GUILTY NY - Vincent Viafore, 46, Newburgh, 19 April 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can they speculate if the bruises are post-mortem ? And that isn't alot of alcohol at all IMO.............cant wait to see what develops here.

$9 Million bond! Whoa!
On CBS news. They released the 911 call.

Shouldn't a medical examiner remain impartial and be looking only at what the science is telling them? I can understand needing to understand the circumstances in which a death occurs but something does not sound right here.

I am really starting to feel this woman is being railroaded. I don't doubt that some of her behaviors that were shown on social media raised questions, but we don't always know how grief affects others, particularly those of other cultures and social constraints.

I would assume that bruises and abrasions can occur both during and after the death and drowning process. I would think a body could become very battered, especially after spending a month submerged in the river.

Have already set the timer for 48 Hours tomorrow night! Right now I would not want to be involved in ANY death in Orange County, NY- after seeing this I would question the ability of LE to be looking at a case objectively!

Either she is being (possibly) railroaded or something else is going on. If the reporting is correct, it sure sounds strange to me. I could see the Medical Examiner answering a question if the drowning could have been caused by a missing plug and saying "yes." But to say that this is the cause of the drowning (and especially that the plug was intentionally removed) seems outside that person's professional scope. Does drowning from a removed plug look different than drowning from falling into a river? Did the ME also look at the boat and see evidence (fingerprints) that someone had removed that plug? Of course not. Could this also possibly be some ploy from someone else to try to get a mistrial because of strange evidence from the ME? Just speculating here. MOO

Shouldn't a medical examiner remain impartial and be looking only at what the science is telling them? I can understand needing to understand the circumstances in which a death occurs but something does not sound right here.

I am really starting to feel this woman is being railroaded. I don't doubt that some of her behaviors that were shown on social media raised questions, but we don't always know how grief affects others, particularly those of other cultures and social constraints.

I would assume that bruises and abrasions can occur both during and after the death and drowning process. I would think a body could become very battered, especially after spending a month submerged in the river.

Have already set the timer for 48 Hours tomorrow night! Right now I would not want to be involved in ANY death in Orange County, NY- after seeing this I would question the ability of LE to be looking at a case objectively!

I'll bet something else is going on that's not been released. Oh I get it it's the double standard, a woman couldn't murder. Bruises don't happen after death, no matter how long a body's submerged it doesn't happen. As for being involve with any death in Orange Co. or any where else I'll pass on it, unless it's my own. That I could live with.

I would like to know who the plug was removed by and how they know it was intentional. Was this something she told them? Did she tell them she intentionally removed the plug? From what I have read here and in MSM, it would be difficult to capsize a kayak just from removing the plug.

His blood alcohol level was not exceptionally high, but I assume it would have been enough to slow reaction times. Alcohol and water are never good ideas. Next will we be told she forced him to drink as well?

Sneak peek: Death on the Hudson
September 11, 2015, 05:52 PM

Can never-before-seen evidence prove there was no murder in the case against a woman charged with killing her fiancé during a kayaking trip? "48 Hours" correspondent peter Van Peter Van Sant investigates.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/sneak-peek-death-on-the-hudson/

Other related videos:

Kayaking the Hudson: A treacherous trip - 48 Hours Videos - CBS News
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/kayaking-the-hudson-a-treacherous-trip/

Vincent Viafore's friends on what they miss most - 48 Hours Videos - CBS News
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/vincent-viafores-friends-on-what-they-miss-most/

911 call from the Hudson: New audio in kayak murder mystery - 48 Hours Videos - CBS News
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/911-call-from-the-hudson-new-audio-in-kayak-murder-mystery/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a media piece. Nothing proves or disproves anything. Not really important. IMO

Anyone have information on Michael Archer forensic scientist?

http://wikibin.org/articles/michael-archer.html

Michael Archer
Michael E. Archer is a forensic scientist from New York City. He is a member of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences. He is the chief forensic examiner at New York Forensics, Inc., in Fishkill, New York. Additionally, he is an Investigator in the Dutchess County Medical Examiner's Office. Archer has taught at Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York & at Mount Saint Mary's College in Newburgh, New York, worked on high profile cases with Henry C. Lee, Ph.D. & Michael Baden, M.D. and appeared on Court T.V. and has been in the New York Times, The Daily News & The New York Post. Michael Archer is an accomplished forensic photographer; his work has been purchased and published by the Associated Press. [http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/ARUBA_MISSING_TEEN?SITECADIU&SECTIONHOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Michael Archer is the lead forensic scientist on the Joran van der Sloot defense team. In December 2007 Archer travelled to Aruba with van der Sloot's American defense attornies Joseph Tacopina & Rosemarie Arnold. In the weeks leading up to this trip Arubian prosecutor Hans Mos led Joran's defense team to believe there was "incriminating new evidence" against Joran. This was found to be untrue. While in Aruba, Archer examined the points of interest in the case and was set to meet with the Arubian authorities shortly before Joran was released from the KIA detention center. Archer said, "It was obvious that there was no new evidence. In fact, there is no evidence that Natalie died as a result of a criminal act. There is no crime scene, there is no DNA or forensic evidence, there are no confessions and there is no body. In the time Joran was with Natalie it would be impossible for him to have killed her and disposed of her without leaving a trace. I am certain Joran did not kill Natalie Holloway."

On Friday, December 7, 2007 Van der Sloot, 20, was ordered freed because the judge found the investigation "has not resulted in more direct evidence than before that Natalee Holloway has died as a result of a violent crime against her or that the suspect has been involved in such a crime," Archer was present at the KIA detention center and took exclusive pictures of Joran's release from jail and of Joran greeting and being embraced by his parents Paulus & Anita van der Sloot.

Michael Archer has degrees in Psychology, Biology, Forensic Science, Religious Studies, & Systematic Theology. He is a graduate of the seminary system of the Archdiocese of New York.
See Also

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23
Back