GUILTY NY - Valerie Reyes, 24, found deceased, New Rochelle, 29 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is all of her personal items missing along with the sheets? or just the sheets? Are her dirty clothes still in the hamper, or possibly had she headed to the laundromat with a load or two. Also the only reason I can see for missing sheets is not so much blood evidence as that would stain a mattress, but bodily fluid or skin cells containing DNA could be left on them if she was taken from her bed. There are lots of questions on this one? I have had friends who have no sheets on their bed, its a flop house sorta thing, what condition is the rest of the residence in, some people just flop on a mattress, its more common then you think sadly. IMHO

would someone mind pasting and copying the article in the above link? i cannot access that site. thanks in advance.

Family members and LE investigating Valerie's disappearance would easily notice if the bed sheets were missing from the bed. Knowing a suitcase was missing from Valerie's residence might not be so obvious.

If the victim found in the suitcase was wrapped in bed sheets, the probability of this being Valeria would be pretty high.

Most suitcases contain some form of an identification tag to allow airlines and such to identify the owners of lost baggage. It makes one wonder if the killer possibly left the ID tag on the suitcase which would point to the owner of the bag.

There is another young woman missing in the area, a known prostitute, so this may not be Valerie. It's tragic either way but I hope it is not her.
Do you happen to have a link regarding the missing woman you are referring to?

Sheez, I don't think I'll be visiting that area anytime soon.

Advocates: Greenwich murder discovery a grim reminder of violent reality for women

This incident tells us that so much more needs to be done around how we change the way the culture in our society views violence against women,” said Karen Jarmoc, president and CEO of Connecticut Coalition Against Domestic Violence. “Clearly this is (indicative) of an element of our culture in which some men feel violence against women is a justified behavior.”

“It’s disgusting,” she said. “As women, we’ve always been taught — and some men believe — that our bodies are for their gratification. Women are taught our whole lives that we have to look over shoulders, have to be careful.”

SNIP

The nature of the way in which the woman was found displays an extreme example of the objectification of women, said Lucy Nolan, director of policy and public relations at the Connecticut Alliance to End Sexual Violence.

SNIP

On Sunday, Fairfield resident Catherine Taylor, 70, was shot to death. Police arrested her ex-husband James Taylor for the murder. She was reportedly fearful of him and tracked his movements on an iPad app. Police responded to help settle a dispute between the the two just two days before Catherine Taylor died.

Alice Marie Figueroa, a 28-year-old Middletown woman, was found shot dead in her home on Monday. Police are still searching for her boyfriend, Benjamin Morales, who they charged in the killing.

Maryann Kibbe-Stanisz, 70, died from blunt impact injuries to her neck and head in her Watertown home on Jan. 9. William Boyarinas, 48 was charged with her murder.

Emily Todd, 25, of Bethel, was shot in the back of the head on Dec. 9 in Bridgeport. Ohio man Brandon Roberts, who detectives said met Todd on a dating website, was charged in her murder. In an unrelated case, police said Roberts drove up to another woman this summer in Bridgeport, told her he wanted to have sex with her and shot her from behind when she turned him down.

SNIP

Nearly half of all female homicide victims in the nation are killed by a current or former male intimate partner, according to a U.S. Centers for Disease Control report.

Since 2000, there have been about 14 deaths related to domestic violence each year in Connecticut, said Kiernan.

SNIP

In the past 44 years, Greenwich has seen 21 murders. Of those victims, 15 were women. Seven of the murders are known to have involved domestic violence and two involved apparent sexual assault.

SNIP

If you are someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, call the statewide crisis hotline at 888-774-2900. In Greenwich, The YWCA hotline is 203-622-0003.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
selaynehunter
Back