NY - Twenty Fatality Traffic Crash, Schoharie County, 6 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should be able to impound the vehicle. And collect charges against the company.
They can impound a vehicle in certain cases. But the owner just pays a impound fee to get the vehicle back. Jmo

But they can't and can not indefinitely impound your vehicle because it doesn't pass inspection. Jmo

Now if they take it for expired tags. Then they still must release it once you update the tags and plus pay any impound fees. Jmo

So we still can't blame the government. Jmo

With Hussain? They might, I can't imagine they would want a trial. It will be interesting to see if his father is brought into it, since he is the actual owner of the company. Yet his son was left in charge, and his lawyer did mention that the father basically ran things. He is already pointing the finger at the "dangerous" road, as being the cause of the accident.

isn't that what defense attorneys do? point the finger elsewhere--- though from what I read, in this case i think the road was a factor, - but not the cause of the accident IMO

I don't know. I also don't know about NY State but my state will tow any unregistered or expired-registered vehicle in a driveway after a certain number of hours. First, the sheriff's dept. ticket it. They return later and if the vehicle is still there, it is towed to the impound lot.
JMO
I don't know about it being in your driveway, I've never heard of that in NY but you can be arrested for driving an unregistered vehicle. As far as inspection, they can give you a warning, a ticket, and a fine. But in this case it was not unregistered. The car was " stickered" ( whatever that means) and "ordered out of service." according to what I read. I would imagine if he was carrying passengers they would have arrested him. At any rate, the driver, and the company, knew full well the vehicle shouldn't be on the road, let alone carrying passengers. Especially 8 people above the limit. I wonder if the weight had something to do with it as well. Jmo

isn't that what defense attorneys do? point the finger elsewhere--- though from what I read, in this case i think the road was a factor, - but not the cause of the accident IMO
Well, that's interesting because his lawyer made sure to mention that his father basically ran the business while the son had much smaller responsibilities. But if the father was out of the country, the responsibility would fall on him, I would think. The lawyer did say it was a dangerous road, but there are lots of hills and dangerous roads. If the brakes were functional it may have prevented the accident. The extra weight probably didn't help either. The capacity of that particular limo was no more than 10.

Well, that's interesting because his lawyer made sure to mention that his father basically ran the business while the son had much smaller responsibilities. But if the father was out of the country, the responsibility would fall on him, I would think. The lawyer did say it was a dangerous road, but there are lots of hills and dangerous roads. If the brakes were functional it may have prevented the accident. The extra weight probably didn't help either. The capacity of that particular limo was no more than 10.
Agree. The mechanics will be thrown under the bus soon as well. Jmo

Just like the Las Vegas mass murder from the high rised hotel.

Everyone has to pay a price for whatever since the actual shooter is dead. Jmo

Has it been reported whether or not all of the passengers embarked the limo at the same location? The circuitous route could be explained by there being multiple stops to pick up various passengers. I've tried keeping up but thread moves quickly, and I might have missed this detail.

I'm suggesting the possibility because this happened when my daughter and three friends wanted a limousine to take them to their 8th grade dance. The girls didn't have "dates" but had heard that groups of students were getting limos for the evening, so we looked into it. Initially, the girls were all going to meet at our house, but one of the mothers insisted that her daughter have the pleasure of the limousine arriving at their home in another subdivision. One of the girls went to that house, the other girl came to our house where all four girls were photographed in and out of the limousine.
I read somewhere that all of the victims cars were parked at one person’s house.

Considering she texted 15 minutes before the crash, i don't see anything suggesting driver was unconscious. Otherwise presumably during those 15 minutes one of the passengers would have taken over. There were also no calls to 911 during this time, which is kind of strange if the vehicle was actually coasting with no breaks? All of the victims presumably had cell phones, I would expect calls to 911 if that were the case.
If anyone had called 911, what could authorities have done to help?

Each time I check this thread, it just gets more horrific :eek: That the passengers (and driver) may have known that they were going to crash is beyond terrifying!
Each time I check this thread, it just gets more horrific :eek: That the passengers (and driver) may have known that they were going to crash is beyond terrifying!
And that knowledge is going to add to the dollar amount in the law suits.

If anyone had called 911, what could authorities have done to help?
There are cases of people who lost breaks calling 911. And those were the drivers. In those cases as I recall authorities gave advice on how to slow the car down. I don't think 17 passengers were going to ride in a car for 15 minutes with no breaks and not one call to 911.

I believe Malik is the same person. Ive seen that name referred to as being another name for the owner of the limo company.
I’ve read that too. He was a shady character. Had a history of being named in law suits, name changes, bad business deals. He murdered someone in Pakistan but his father helped him to escape. Just bad news.

There are cases of people who lost breaks calling 911. And those were the drivers. In those cases as I recall authorities gave advice on how to slow the car down. I don't think 17 passengers were going to ride in a car for 15 minutes with no breaks and not one call to 911.
Hmmm, I wonder if the driver made any calls to his boss.

Makes me wonder if the former FBI informant and his family have “special privileges.” Laws don’t apply to them.

It would not surprise me one bit. The state has some explaining to do about why they allowed an illegal limousine company to continue operating with dangerous unregistered cars and improperly licensed drivers, despite numerous warnings.

Sounds like the car was quite the "luxury vehicle". I wonder if anyone who got in the "Death Trap", thought about getting out. Something to think about, if you ever have that "feeling", pay attention...
Maybe they were preparing to get the h*ll out of Dodge?

Join their father in Pakistan?
Well the owner’s son surely was trying to. Luckily cops caught him on a highway in Albany (near an airport) with a car full of packed luggage. Sneaky little....

I don't know about it being in your driveway, I've never heard of that in NY but you can be arrested for driving an unregistered vehicle. As far as inspection, they can give you a warning, a ticket, and a fine. But in this case it was not unregistered. The car was " stickered" ( whatever that means) and "ordered out of service." according to what I read. I would imagine if he was carrying passengers they would have arrested him. At any rate, the driver, and the company, knew full well the vehicle shouldn't be on the road, let alone carrying passengers. Especially 8 people above the limit. I wonder if the weight had something to do with it as well. Jmo
Was this vehicle used recently? I wonder if the company hadn't been using it lately, but when the call came in for a replacement vehicle for the birthday party, they sent this limo purely out of greed. The owners could have said no and sent the group to another company....but they didn't.

Bottom line is the owners and likely the driver all knew that vehicle should not have been on the road, let along carrying unsuspecting passengers.

jmopinion

I messed up my reply to this but I am curious to see if his role as an FBI informant will come into play...

you know what this also might be the NTSB delay

there was another incident recent where FBI was on scene but it did not seem terror ee but Ntsb went poof on that one too

FBI is secret agency (Los Vegas) - NTSB is transparent -- so there may be more going on in terms of FBI informant stuff

I wish I could remember which recent one it was where they both were there but FBI was lead - and NTSB was silenced --so it might have nothing to do with video forensics

I wonder who the guy he bought along for the ride was??

and we got dad in Pakistan

something is very rotten in Denmark on this one tho

we are in our what 10 th day and know nothing

they do pressers all the time in the first week

Chairman Hersman's media briefing - YouTube

Maybe I missed it, where did the vehicle not being registered come from??
I’ve read it was stickered “ out of service” which means it can still be driven for 15 days for the purpose of repairs being made. I haven’t seen anything saying it wasn’t registered. Is that being said because it wasn’t registered as a bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState