NY - Twenty Fatality Traffic Crash, Schoharie County, 6 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shahyer Hussain had a Facebook page under the name Haris Hussain, it looks as if it has been taken down. It may have been cached?

Who is this and how is this connected to the crash?

Are reports that the limo was speeding at 60 mph true?

At first I thought maybe the driver had a heart attack or went nuts and was trying to kill everyone.

I wonder how many accidents have occurred at that same intersection? I am assuming traffic engineers, city planners have that information.

Life is so random, that those pedestrians killed, had been in that specific place, at that specific point in time. Or is it Karma?

It is so tragic and all of it was preventable if he had just remembered to react properly in this kind of situations.

It's obvious to me anyway he overreacted. I don't know if this company had training classes or not but those who do have training experts come in showing the drivers what needs to be done if this type of situation should arise.

I think that is the reason even though semi drivers have gone through this same stop sign they knew how to avoid a collision even if it meant bogging the truck down in the mud off the road. Drivers know boggy areas or sandy areas helps the truck come to a stop safely.

Many states actually have runaway ramps made of deep sand in case they burnout their brakes in high mountain and hilly areas.

Jmo

So was it a hill?

Does anyone know how steep Rte 30 is as it approaches the intersection? I’ve looked at the roads from Google Earth, but can’t tell.

I’m also curious what makes this intersection so dangerous, as some have reported. Is it steepness paired with little notice of the upcoming stop sign? It didn’t look like a dangerous intersection when I looked on Google Earth.

Can any locals enlighten us? Thanks.

Google Maps apparently has a feature that allows users to see how steep their bike ride is, which I thought might be helpful in painting a clearer picture of any potential elevation change.

As an example, I searched an address of a farm located along NY-30, and asked for directions to the Apple Barrel Store address. After clicking the "bike" icon, an elevation graph is displayed based on the route.
google-maps.png
Google Maps

I wonder how many accidents have occurred at that same intersection? I am assuming traffic engineers, city planners have that information.

Life is so random, that those pedestrians killed, had been in that specific place, at that specific point in time. Or is it Karma?

Sometimes it doesn't pay to wonder about things like that:
The Bridge of San Luis Rey

BBM

And downshifted. Even in an automatic, you can downshift to slow a vehicle. Your transmission won't like it, but considering the options...

I lost my dgson in April of 2016. I can't imagine the agony of losing four daughters.

I am so deeply sorry for your loss blue.

I can't begin to even imagine what the families are going through.

My dear first cousin lost her only daughter due to a drunk driver hittng her at the age of 30. 5 or 6 years later her 15 year old grandaughter... the daughter of her deceased child...was in a vehicle that was hit straight on by another drunk driver killing her instantly. Then about 3 years ago her 3 year old great granddaughter drowned when she was staying with her other set of grandparents.

I do know this all of these families are forever changed and it will take years and years to overcome if it ever happens at all.

Jmo

Last edited:
Deadly combination of crash site and limo company which has had four vehicles taken out of service | Daily Mail Online

The address on Prestige Limousine’s licenses goes back to the Crest Inn Suites & Cottages, a seedy motel in Gansevoort, New York, a suburb of the horse racing town, Saratoga Springs.

A woman identifying herself as the property manager told DailyMail.com: ‘I don’t even know a Shahed Hussain. The people that run this place are called Malik, and I’ve never even met them either.

‘There are certainly no limos run out of here,’ she added.

‘We’re just here to collect the money and stop the guests killing each other.'

Deadly combination of crash site and limo company which has had four vehicles taken out of service | Daily Mail Online

The address on Prestige Limousine’s licenses goes back to the Crest Inn Suites & Cottages, a seedy motel in Gansevoort, New York, a suburb of the horse racing town, Saratoga Springs.

A woman identifying herself as the property manager told DailyMail.com: ‘I don’t even know a Shahed Hussain. The people that run this place are called Malik, and I’ve never even met them either.

‘There are certainly no limos run out of here,’ she added.

‘We’re just here to collect the money and stop the guests killing each other.'

WTF? “Stop the guests killing each other”

From a previous link, Hussain put the motel on his wife’s name.

So when I put in their U.S. DOT#: 3180110 into the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website:

Safety Measurement System

I get:

Pursuant to the FAST Act of 2015, certain information previously available on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) Safety Measurement System (SMS) Website related to property carrier’s compliance and safety performance is no longer available for public display. Property carrier data available to the public includes inspection and crash data, investigation results, and measures for all public Behavior Analysis and Safety Improvement Categories (BASICs), however, the Crash Indicator and Hazardous Materials Compliance BASICs remain hidden from public view. Measures are generated directly from safety data and not based on relative comparison to other motor carriers.

All information on passenger carriers remains available to the public.

If you are a property carrier, or a passenger carrier wishing to view the non-public BASICS, you must log into view your own complete SMS results.

Complete SMS results are available to enforcement users and motor carriers that are logged into the SMS. Logged-in enforcement users can view all carrier safety data, while logged-in motor carriers can only view their own data. If you are a motor carrier and do not have login credentials, please click here for more information on how to obtain your PIN.

Google Maps apparently has a feature that allows users to see how steep their bike ride is, which I thought might be helpful in painting a clearer picture of any potential elevation change.

As an example, I searched an address of a farm located along NY-30, and asked for directions to the Apple Barrel Store address. After clicking the "bike" icon, an elevation graph is displayed based on the route.
View attachment 150100
Google Maps

Wow, you’re good!!! Thank you.

@CBS6SteveM
BREAKING: Per @NYGovCuomo The driver of the limo in the Schoharie crash didn’t have the appropriate driver’s license to be operating that limo. The limo, which is owned by Prestige Limo, failed inspection by the DMV. It wasn’t supposed to be on the road.

Major lawsuits on the way, to be sure!

Passenger Expressed Concern About Limo Shortly Before Crash Killed 20

Instead, the group obtained a stretch limousine, which was in shoddy condition, Ms. McGowan told her friend, using a profanity to describe the vehicle.

The friend, Melissa Healey, 33, who had been the maid of honor at Ms. McGowan’s wedding this past summer, shared the texts with The New York Times.

“The motor is making everyone deaf,” wrote Ms. McGowan, before Ms. Healey asked from where they rented the car.

Ms. McGowan responded that she wasn’t sure, but then added, “When we get to brewery we will all b deaf.”

They never made it.

@CBS6SteveM
BREAKING: Per @NYGovCuomo The driver of the limo in the Schoharie crash didn’t have the appropriate driver’s license to be operating that limo. The limo, which is owned by Prestige Limo, failed inspection by the DMV. It wasn’t supposed to be on the road.

That's horrible. You have people's lives in your hands everything better be safe and legal. Terrible.

Passenger Expressed Concern About Limo Shortly Before Crash Killed 20

Instead, the group obtained a stretch limousine, which was in shoddy condition, Ms. McGowan told her friend, using a profanity to describe the vehicle.

"The company which operated the vehicle, Prestige Limousine, has had vehicles inspected five times in the past five years and had four vehicles taken out of service, according to Department of Transportation records. The company had not had any crashes over the last two years, records show"

The information below reflects the content of the FMCSA management information systems as of 10/07/2018.

SAFER Web - Company Snapshot SHAHED HUSSAIN

Young couples among 20 killed in limousine crash, families say

The 2001 excursion they owned has multiple violations for an inspection that recently took place that included brake defects but nothing for the exhaust by the way. Another inspection earlier in the year had brake issues and nothing with exhaust.

Timeline: The Making of an FBI Superinformant

August 2006
After swearing to the bankruptcy court that he can’t afford to pay his debts, Hussain buys a run-down hotel in upstate New York and puts it in his wife’s name. Two years later, three guests sue Hussain for fraud after he takes prepaid reservations for rooms that are not actually available.

RSBM

Now, I'm MAD. Absolutely NO excuse for this. So, so senseless, lives wasted.

I know this rant isn't helping the families and friends. Again, my thoughts and prayers going up for all of them.

124011-f8369c40afb5e427cc45c5f7fe977603.jpg

Attachments

• brokenHeartedAngelOnGraveStone.jpg
    brokenHeartedAngelOnGraveStone.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors