OCSO Claims No New Charges On The Horizon

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you go on that assumption then there must be abuse because the child abuse detectives were involved from the beginning and still involved.

I do not disagree with that. The detectives have to determine exactly what happened.

It's kind of hard to classify a death as a homicide unless you have proof that the person died at the hand of another. I believe LE has struggled with the possibilty that this was an accidental death, which would not make it a homicide. As soon as they have enough evidence to classify it as a homicide, we will know b/c kc will be back in jail.

ANY suspicious death is investigated by homicide detectives. It is up THEM to determine whether the death was accidental or not. Either she is a missing child, in which case the proper LE unit is indeed investigating the case, or she is a dead child, in which case the homicide unit should be in charge. Until such time as the case is turned over to them I will assume they are looking for a live child.

I have a friend that is a Defense Attorney for the State of Florida. I just emailed her to ask her best legal opinion. Hopefully she will say that the neglect charges will not hinder a murder charge.

Cool! Let us know when you hear back! It will be nice to get an expert opinion.

I just can't understand why they haven't been actively searching for a body. LE has the staff for it. The longer they wait, the worse the condition of the evidence.

the biggest problem is the amount of water currently covering ground that KC had easy access to in June. If Caylee has been outside in the elements since June waiting at this point doesn't make a lot of difference.

I think LE knows exactly where to look thanks to pings and even possibly toll records but they just can't access the areas due to water left by the heavy rains. If this does turn into premeditated murder, the time she chose to commit the acts will come into it. And I don't think the argument she had with her mother on 6-15 had anything to do with it.

I do not disagree with that. The detectives have to determine exactly what happened.

ANY suspicious death is investigated by homicide detectives. It is up THEM to determine whether the death was accidental or not. Either she is a missing child, in which case the proper LE unit is indeed investigating the case, or she is a dead child, in which case the homicide unit should be in charge. Until such time as the case is turned over to them I will assume they are looking for a live child.

Honestly, I am not going to argue the dead / alive theory. I don't think it is relevant as to which department is investigating what. If it makes you feel better that they haven't turned it over to homicide, then you have every right to feel that way. To me, it doesn't change my views at all.

Actually, Seranade, I don't think that statement is quite accurate. I am not 100% positive about OSCO but in other areas, if a case starts out as domestic battery, say wife stabs husband, than the Domestic crimes unit (or whatever term is used by that agency) is called out. If the husband dies two days later, the same detectives stay on the case. Now that is not how every agency handles it, but I think that is how it works in most police departments.

I think that is what will happen in the Anthony case when Caylee's body is found - Missing persons, i.e. Det. Melich, will stay the lead detective with tons of assistance from Homicide and other units. Because it is such a tangled, time consuming case, personnel are being pulled into it as needed.

I do agree with you...things were definitely botched. I was very surprised to learn in CA's interview that she has not turned over her credit card statements. Why were the police just waiting for those? If they hadn't gotten them in a certain amount of time why didn't they get a court order for them? Why did they let the car sit there when even the police could smell something was wrong with that car? And in LA's interview he told police that his mom emptied CA's purse and took stuff out of it; they acted like they didn't even know that happened. But I will say this: CA did have a month's headstart in her lies, etc and I think LE is trying to fit all her lies together on their huge calendar. No doubt, this has been one challenging case for them to unravel. And I do not believe CA will serve any time other than what she's spent in jail in the past for her check fraud/forgery case. I believe, unless they find baby CA's body, CA will never be charged. JMO

There was a LE officer present when KC's purse and belongings were searched. According to interview with LA, LEO told them to dump her stuff on the floor. When KC's wallet was searched there was 'something' behind her drivers license it looked like a temporary ID or beginners DL. LE grabbed it immediately. They have a list of the chg receipts that KC was carrying around, they can get the original copies directly from the chg companies. They are aware of everything CA is withholding and can get what they need with one phone call to the judge. I believe they are treating CA as damaged goods, using kid gloves and compassion. At this point there really is no reason to start bullying her to try to get her to cooperate. It wouldn't help them.

I believe she will be charged in good time, They have said there was evidence of a body in the car and thier evidence so far says its Caylee, A body is good to have , but even if they have Parts{hair, fluid, etc} hopefiully that will be just as good, which trial comes first, the economic crime charges, or the neglect charges?? Anyone know??

TIA Poppy

I've been thinking about this for a while, I'm still up on the air if you can charge murder 1/2 after you start prosecuting neglect. Academically it would depend on what the "neglect" actus reus was of the crime - in plain language, what HAPPENED that they charged.

The textbook example is in the old days, to be charged with murder the victim had to die within a year and a day of the battery. If you were charged with battery, and the person died 2 years later, no murder charge. Now, in every state, there's no statute of limitations for murder - BUT in these "classic" examples, you have a defined event: A hit B with a baseball bat. A attacked B. If B dies from As attack (and you have to satisfy 2 different standards of causation -- did As attack physically cause B to be in that position, and was As attack the sole/main/"proximate" cause of Bs situation [A could get off if B contracted an infection at the hospital]), then A can be charged with murder.

But here, you are saying the event is Caylee missing. By charging neglect, are you implicitly saying CA was NOT the cause of death?

There are "slayer statutes" where you can't inherit from someone you kill - and in the past they said specifically "convicted of murder" - so if you were only convicted of manslaughter (even if it was homocide - mitigating circumstances), you COULD inherit b/c the law said by being convicted of manslaughter you were tacitly cleared of murder.

I'd give links but you can probably just google "criminal procedure text" and I'm sure some of the old rules are online. Also google "Model Penal Code" - which is the base of a majority of jurisdictions criminal law

I would like to know why we only heard of TES hunting for Caylees body? (which has been stopped till who knows when because the Anthonys sabbatogged that too!)
Doesnt the LE look for bodies? (Yes I know volunteers have gone too, but they need boats/resources). They need the LE!
Very discouraged here, just feel as though LE is giving the Anthonys what they want ie Casey remains free and the Anthonys are letting people have doubt Caylees out there alive when shes NOT.
Its so aggravating and Caseys laughing. May be the perfect crime?

I think you can take what Tim said at face value. They need the waters to recede, to resume searching. TES will be back, and couldn't care less if the A's are with them or not. For Tim, it really is all about Caylee.

I posted this in july:

12.6 gallon road trip
http://www.automotive.com/1998/09/po...ire/index.html the Car the poi was driving was a 98 Pontiac Sunfire. The above link demonstrates that for this particular car, the miles per gallon is 24 miles per gallon in the city and 34 miles per gallon on the highway.

June gas prices in Orlando florida were an average of 3.95. Grandpa stated around fifty dollars of gas were stolen 24 June. Not knowing when he filled those cans I will estimate at the June average price... which means there were arounnd 12.6 gallons of gas.
http://www.orlandogasprices.com/

She now has 12.6 gallons of gas in her pontiac sunfire. We know her car, when abandoned at amscott, was out of gas. 12.6 gallons of gas in a sunfire will go 302.4 miles. That would be 151.2 miles each way. So what locations can be around 150 miles from Orlando? Where could the poi have went on a 150 mile road trip... could she have dumped the body at this time?

The $50.00 included the 2 cans and probably the broken lock. She got about 4 gallons total from both cans!

I really don't understand, finding a body will give them nothing more, they already have Caylee dead in the trunk, with chloroform as the murdering agent, what more do they want?

That is not true. How do they know that chloroform was what killed Caylee if they don't have the body?

This is so depressing. I bet this woman will get away with this. I hope they charge her anyway come November. They may get a conviction with what they have. I think Nancy Grace would have charged her long ago. She would know how to put together a case to get Casey put away for good. I don't know what wrong with FL LE or the DA there. I know its more difficult without a body but it is not impossible. Also LE has never looked very hard for that body which peeves me.

OMG! Perhaps you should do some research on how "well" NG prosecuted some cases. She came close to being disbarred.

I was disappointed this morning when I read that news, because last week they said that charges would be coming soon, and it looked like everything was falling in place. For weeks, we kept hearing that the evidence was very strong and now hear that it is being retested. But I did not state that I was losing confidence in OCSD... far from it. I am just getting a little impatient because Casey is walking around with that smirk on her face and eating Mom's cooking and sleeping in a comfortable bed... while her baby is out there somewhere decomposing.
I DO want them to have it sewed up nice and tight with NO chance she will get away with it. And I believe it will happen. But I'm old and I don't have a lot of time left.... so I want to see justice done.

OK, I went and listened to this segment on the Today show. I think it is all taken out of context. OK, after watching this, in my opinion, it is ONLY this REPORTERS conclusion that there is not enough evidence to try Casey for murder. All sheriff Beary said is that it is difficult because there is no body. He didn't say anything else. He didn't say there are no charges coming. This report wants you to believe they don't have much on her and that they don't have anything to charge her with but thats not what Beary said. This whole report was made up of old clips of Baez and old news. Except for one small clip of beary saying it is difficult when there is no body. That could be old too for all I know. Thats ALL he said. Everything else was reporter interjection. I wouldn't take this to heart too much. I wish someone would interview LE on this and find out the real scoop but I don't think LE wants us to know anything yet.

Thank you for that!! That makes it much easier to digest. Sometimes the media gets it SO wrong!

I just want to say again what a privilege, and a thrill, it is to be among such intelligent, logical, thoughtful people who also treat each other with courtesy. I very rarely feel any desire to participate in forums, but I've never seen a site like this one.

Amen to that! I read some other boards, and the in-fighting and rudeness are so annoying. We have some very nice posters here, don't we? Plus the admin and the mods are just great for keeping us all in line and mopping up!

Reference the Kevin Beary statement earlier today.

Something that was added by the newscaster that I found odd is that LE does not have the one piece of forensics evidence that ties the decomposition in the car to Caylee in a positive manner. This means that even though they found decomp in the car, the body farm confirmed decomp smell in the car, and they found hair in the car with the "death ring" around the folicle, they can't tie it all together and prove that the hair is Caylee's. This to me, is very disturbing. Why on earth can't they prove the hair is Caylee's through DNA? Something very "hinky" is going on with the DNA then in that family. If they can't definatevely prove that the hair strand is Caylee's, there HAS TO BE a DNA anomoly going on there, and I would like for a DNA expert to explain to us what that anomoly is and what causes it.
I don't know this for sure, but maybe they need DNA from the bio father of Caylee to determine if it is Caylee's hair. Maybe that's why they have asked so many questions about who the father is.

I have been wondering if any of Casey's former conquests have manned up and come forward to provide thier DNA to help the investigation.
With this case being so high profile, it could bring quite a few out of the woodwork. There has to be a few with the integrity to try to help.
This mystery may have been solved already for all we know. :confused:

I have been wondering if any of Casey's former conquests have manned up and come forward to provide thier DNA to help the investigation.
With this case being so high profile, it could bring quite a few out of the woodwork. There has to be a few with the integrity to try to help.
This mystery may have been solved already for all we know. :confused:

L Padilla should put up $250,000 to the person who can prove they are Caylee's biological dad.

Now thur's and idee:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I think it would be a mistake to believe everything is as Cindy presents it. She is clearly not living in the same world as everyone else. Just because they didn't take the statement copies she offered doesn't mean they don't have them and much more directly from the CC company via a warrant.
:clap:jThank you! I agree. Just because no one has been arrested, doesn't mean that any of the Anthony's are ahead or smarter than the police. In Cindy's interview LE mentioned that Casey hadn't been out of the immediate area, not to Jacksonville etc, so they already had the phone records, pings, etc. I think she will be arrested this week, just a guess

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber
Back