NY - Twenty Fatality Traffic Crash, Schoharie County, 6 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it was registered. Someone just made that assumption. According to CNN, there were 7 lessor violations that did not warrent the vehicle being taken off the road. Among them were " improper display of carriers name and/or federal DOT number, registration or license plate, a problem with the hydraulic brakes" and something to do with the windshield wipers.
Thanks for the info.

If there is truly no insurance on the car -- I find that amazing and truly alarming. Not that I consider my state of NC superior to any other state in the US, but if property tax on the car is not paid, or if there is not "liability" insurance (meaning if the accident/crash, etc., is the fault of the driver of that vehicle, there must be insurance that will pay for the damage to the other vehicle) on the car, the owner cannot get the car its yearly required inspection -- which will be reported to DMVehicles and the car can be confiscated; or if there is a sale of the car, the title cannot be changed to someone else if not liability-insured or properly inspected; and if the driver is pulled-over for improper equipment, speeding, etc., or an accident, the car can be confiscated for out-of-date inspection or no liability insurance.
No idea how closely this is monitored, but some things do happen and LE cannot ignore that type offense.

Egad.

Okay, forget my question asking if the vehicle was put aside but then pulled out for this job - when a replacement vehicle was needed for the group. The owners had knowing been using a faulty vehicle for awhile.

What a disaster of a company. Shameful.

jmo
And despicable, in humane, irresponsible, negligent, criminal...

Thanks for the info.

If there is truly no insurance on the car -- I find that amazing and truly alarming. Not that I consider my state of NC superior to any other state in the US, but if property tax on the car is not paid, or if there is not "liability" insurance (meaning if the accident/crash, etc., is the fault of the driver of that vehicle, there must be insurance that will pay for the damage to the other vehicle) on the car, the owner cannot get the car its yearly required inspection -- which will be reported to DMVehicles and the car can be confiscated; or if there is a sale of the car, the title cannot be changed to someone else if not liability-insured or properly inspected; and if the driver is pulled-over for improper equipment, speeding, etc., or an accident, the car can be confiscated for out-of-date inspection or no liability insurance.
No idea how closely this is monitored, but some things do happen and LE cannot ignore that type offense.
Well imo, those laws should be in every State.

I wonder what was going on in the Hussain brothers’ lives. Maybe it’s nothing. But they suddenly moved out of their mansion in the later part of the night two days prior to the limo crash. The limo involved in the crash was up for sale. The motel is up for sale. A suspicious death happened in their motel shortly after the crash (although reports say the death is not connected to the owner.) Just seems to be a lot of major changes happening at the same time.

When did the father leave the country for his surgery?

Thanks for the info.

The owner operators knew how to fly under the radar with finesse!!!

The father also worked undercover for the government and helped prevent a terrorist attack that was to occur in Queens. He may have some contacts. Of course, we will never know how that will play out. I really can't see this guy getting away with this. It won't be difficult to prove that the company was negligible. Although the lawyer says the claims are not true. According to him, the only problems were the windshield wiper and a problem with one of the locks. Jmo

Er, um, Mr. Limo-Man, what about the brakes?? Somehow, I don't think a problem with a lock made this horrible accident possible. Will the defense come up with some type of story of sabotage against the father because of his undercover work?

I agree, MsBetsy -- I don't see any kind of way they get away with it. The jury -- if it gets to that -- is going to hear the names of those 20 people -- and their ages -- and their children's names -- and their children's ages. Four sisters; two brothers (?? - IIRC). Newlyweds. Pass the tissues, please. Too sad for words.

Defense attorneys dream? So many people blame blaming so many private and governmental authorities to spread it all around as to who is responsible

In my humble opinion

Thanks for the info.

Living in NC too, the most common way this is done is the owner of the car gets insurance for the shortest amount of time. They get the yearly license plate renewal by going to a county that does not have emission checks.

The vehicle is generally an older one, so property tax is not that much. To outsiders, in NC we pay personal property tax when we renew our car license yearly.

Back to the car insurance, the car owner doesn’t pay the next month insurance payment or cancels the insurance if he had to pay for three or six months in advance. This is how we have sooo many uninsured drivers on the roads.

These people drive without insurance until they get stopped. They will also drive on expired plates until caught.

I believe the average person carries an Uninsured Motorist on their policy at a very low rate. This way if you are in an accident with an uninsured person, you have coverage instead of paying the repairs out of your pocket. This is applicable if the uninsured is at fault.

It may be just me, but I have a gut feeling the branches of LE let this family get by with many law breaking rules.

Some place I read the sons had numerous charges. Do we know if special favors were given to them such as a mild sentence compared to what the average citizen received? JMO, my guess would be most definitely.

After all, father was an informant for the FBI. Most people would look up to him. (I am being sarcastic!)

Hussains must still have friends at the DMV.

Limo obtained 'passed' DMV inspection sticker prior to fatal crash

According to the Albany Times Union, the 2001 Ford Excursion limo was somehow able to get a regular inspection sticker from a DMV.

The limo should have been subject to a thorough review from a state DOT inspector, however, instead it received a 'passed' DMV inspection sticker.

This is against state law.

All DMV approved inspection sites are required under state regulations to "refuse to perform the inspection," if a stretch limo requests one.

Hussains must still have friends at the DMV.

Limo obtained 'passed' DMV inspection sticker prior to fatal crash

According to the Albany Times Union, the 2001 Ford Excursion limo was somehow able to get a regular inspection sticker from a DMV.

The limo should have been subject to a thorough review from a state DOT inspector, however, instead it received a 'passed' DMV inspection sticker.

This is against state law.

All DMV approved inspection sites are required under state regulations to "refuse to perform the inspection," if a stretch limo requests one.

I saw this earlier but was about to leave work so couldn’t post. This is soooo shady. Don’t get me wrong - there are many places that will give you fake inspection stickers for a cost. But for this to have gone so far in terms of “slipping thru the dmv cracks”. Yeah right. Either the DMV was never given record of the fake inspections and the state is trying to cover themselves for having shady inspection contractors, or the DMV knew and allowed this to conveniently slip thru the cracks. JMO

‘They Aren’t Coming Home’: Mourning 4 Daughters Lost in Limo Crash

Interview with the parents of the four daughters.

“The coroner told the sheriff that the kids didn’t suffer,” Ms. King said. “It was immediate.”

But they had to know they were going to crash? But maybe didn't realize it would be a fatal crash?

Details on the children and getting the call. Indescribable how horrible this is.

‘They Aren’t Coming Home’: Mourning 4 Daughters Lost in Limo Crash

Interview with the parents of the four daughters.

“The coroner told the sheriff that the kids didn’t suffer,” Ms. King said. “It was immediate.”

But they had to know they were going to crash? But maybe didn't realize it would be a fatal crash?

Details on the children and getting the call. Indescribable how horrible this is.

I want so much to read this, but I know it will break my heart. I just can't bear to hear the pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes