet with cops on Monday, when the kid bolted out of the car, a high-ranking source told The Post.

I used to live on 109th and Morningside (Columbia Grad). I also interned at Friends of Rikers Island Academy (worked with non-violent drug offenders). I'm kind of sad nothing much has changed since I was there early 2000s.I did home visits, and once I remember asking where one of my clients brothers were, and he told me he had gone to the park to rob illegals with an AK.
For what it's worth, I was beaten and robbed, one of the guys dropped his ID at the scene (they followed me to my apt), and the NYPD were barely interested and nothing came of it. I feel so sad for her and her family. I know first hand how useless the police there can be.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marie Rowe
Back