Found Deceased NY - Tom Kelsey, 45, Katch at Venetian Shores, Lindenhurst, 7 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There doesn't seem to be much public attention on this case. Is it because it's in a largely populated city where many news stories dominate the headlines and many people go missing each month? Is it because he's a middle-age guy with no wife or kids asking about him? His friends seem to be trying their best.

If he had disappeared in a place like Portland Maine, I bet it would be in the news.

Where are you Tom?

Kelsey’s truck was outfitted with the OnStar navigation system. Officials with that company tried to locate the truck but could not, suggesting the vehicle has lost power or is in an enclosure like a garage.
Oh I don't like the sound of that. I wonder if they have talked to the people he was with that night and checked their homes and garages. Something strange happened here. His vehicle just happened to lose power when he went missing.

There doesn't seem to be much public attention on this case. Is it because it's in a largely populated city where many news stories dominate the headlines and many people go missing each month? Is it because he's a middle-age guy with no wife or kids asking about him? His friends seem to be trying their best.

If he had disappeared in a place like Portland Maine, I bet it would be in the news.

Where are you Tom?
We had three men missing in NH at the same time- two have been found- one alive, one deceased, the other still missing. Only the local news had two of them on for like 2 minutes one time only. Another young lady was just found dead after being missing for almost two years in NH- not much action in that thread on here or on social media- two times, she was on the news.

I live in NH. Believe me, NH, Maine, and Vermont are the forgotten states. Even Massachusetts doesn't get much attention in the news. None of our states get much social media attention, and even on here, threads from those states don't get much replies. I knew one of the missing from NH personally- thankfully he was found safe, and I appreciated all those who tried to help me find him with his family. If I hadn't been a member asking for help from fellow sleuthers here, I bet his thread would have gone to page 8 by the end of the day, to be forgotten.

Speaking of Maine, there's a young woman still missing two years later- her best friend has tried to get attention of the media and social media, begging LE to investigate- not one iota of help to find this woman. So, nope- Maine don't get much attention either.

Desperate search for missing Long Island man underway

RMTM3XOYRRCZDLPSLQUNS6QPXA.jpg

A desperate search is underway for a Long Island man who vanished in his SUV 10 days ago after drinks with friends.

Limo driver Thomas Kelsey, 45, had drinks with two friends July 7 at the Katch at Venetian Shores in Lyndenhurst and then drove off into the night about 10 p.m. in his cherry red Yukon XL.

Kelsey, who lives in Centereach, has not been heard from since, according to the Suffolk County Police Department. Cops conducted searches of the coastline using a helicopter and there have been volunteer searches of nearby woods, a canal, train stations and elsewhere.

“There’s video of him leaving the parking lot but apparently no other video of the vehicle,” said Kelsey’s friend James Taylor, who was one of the people the missing man had drinks with.

Taylor said Kelsey showed no signs of depression or stress. “He bought us drinks that night,” he said.

Kelsey was reported missing July 9 about 1:30 a.m.

A Suffolk County police spokeswoman said the search has thus far not yielded Kelsey or his gaudily colored car.

“You can’t hide a cherry red Yukon XL,” Taylor said. “How does something like that just disappear with no traces? There’s no video surveillance. Numerous social media posts and nobody has seen that truck. How could you miss it? The left tail light is not working.”

Taylor said Kelsey’s truck was outfitted with the OnStar navigation system. Officials with that company tried to locate the truck but could not, Taylor said, suggesting the vehicle has lost power or is in an enclosure like a garage.

Where are you Tom?
Us, his friends, want him home. There is speculation that he’s not getting media attention because there is no evidence of foul play

Last edited:
Us, his friends, want him home. There is speculation that he’s not getting media attention because there is no evidence of foul play ❤️

If that's the "speculation", and I believe you are correct, Squeekietoy, then the belief is that he is a)mentally ill and has had a psychotic break,wandering or hiding?
b)depressed and possibly a suicide victim?
c)of sound mind and body and has willingly abandoned his job, his home, his friends and his dog without notice anywhere?

Tom's age and gender work against him. I sadly suspect there HAS been foul play. Unless there's lots of info about him that we are not aware of. So frustrating.

Where are you Tom?
I wouldn't say Lindenhurst is a large city. My son lives in the next town over, and all these towns are relatively small, connected to each other by some local roads, main highways and the Long Island Railroad. Lindenhurst is the next to last stop on the Babylon line ( I ride it a lot to visit son and family). I'm assuming thew train parking lots have been searched in case he took that direction.

Also, my family are in that bay area a lot with their boat. It's not deep at all, surprisingly, and I'd think if he ran the truck into the water at some point, at least his truck would be noticed/found. All MOO. Hope some news comes soon about his being found safe.

Us, his friends, want him home. There is speculation that he’s not getting media attention because there is no evidence of foul play

I'm so sorry about your friend. You guys are doing a wonderful job trying to make people aware.

I presume that posters have been put up at LIRR stations, etc?

Where does Tom work? Or at least, what type of work is it. Is there a way that news can be spread through connections there?

Does anyone here have any ideas as to how they can broaden awareness even further?

JUL 19, 2019
Search party looking for Centereach man who vanished 2 weeks ago
[...]

Friends organized a search party at Katch, and plan on retracing possible routes he took after he left there. They plan on going door-to-door, handing out fliers, asking neighbors if they saw anything and see if anyone has any surveillance video that might help the search.

Friends say he never showed up to work the day after they last saw him, and he never returned home. His phone goes right to voicemail, and there's been no sign of his car.

"People don't just disappear. It's not like a UFO came and took him away. Something happened," says Kelsey's friend DL.

[...]

(Name changed to initials by me)

I'm so sorry about your friend. You guys are doing a wonderful job trying to make people aware.

I presume that posters have been put up at LIRR stations, etc?

Where does Tom work? Or at least, what type of work is it. Is there a way that news can be spread through connections there?

Does anyone here have any ideas as to how they can broaden awareness even further?
BBM

Desperate search for missing Long Island man underway
Limo driver Thomas Kelsey, 45, had drinks with two friends July 7 at the Katch at Venetian Shores in Lyndenhurst and then drove off into the night about 10 p.m. in his cherry red Yukon XL.

Comments are interesting on the missing page. Hinkey meter has been tripped.
which page ??????? I always trust a WSer when the hinky meter is tripped !!!!!

Also....Tom was with two friends ??? DL (IIRC) made it sound like a group was out that night at Katch…"he was buying everyone drinks all night""" Two people ? I would say "buying us drinks all night"...…….just my brain working around......

Last edited:
I know Tom personally. Over 16 years now. He’s best friends with my ex husband, he was in my wedding party. I know Tom to be an outstanding guy that never had any issues with anyone. Who just disappears into thin air without anyone seeing a thing?
Has the search included Centereach?
Maybe he made it back to his area before something happened.
Are you able to get LE to check which tower his phone last pinged?
Don't let them get away with saying they won't check because theres no evidence of foul play.
An alert already went out.
Cops do get lazy.
Sometimes they have to be pushed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member