GUILTY NY - Vincent Viafore, 46, Newburgh, 19 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping LE can back their charges as none of what we know amounts to a hill of beans yet.

RSBM

Check out post # 23 Sounds like they were able to get some sort of confession.... :(
Do not understand why she just didn't leave him.
MOO

Hoping LE can back their charges as none of what we know amounts to a hill of beans yet.

I agree. They've been very vague about the details but maybe that is just because there is not a lot of evidence. As mentioned, murder cases can be won without a body but it's quite difficult. While it could just be that they are being very careful, it doesn't seem like theres much to go on atm.

Her fb page does seem strange. But as someone who, publicly, tries to act normally, she shouldn't be condemned because of fb.

Are you referring to the skyline photo SurfieTX? I'm on the West Coast, and the timestamp I see (which may be adjusted to the viewer by Facebook) shows 10:12 a.m.

:confused:

It's still eerie, though, because it shows the bridge and the night skyline. His cover photo of his silhouette looking out to at the water kinda took my breath away, too. JMO

:floating:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's actually facing the camera. But I get what you mean.

A friend of Viafore's said that something seemed off about her behavior after the incident and the way she had described it. Viafore, a strong and experienced swimmer, "always took precautions about himself," the friend says. "When this story came out that he was on the Hudson at 7:30 at night in those choppy waters, 30 degrees, it just didn't jibe with me."

http://www.newser.com/story/206210/fiancee-charged-with-murder-of-missing-kayaker.html

It seems like she tampered with his kayak, but what could that mean? I'm wondering if he's buried on that island in the river.
Pure speculation while we await the facts to be released, not based on anything in the news.
JMO.

It seems like she tampered with his kayak, but what could that mean? I'm wondering if he's buried on that island in the river.
Pure speculation while we await the facts to be released, not based on anything in the news.
JMO.

Nina Schutzman @PoJoNSchutzman · 22h 22 hours ago
Police said the couple was at Bannerman Island when Viafore "entered the water"

I wonder if he was ever in the water at all? She could have staged it.

Nina Schutzman @PoJoNSchutzman · 22h 22 hours ago
Police said the couple was at Bannerman Island when Viafore "entered the water"

Maybe she dumped the body from the island into the river. Was his kayak found? She could've launched it empty. I just have a hard time understanding how she could tamper with a kayak and an experienced kayaker wouldn't notice. He seems very capable and experienced.

But, really, I'm just speculating due to lack of info.
JMO.

I think she somehow killed him on the island and the "he entered the water" was her own doing, with plenty of rocks to hold the body down.

MOO

." Police say they believe Viafore was murdered on the river, though they haven't commented on how, and they've asked people near the Hudson anywhere south of Albany to look out for his body,
http://www.newser.com/story/206210/fiancee-charged-with-murder-of-missing-kayaker.html

Though rescuers found Graswald and Viafore’s kayaks, Viafore remains missing.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ame-a-murder-mystery-on-the-hudson/?tid=sm_fb

There must be something obvious about the damage to his Kayak JMO

Can't imagine what has led LE to believing he was murdered on the river, as they stated above

I wonder that as well SurfieTX-----have neighbors who kayak-----what does his/her/vehicle look like? They would need it outfitted to transport kayaks....whether they owned or rented.....also that is a late hour to be out on the water and cold to boot........................curious on motive

So, someone saw them go onto the river in their Kayaks.
I agree with inthedetails, wouldn't he have noticed something wrong? He was experienced
A slow leak? I know nothing about Kayaks

Speculation.. maybe she drugged him on land before they went out
Why was he not wearing a lifevest?

I have a kayak and unless you drill holes in it, I can't think of any other way to tamper with it. I am sure she didn't "tamper" with it close to shore, I can't imagine her tiny self tipping his kayak over in the middle of the Hudson either, unless she hit him in the head with something or drugged him.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/04/20/crews-searching-for-missing-kayaker-in-hudson-river/Wes " ____knows the couple well and said he saw them on Sunday out on the water. It wasn’t until later that night that he heard a search was underway."

This doesn't say when the witness saw them on the river. Obviously they were there at some point during the day as she ended up on the river and had to be "rescued." This still could mean that something happened on that island.

??

JMO.

I have a kayak and unless you drill holes in it, I can't think of any other way to tamper with it.

Interesting point, JerseyGirl

Also, how would LE link said (alleged) tampering to her?

:thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think she somehow killed him on the island and the "he entered the water" was her own doing, with plenty of rocks to hold the body down.

MOO

She could have brought some "warm coffee/cacao" or something like that in which she had put some drug/sleep agent which in turn would make Vince loose control of his kayak ?

It is really hard to see how this played out with the charge being "2nd degree murder" which I believe means that it is not premeditated or planned in advance. That seems to eliminate canoe tampering or life jacket tampering in advance of the pair heading out on the water. Drugging also would seem to be pre-meditated. Maybe he was drunk? If he was under the influence he may have neglected to wear a vest...And she took advantage of his incapacitation and did not help him when he capsized/actively aided capsizing and drowning. Sad however it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487