OCSO Claims No New Charges On The Horizon

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Of course they are, they have not found a body!

Don't need a body if you have forensic evidence of death. If they have forensic evidence of death, the logical thing to do is turn the case over to Homicide and let them be responsible for finding the body.

I do agree with you...things were definitely botched. I was very surprised to learn in CA's interview that she has not turned over her credit card statements. Why were the police just waiting for those? If they hadn't gotten them in a certain amount of time why didn't they get a court order for them? Why did they let the car sit there when even the police could smell something was wrong with that car? And in LA's interview he told police that his mom emptied CA's purse and took stuff out of it; they acted like they didn't even know that happened. But I will say this: CA did have a month's headstart in her lies, etc and I think LE is trying to fit all her lies together on their huge calendar. No doubt, this has been one challenging case for them to unravel. And I do not believe CA will serve any time other than what she's spent in jail in the past for her check fraud/forgery case. I believe, unless they find baby CA's body, CA will never be charged. JMO

I think it would be a mistake to believe everything is as Cindy presents it. She is clearly not living in the same world as everyone else. Just because they didn't take the statement copies she offered doesn't mean they don't have them and much more directly from the CC company via a warrant.

Beary said, at this time, there are no new charges on the horizon for Casey.

What time was this statement made?
Could there be new charges now?..................

What about now?.....................

now?

Patience is not my thing..

If they so desparately need a body to pin this on her then why hasn't OCSO asked TES to come back and search. Surely the water has receded and areas can now be searched that couldn't weeks ago.

TES is coming back. I'm not sure when exactly but Tim has said this himself. Not sure if you've ever been to Florida, but it's a bit swampy here and it may take a little more time than other places for waters to recede and for the ground to be stable enough to search.

As far as what specific department is working on this case, I believe it is a combined effort of many different detectives from many different "departments" within OCSO and the FBI. I would not let that influence you as to which way this case is going, I believe it may be just a technicallity (sp?) If they officialy classify it as a "homicide" case, it may affect the current neglect charges they are "holding" her bond in relation to. IMO it is usually officially classified as a homicide case when they rule someone's death a homicide. Perhaps they are mulling over the cause of death, and w/o a body it is hard to say. That is IMO the hold up on additional charges as well.

Doesn't change the fact that the Missing Person's Unit is still in charge of the case.

True, but they are working with Homicide, and the detective in chase has Homicide experience. IMO, the missing person's unit still officially has the case only to appease the Anthony's and maintain a congenial relationship as long as possible. Regardless of what Cindy has done, or may do, or may be charged with later, they also want to be able to say they treated the victim's family kindly.

And at what point do they say, we are not going to find her body, we need to decide to charge her or let her get away with murder.

When they have completed their investigation. If they were to make charges now and Baez requested a speedy trial, they better be ready for trial in just a matter of 3 months or so. They have time - why rush it just to satisfy the public? Better safe than sorry. It doesn't mean they don't have enough evidence to charge her with, they are still completing their case.

Link please. How do we know that missing persons is still in charge of the case?

Det Melich is still in charge of this investigation and he works for the Missing Persons Unit. Although, he previously worked for Homicide, IIRC. I don't think it's a big deal that the case hasn't been turned over to homicide formally; afterall, they do work together. I think some are reading too much into this. I'm quite sure homicide became involved when they began the testing on the car, etc. (Angelonline - this post isn't necessarily directed at you.)

True, but they are working with Homicide, and the detective in chase has Homicide experience. IMO, the missing person's unit still officially has the case only to appease the Anthony's and maintain a congenial relationship as long as possible. Regardless of what Cindy has done, or may do, or may be charged with later, they also want to be able to say they treated the victim's family kindly.

Thank you MW! I saw your post after I responded. I agree completely!

now?

Me either <g>. But, I agree. That could be a true statement at 2pm today and by tomorrow morning at 9, it's no longer true.

Being punished by the law and being put to death are only two ways a person can be punished. Trust me, as popular as this case has been, do you think she will ever be able to get a job? Even if her parents keep supporting her, they won't live forever. Eventually Lee will get married, and have a family of his own. Do you think he'll want her around then?
What about her friends?

One way or another, the life Casey once new is over. Things will always be tough for her, and people will walk up to her probably for the rest of her life and call her a baby killer. Trust me, she won't get off free and clear, and resume her normal life. That's what she's hoping for...it never works out that way.

Just wanted to emphasize this because it's such an important point. JMO, but not being charged and/or found guilty may be just as punitive if not more so than the alternative. After all, at least in jail Casey would likely be sequestered. She will never have that luxury on the outside.

now?

Mine either SM! It's kind of like a child on a road trip...."are we there yet?" :crazy:

OCSO will do this investigation as thoroughly as possible. Homicide interviewed Jess G. Domestic Violence did someone else. It does not matter. It is all just labels attached to skilled and experienced investigators.No way OSCO would swing an entire investigation to appease any group...including the Anthony family.

My guess would be time and date of death that will completely tie Casey to the incident.

I think they already have a date, I think what is more important is motive and opportunity. Casey is the only person who has both in great quantities.

I realize LE was impeded by KC not reporting Caylee missing for a month, but in my opinion, they have botched this right from the beginning. 1 Why was CA allowed to wash the pants? 2 Why did JB get the receipts and decide which ones to give them? 3 Why was LA allowed to retrieve her stuff from TonE? 4 Why in the he** wasn't the car taken into custody ASAP & not allowed to sit in their garage reeking of a dead human being? 5 Why was she allowed bond when she cannot produce where her 2 year old (3 year old now!) child is located dead or alive? Travesty of justice and I am convinced she will not be prosecuted for Caylee's death. The whole family should burn in hell as far as I am concerned. I just can't waste any more time on this case since justice will never come. Now I understand why Greta stopped reporting on it. Waste, a HUGE waste!!!:mad:

1 she took evidence out of the car before LE was called
2 LE were busy looking for a baby and didn't worry about financial crimes initially
3 they were busy looking for a child when Lee took off and retrieved items, he was told not to worry about cell phone that LE would take care of this I guess
they should have been more specific with him!
4 the car was retrieved shortly after KC was arrested, less than 24 hours after LE was on scene. it seemed like LE was at the house most of the time once the missing child call was placed.
5 everyone is allowed bond in our system. I'm with you though, last person seen with child won't present child is as good a reason to hold someone as I've ever heard.

Doesn't change the fact that the Missing Person's Unit is still in charge of the case.

If you go on that assumption then there must be abuse because the child abuse detectives were involved from the beginning and still involved.

It's kind of hard to classify a death as a homicide unless you have proof that the person died at the hand of another. I believe LE has struggled with the possibilty that this was an accidental death, which would not make it a homicide. As soon as they have enough evidence to classify it as a homicide, we will know b/c kc will be back in jail.

I do agree with you...things were definitely botched. I was very surprised to learn in CA's interview that she has not turned over her credit card statements. Why were the police just waiting for those? If they hadn't gotten them in a certain amount of time why didn't they get a court order for them? Why did they let the car sit there when even the police could smell something was wrong with that car? And in LA's interview he told police that his mom emptied CA's purse and took stuff out of it; they acted like they didn't even know that happened. But I will say this: CA did have a month's headstart in her lies, etc and I think LE is trying to fit all her lies together on their huge calendar. No doubt, this has been one challenging case for them to unravel. And I do not believe CA will serve any time other than what she's spent in jail in the past for her check fraud/forgery case. I believe, unless they find baby CA's body, CA will never be charged. JMO

The charges she has pending will get her jail time. She is not going to walk on any of them because the Feds are involved in the bank fraud.

I believe LE has all they need already. They are just hoping before they have to charge her they will find the body, and I believe they will. They have no reason to hurry. Time is on their side...........they can even drop the child abuse/ neglect charges and recharge her later since she will be in jail over the fraud charges. The idenity theft involves Homeland Security, so don't think she is going to walk on this.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back