GUILTY NY - Valerie Reyes, 24, found deceased, New Rochelle, 29 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ex-boyfriend of woman found in suitcase arrested

[...]

The suspect, 24-year-old Javier DeSilva, is expected to be charged with federal crimes and prosecuted by the Southern District of New York. He was arrested in Queens Monday night.

Sources say DeSilva has made admissions in the death, including that it occurred in New Rochelle.

[...]

Ex-boyfriend of woman found in suitcase arrested

[...]

The suspect, 24-year-old Javier DeSilva, is expected to be charged with federal crimes and prosecuted by the Southern District of New York. He was arrested in Queens Monday night.

Sources say DeSilva has made admissions in the death, including that it occurred in New Rochelle.

[...]
MSM has been all over the map on this story (unfortunately all too typical of a breaking new story like this). This article lists the suspect as 33 years old. I've seen 33 and 24 (which was her age). Hopefully a formal press release from either New Rochelle Police of SDNY will clarify some of the misinformation soon and MSM can realign.
https://talkofthesound.com/2019/02/...victim-from-her-new-rochelle-home-police-say/

MSM has been all over the map on this story (unfortunately all too typical of a breaking new story like this). This article lists the suspect as 33 years old. I've seen 33 and 24 (which was her age). Hopefully a formal press release from either New Rochelle Police of SDNY will clarify some of the misinformation soon and MSM can realign.
https://talkofthesound.com/2019/02/...victim-from-her-new-rochelle-home-police-say/

John Craven of News 12 Connecticut (TV) says GPD will hold a news conference at 2:00 pm today. They will be airing that live.
John Craven on Twitter
Police: Ex-boyfriend arrested in case of woman found dead inside suitcase

I was able to catch the last few minutes of the Greenwich 2 PM presser on News 12 Connecticut. It was very brief, deferred a lot to New Rochelle PD and to SDNY. Not releasing much information, but did say they believe the suspect's fraudulent use of her ATM card was AFTER the time that they believe she was killed, which is what led them to hone in on that aspect of the investigation. Located and arrested the suspect last night, he admitted a role in her death.

I wonder if JDS had learned or figured out that Valerie & her recent BF had taken a break. Specifically, that her recent BF was no longer at her basement apt often, if at all. He then seized upon this window of opportunity to move in on her.

Perhaps, JDS began visiting her residence to check out entry/exit, etc and/or leaving empty VMs.

I think he may have done even more that intensified her terror that someone might murder her.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/02/javier-da-silva-desilva/
"Reyes’ mother, Norma Sanchez, told CBS New York that da Silva was fixated on horror movies, but a lot of people are who don’t end up like he did."
"Da Silva was “really pushy, wouldn’t take no for an answer,” she said. Reyes got frustrated with him, and that’s when the relationship ended."
rbbm

<modsnip: political>

Last edited by a moderator:
And the time of death should prove valuable in clearing up some of the confusion.

You were correct about this one. The autopsy showed the ATM card was used after the presumed time of death.

The ATM card used at 2am Wednesday morning. I am presuming then as she was last seen heading to the Train Station Tuesday morning that he must have been stalking her. She never made it to work. Some news articles reporting that she was killed at the residence. Looks like there are still unanswered questions with he final moments and how she ended up back at her house.

Looks plausible that night he drove north to drop the body across state lines then south down to Lower Manhattan to use the card to throw the police?

EK‏Verified account @EllenKilloran 1m1 minute ago

#ValerieReyes most recent boyfriend says the arrest of Javier DeSilva was "a huge surprise," and that the suspect and the victim were never really a couple. "I didn't think he was even near New York."

Well, that certainly clears up the whole question about whether we are dealing with one ex or two, doesn't it?

I have to admit, I put a lot of weight on the fact that the consensus here seemed to be that it was Valerie who used the ATM card. With that not being true it changes everything. Now it's just a simple murdered in her home type of scenario.

How sad that she didn't get help with this. Perhaps she didn't want family knowing she was dating two guys?

Well, that certainly clears up the whole question about whether we are dealing with one ex or two, doesn't it?

I have to admit, I put a lot of weight on the fact that the consensus here seemed to be that it was Valerie who used the ATM card. With that not being true it changes everything. Now it's just a simple murdered in her home type of scenario.

How sad that she didn't get help with this. Perhaps she didn't want family knowing she was dating two guys?

Quotes from the mother suggests she knew both men. If the more recent boyfriend thought he was no where near New York possibly because he overstayed his visa, and they assumed he had returned to Venezuela. He might have gone to VR's residence to ask if she could habor him and she declined to do so? Also the reason perhaps she didnt want to tell her mother as she didnt want to disclose that he was still in the country?

informative updates from CBS journalist Tony Aiello: @AielloTV - Twitter Search
"Kidnapping resulting in death” makes this a potential death penalty case."
"According to criminal complaint, da Silva claims #ValerieReyes fell and hit her head before he put tape over her mouth, bound her hands and feet, out body in suitcase and drove to Greenwich. Surveillance video and license plate readers are part of the evidence trail."

I had done a Google map view of the fastest way from his stated address to hers, and suspected he would use a car vs public transit. The fastest route from his location in Queens to New Rochelle included toll roads, so I had hoped that gave them a good trail.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska
Back