Obstruction of Justice;Accessory to a crime: Is there a case against the Anthony's #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DazzlinDeb, I think FL and FLoridians learned their lesson, it only took once - Jessica - and the law was changed. That tells me that FL would be very, very disagreeable to parents who aid and abett their daughter so she will evade murder charges in the cruel killing of her own 2 year old baby. It is dependent on the degree of aiding and abetting.

Lying in desperation is one thing, dumping a body is another. Ya' know?

I seriously do not think LE is going to charge the Anthony's with anything. LE is sensitive about this case, and Casey is the only person they want to prosecute. I think after they break the news to Cindy and George that it is Caylee's remains, we will all see a different side of these people. They were already broken before this. Cindy will probably end up in a psyche ward, and George may just colapse and have a heart attack. LE knows they are suffering. Maybe we can all step back and pray for them. They refused to give up hope......and they did it for Caylee.

I respectfully disagree with you, IMO CA & GA already know that this is Klee, if they didn't know, they would still be continuing on with their little "find Caylee" campaign while awaiting absolute confirmation, that's what they did when the trunk evidence came back, claiming that it wasn't Caylee in the trunk. Why aren't they out there claiming just as loud and clear as they were then that this may not be Caylee's body and until we have 100% confirmation that it is, we will keep searching for her? Because they know it's Caylee. So IMO there isn't any news to break to CA & GA, they've known the news for a long time. I've lost count of the times that someone has claimed that once this happens or that happens, we'll see a different CA & GA, how CA will end up in the phyche ward and GA will have a heart attack. Personally I think that you are projecting what "your" own personal response would be, god forbid, if you were ever in this situation. We may share commonalities with these people such as, being a grandparent, an uncle and even a mother, but that is as far as it goes. It doesn't mean ALL grandparent's think alike, as we certainly know that ALL mother's do not think alike. As far as refusing to give up hope, that is BS! IMHO, the only thing that the "A's" don't want to give up THE TRUTH. As far as I'm concerned it has been LE, NG & other media outlets, the public and yes, even blogger's and forums such as this that have held out hope, hope that Caylee would be found alive while REALISTICALLY expecting that she wasn't, but hoping & praying that her remains would be found so that she could have a proper burial & the justice that she deserves.

Not sure, but a simple pen sent Martha away. :eek:

IIRC, she got more time for lying about that than she would have gotten for the original crime.

Similar thing happened to Michael Vic.

SuziQ - Martha was the Feds., was Vick? I didn't pay attention to his case.

I respectfully disagree with you, IMO CA & GA already know that this is Klee, if they didn't know, they would still be continuing on with their little "find Caylee" campaign while awaiting absolute confirmation, that's what they did when the trunk evidence came back, claiming that it wasn't Caylee in the trunk. Why aren't they out there claiming just as loud and clear as they were then that this may not be Caylee's body and until we have 100% confirmation that it is, we will keep searching for her? Because they know it's Caylee. So IMO there isn't any news to break to CA & GA, they've known the news for a long time. I've lost count of the times that someone has claimed that once this happens or that happens, we'll see a different CA & GA, how CA will end up in the phyche ward and GA will have a heart attack. Personally I think that you are projecting what "your" own personal response would be, god forbid, if you were ever in this situation. We may share commonalities with these people such as, being a grandparent, an uncle and even a mother, but that is as far as it goes. It doesn't mean ALL grandparent's think alike, as we certainly know that ALL mother's do not think alike. As far as refusing to give up hope, that is BS! IMHO, the only thing that the "A's" don't want to give up THE TRUTH. As far as I'm concerned it has been LE, NG & other media outlets, the public and yes, even blogger's and forums such as this that have held out hope, hope that Caylee would be found alive while REALISTICALLY expecting that she wasn't, but hoping & praying that her remains would be found so that she could have a proper burial & the justice that she deserves.

I'm not sure what the Anthony's will do when they get the news this is Caylee. I know I'd be devistated, and I'm sure they are. They've made a lot of mistakes, and I have been so pissed off at times I have to turn the TV off. I think LE knows the Anthony's are both nuts over this, and they're going to just bury Casey, and leave them alone. JMO......don't shoot!

another thought, (sorry but this gets my goat) lets not forget that KC & Klee lived in CA & GA's home. Although KC is 100 % responsible for what she did to Klee, CA & GA bear some responsibility too here and not simply because they are Klee's gp's but because this child lived in their home. IMO, have some responsibility here in regards to KC even getting away with the first 31 days! That combined with all the other lies that they have told, withholding Klee's hairbrush, the jcpenny receipts and god knows what else, I hope charges are filed against them because I for one don't want other families out there to think that they can do the things that CA & GA have done, for one of their family members and not be held accountable under the law. JMHO

DazzlinDeb, I think FL and FLoridians learned their lesson, it only took once - Jessica - and the law was changed. That tells me that FL would be very, very disagreeable to parents who aid and abett their daughter so she will evade murder charges in the cruel killing of her own 2 year old baby. It is dependent on the degree of aiding and abetting.

Lying in desperation is one thing, dumping a body is another. Ya' know?

Ummmmmmmm........who dumped the body? Are you saying Cindy or George dumped the body? Look, I know they are nuts, but I cannot see them doing that. Not in a million years. They loved that baby too much.

I'm not sure what the Anthony's will do when they get the news this is Caylee. I know I'd be devistated, and I'm sure they are. They've made a lot of mistakes, and I have been so pissed off at times I have to turn the TV off. I think LE knows the Anthony's are both nuts over this, and they're going to just bury Casey, and leave them alone. JMO......don't shoot!

Lol, no shooting, I promise! Again I have to disagree, I don't think that LE are simply going to contribute GA & CA's behavior or conduct through all of this as merely "nutso's". LE has so much more information than we even know and "nutso's" aren't calculating & scheming - like CA & GA have been.

Lol, no shooting, I promise! Again I have to disagree, I don't think that LE are simply going to contribute GA & CA's behavior or conduct through all of this as merely "nutso's". LE has so much more information than we even know and "nutso's" aren't calculating & scheming - like CA & GA have been.

Well, we shall see. I think the hell they are going through is punishment enough........ unless they had something to do with the murder which I doubt. I dislike the Anthony's, but I don't hate them. I think they are in denial, and kicking themselves in the a$$ for lots of things they have said and done. They have said, and done so many stupid things, and like I said I have my moments where I can't stand them. I yell at the TV screaming WTF is wrong with you morons, are you effing crazy, and then I get a grip and realize they are going through something I cannot even imagine. Hey, atleast CA made the 911 call. Thank God for that or nobody would have ever known a thing. I do believe they would have covered for her and said Caylee was adopted or something like that. Yeah, they're sick.....I know.

I'm sorry. I would hope no one interprets all these comments as A bashing. To me, it's an analysis, based on statutory authority, of what could be down the road. That's what we do here. We take an issue, dissect it, analyze it, tear it to shreds, and put it back together again. The majority of the time, specific individuals are involved in the analysis. Just saying...

With all due respect, it would be great if we could focus on the thread title--"Is there a case against the Anthony's"...and not so much IF they deserve to be charged. We all have feelings that range the spectrum, but it's up to State (and maybe Federal) Prosecutors.

added Sorry EZ--I am still running slow so when I posted I didn't see your comment!

I am so curious, if anyone knows, what are the ramifications of being found guilty of Obstruction charges. Mandatory jail time for the felony charges and would misdemeanors even be worth pursuing?

Ummmmmmmm........who dumped the body? Are you saying Cindy or George dumped the body? Look, I know they are nuts, but I cannot see them doing that. Not in a million years. They loved that baby too much.

I agree - don't go into shock!:) I would be completely blown away to find out that GA or CA helped dispose of the body. BUT I do believe that they have;
1. Knowingly lied about KC's past behavior, making her out to be "mother of the year" yet other's have made statements that claim that CA said that KC was a sociopath, liar, thief, etc...
2. Knowingly lied about events that lead up to the 15th of June, as well as what actually took place between CA & KC at their home on June 15th
3.) Knowingly lied about details relating to contact with KC, whether by phone or in person, between June 15th thru July 14th
4.) Knowingly lied about missing items from inside or outside of their home that may have been related to the case
5.) Knowingly cleaned & removed items from a vehicle that they had expressed concerns about in relation to the smell & the fact that a daughter & grandchild were missing (to the guy at the tow yard including GA explaining that his daughter & grandchild were missing in addition to CA's 911 call, "it smells like theres been a damn dead body in the car")
6.) Knowingly withholding evidence such as Klee's hairbrush, jcpenny reciepts and god knows what else
7.) Making false claims of sitings of Klee in the hope of taking the focus off of KC

I'm pretty sure that others could easily add to this list things that stand out to them.

I do have a question though, how does any of the things that CA & GA have done throughout this case thusfar, such as those listed above, exhibit or validate their love for Klee? Could you please explain that to me? I could see (although I wouldn't do it for my sons nor would they do it for me, we all had this conversation last night around the table when they all stopped in for a visit, we all agreed that this is far from love - love should never require this) how they might claim that out of their (sick)love for KC they did these things for her but where is the love for Caylee in any of this?

With all due respect, it would be great if we could focus on the thread title--"Is there a case against the Anthony's"...and not so much IF they deserve to be charged. We all have feelings that range the spectrum, but it's up to State (and maybe Federal) Prosecutors.

added Sorry EZ--I am still running slow so when I posted I didn't see your comment!

I am so curious, if anyone knows, what are the ramifications of being found guilty of Obstruction charges. Mandatory jail time for the felony charges and would misdemeanors even be worth pursuing?

No prob, Tippy. I guess great mind do think alike, huh?

About the ramifications. Still, I'd hope there is a case for accessory after the fact, hopefully based on the A's actions post-arrest, for the reasons I already stated. Felony conviction = no right to profit from the case. However, I guess we'll have to wait for MiraclesHappen to awaken later today, read through the thread, and tell us the penalties for each of the levels of possible conviction. You know, misdemeanor = fine; felony = jail? I hope MH keeps us going with our legal education. :blowkiss:

Okay. Accessory- that was quick. Caylee was under 18; nobody gets a pass. Got it.

"Obstruction" is gumbo of different offenses and includes lying to police.

Question. Does the lie have to be about a material fact? Let's say you lie about your weight. Is it Obstruction if your weight is not a material fact?

I am so hoping NOT! :eek:

No prob, Tippy. I guess great mind do think alike, huh?

About the ramifications. Still, I'd hope there is a case for accessory after the fact, hopefully based on the A's actions post-arrest, for the reasons I already stated. Felony conviction = no right to profit from the case. However, I guess we'll have to wait for MiraclesHappen to awaken later today, read through the thread, and tell us the penalties for each of the levels of possible conviction. You know, misdemeanor = fine; felony = jail? I hope MH keeps us going with our legal education. :blowkiss:

Thanks! I did see where Conway indicated in today's presser that he was seeking immunity. If you know, was that from the State's Atty? There is a definite FBI connection in this case. I believe, from what I read, the State's Attorney would not comment. I wonder if he could possibly also petition the Feds for immunity?

Well, we shall see. I think the hell they are going through is punishment enough........ unless they had something to do with the murder which I doubt. I dislike the Anthony's, but I don't hate them. I think they are in denial, and kicking themselves in the a$$ for lots of things they have said and done. They have said, and done so many stupid things, and like I said I have my moments where I can't stand them. I yell at the TV screaming WTF is wrong with you morons, are you effing crazy, and then I get a grip and realize they are going through something I cannot even imagine. Hey, atleast CA made the 911 call. Thank God for that or nobody would have ever known a thing. I do believe they would have covered for her and said Caylee was adopted or something like that. Yeah, they're sick.....I know.

Its not about hate imo, has nothing to do with my own personal feelings toward the A's, it's their actions and if their actions prove to be criminal then they should be charged and prosecuted. If the state of Florida brings charges against CA and/or GA it isn't going to be because the prosecutor hates them (although I'm sure that is what CA & GA will claim, the old "poor us") It will be because they violated the law - period.

Thanks! I did see where Conway indicated in today's presser that he was seeking immunity. If you know, was that from the State's Atty? There is a definite FBI connection in this case. I believe, from what I read, the State's Attorney would not comment. I wonder if he could possibly also petition the Feds for immunity?

Hmmm. I'm not sure. I don't even know if there is a possibility of federal charges, since there is lying to the FBI. Would that lead to federal charges? Or, since the feds are working with the locals, would they remain solely state charges?

Personally, I believe there's more than is being reported. Otherwise, why would Conway bring up the immunity issue? I mean, if his clients are truly innocent or any wrongdoing, as he espoused, then from what is he seeking immunity?

Hmmm. I'm not sure. I don't even know if there is a possibility of federal charges, since there is lying to the FBI. Would that lead to federal charges? Or, since the feds are working with the locals, would they remain solely state charges?

Personally, I believe there's more than is being reported. Otherwise, why would Conway bring up the immunity issue? I mean, if his clients are truly innocent or any wrongdoing, as he espoused, then from what is he seeking immunity?

ITA, the fact that the immunity issue even came up is enough to make you go hmmm. I don't believe that the A's will be charged with anything (if they are at all) until after Casey's trial though.

I saw earlier that the As never followed up on their initial FBI interviews. They were supposed to, but never returned. When the interviews were broadcast in the media, the As feigned shock about having been recorded.

I know around the time of Larry Garrison's departure as Spokesman, Cindy's emails were forwarded to the FBI, as were the "hacked" emails to Kathy Belich. At that time, Cindy indicated that "now that Nejame is no longer representing us, we are free to meet with the FBI again," which I thought was odd because I am sure he never prevented them from doing so. He may have advised them about being cautious about lying to the Feds.

Cindy has made it her mantra that lying isn't a crime, but I think she may find that does not apply.

I agree - don't go into shock!:) I would be completely blown away to find out that GA or CA helped dispose of the body. BUT I do believe that they have;
1. Knowingly lied about KC's past behavior, making her out to be "mother of the year" yet other's have made statements that claim that CA said that KC was a sociopath, liar, thief, etc...
2. Knowingly lied about events that lead up to the 15th of June, as well as what actually took place between CA & KC at their home on June 15th
3.) Knowingly lied about details relating to contact with KC, whether by phone or in person, between June 15th thru July 14th
4.) Knowingly lied about missing items from inside or outside of their home that may have been related to the case
5.) Knowingly cleaned & removed items from a vehicle that they had expressed concerns about in relation to the smell & the fact that a daughter & grandchild were missing (to the guy at the tow yard including GA explaining that his daughter & grandchild were missing in addition to CA's 911 call, "it smells like theres been a damn dead body in the car")
6.) Knowingly withholding evidence such as Klee's hairbrush, jcpenny reciepts and god knows what else
7.) Making false claims of sitings of Klee in the hope of taking the focus off of KC

I'm pretty sure that others could easily add to this list things that stand out to them.

I do have a question though, how does any of the things that CA & GA have done throughout this case thusfar, such as those listed above, exhibit or validate their love for Klee? Could you please explain that to me? I could see (although I wouldn't do it for my sons nor would they do it for me, we all had this conversation last night around the table when they all stopped in for a visit, we all agreed that this is far from love - love should never require this) how they might claim that out of their (sick)love for KC they did these things for her but where is the love for Caylee in any of this?

You left a bunch of things out that they have done........but I'll let you slide, lol. I think they love Caylee, and miss her terribly. I think they lye in bed every night wondering where Casey killed her, why Casey killed her, how Casey killed her, and where Casey left her after she killed her. They knew from day one she was dead, but they were not going to admit it, because they don't want to lose Casey. It's really all that simple. It's sick.....but it's really easy to figure out. Some parents are enablers, some aren't. Some will crawl to the end of the earth to protect their child, some won't. I'd personally come unglued and my daughter would want to go to jail by the time I was done with her.

Should they be charged??? Yes! Will they be charged??? Doubt it. This is a slam dunk for the prosecution. They don't even need Cindy to testify. If Cindy goes under oath and lies "again" then I think they might bring up charges.

You left a bunch of things out that they have done........but I'll let you slide, lol. I think they love Caylee, and miss her terribly. I think they lye in bed every night wondering where Casey killed her, why Casey killed her, how Casey killed her, and where Casey left her after she killed her. They knew from day one she was dead, but they were not going to admit it, because they don't want to lose Casey. It's really all that simple. It's sick.....but it's really easy to figure out. Some parents are enablers, some aren't. Some will crawl to the end of the earth to protect their child, some won't. I'd personally come unglued and my daughter would want to go to jail by the time I was done with her.

Should they be charged??? Yes! Will they be charged??? Doubt it. This is a slam dunk for the prosecution. They don't even need Cindy to testify. If Cindy goes under oath and lies "again" then I think they might bring up charges.

I love the statue of Lady Liberty, who is blindfolded.....the law applies to everyone or it shouldn't apply to anyone. Grief isn't an excuse for bad behavior or breaking the law. To what extent that gets prosecuted isn't up to anyone here.

Clearly, it is up for consideration by the Prosecutors who don't need either grand parent to testify--George's testimony is secured in the Grand Jury transcripts and Cindy has yet to be truthful in court. This isn't necessarily about what they might say in trial it's about something or things they have already done, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003