OCSO Claims No New Charges On The Horizon

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes it does, doesn't it?

As has been stated before, people have been tried successfully for murder without a body. IF they have incontrovertible forensic proof that Caylee was dead in the trunk they could try her, no ifs ands or buts.

Respectuflly, Seranade, Neither LE or the DA or the States Attorney has said they are NOT going to try Casey. They just have not arrested her YET on any type of homicide charge. I did not read Sheriff Beary's statement as saying they won't charge her, he is saying its a long, difficult road.

Of course we all have our opinions and we won't know who is right or wrong until the case comes up for trial. Even then, whether Casey is convicted or not, there will always be differences of opinion on this case. It's going to be an interesting ride, one way or another!

It still bothers me if these quotes are true. I contend they wouldn't lie, only withhold.
And the fact there is zero information on any searches going on right now..... These are not hopeful things.

I realize LE was impeded by KC not reporting Caylee missing for a month, but in my opinion, they have botched this right from the beginning. Why was CA allowed to wash the pants? Why did JB get the receipts and decide which ones to give them? Why was LA allowed to retrieve her stuff from TonE? Why in the he** wasn't the car taken into custody ASAP & not allowed to sit in their garage reeking of a dead human being? Why was she allowed bond when she cannot produce where her 2 year old (3 year old now!) child is located dead or alive? Travesty of justice and I am convinced she will not be prosecuted for Caylee's death. The whole family should burn in hell as far as I am concerned. I just can't waste any more time on this case since justice will never come. Now I understand why Greta stopped reporting on it. Waste, a HUGE waste!!!:mad:

Agree with everything you said.
I heard Cindy say in the police video that they (Anthony's) offered all this stuff up and the police did not take it. HUGE mistake. :mad:
I feel as though Caylee will never get justice and her grandparents are a part of that problem. If KC can kill her child she can kill her parents and they should think about that.

Just last year in Bradenton, Maribel Chavez was tried for neglect of her child and then later tried for her liability in the death of that child. But the two incidents were not related. The first incident was more abuse than neglect--burns, fracture, bruising. The death occurred when a stove fell atop the child who suffocated for an hour while the drugged mother overslept.
~snip~

OMG how horrible

IMO what they currently have is insubstantial to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

No eye witnesses. No body. No confession.

That is heavily in the defenses favor.

I just want to say again what a privilege, and a thrill, it is to be among such intelligent, logical, thoughtful people who also treat each other with courtesy. I very rarely feel any desire to participate in forums, but I've never seen a site like this one.

They are a wonderful group of people aren't they?

But Florida has a loophole:

LOOPHOLE COULD ALLOW CASEY TO BEAT SYSTEM

A loophole could allow Caylee Anthony's mother to beat the system. She's still only facing charges of child neglect and giving false statements.

If her attorney asks for a speedy trial, they could be the only charges she ever faces. Florida law prohibits a person from being tried on more serious charges at a later date if the person stands trial for something that's related.

"If you lose a kid and that results in a child's death, that's one and the same case, because those are manslaughter charges," said board-certified trial attorney Richard Hornsby.

If Casey was found guilty of child neglect, she would only serve up to five years in prison versus a maximum of life for murder. Still, detectives have never said that Caylee Anthony is dead or that Casey is under investigation for murder or manslaughter.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17193405/detail.html

My understanding is they would have to drop the neglect charges and then charge her for murder.

I have a friend that is a Defense Attorney for the State of Florida. I just emailed her to ask her best legal opinion. Hopefully she will say that the neglect charges will not hinder a murder charge.

Why in the he** wasn't the car taken into custody ASAP & not allowed to sit in their garage reeking of a dead human being? :mad:

That has bothered me also, just why wasn't that car impounded it is EVIDENCE and a key piece at that. It boggles my mind that it was left in garage.

<snip>I wouldn't take this to heart too much. I wish someone would interview LE on this and find out the real scoop but I don't think LE wants us to know anything yet.

Maybe if we promise to keep it a secret! ;)

I revel in the fact that she will never forget the smell of her dead childs corpse. Sad that it is and horrible as it is, I hope it haunts her for the rest of her life.
It will not haunt her, she does not care, she is ready to get on with her life. Just as soon as this annoying thing with the police is over.

Well...Is this the first time the OSC has publicly referred to the case as a "homicide case"??? If so, that's quite a relevant statement!

Good catch pink panther! IMO, this statement is a very clever move, I hope JB and casey get caught with their guard down.

If what has been released due to the freedom of information is any indication, they have a wealth of evidence against her even without precious Caylee's body. I have all of the confidence in the world in LE. Time is on THEIR side.

It will not haunt her, she does not care, she is ready to get on with her life. Just as soon as this annoying thing with the police is over.

BRAVO!!!:clap::clap: That sums up Casey to a Tee!!!

Everyone who has been a victim of her lies, theft, etc., everyone who spent even 1 hour searchng for Caylee, everyone who has donated money to either the Anthonys or TES, everyone here on WS and the millions of people in the US who are angry and frustrated over this whole thing - We are the ones who will be haunted by this case for a long, long time.

Casey, nah, she will be too busy making all sorts of new 'friends' in prison:)

That has bothered me also, just why wasn't that car impounded it is EVIDENCE and a key piece at that. It boggles my mind that it was left in garage.

We buzzed around this earlier but I believe they took immediate possession of the car. I think it was just the paperwork George signed that wasn't done until the next day.

yep.....what a waste, a huge waste!! :woohoo:
I do agree with you...things were definitely botched. I was very surprised to learn in CA's interview that she has not turned over her credit card statements. Why were the police just waiting for those? If they hadn't gotten them in a certain amount of time why didn't they get a court order for them? Why did they let the car sit there when even the police could smell something was wrong with that car? And in LA's interview he told police that his mom emptied CA's purse and took stuff out of it; they acted like they didn't even know that happened. But I will say this: CA did have a month's headstart in her lies, etc and I think LE is trying to fit all her lies together on their huge calendar. No doubt, this has been one challenging case for them to unravel. And I do not believe CA will serve any time other than what she's spent in jail in the past for her check fraud/forgery case. I believe, unless they find baby CA's body, CA will never be charged. JMO

We buzzed around this earlier but I believe they took immediate possession of the car. I think it was just the paperwork George signed that wasn't done until the next day.
Oh Ok thanks I must have missed that, now I feel a little better, Just a little though:)

I do agree with you...things were definitely botched. I was very surprised to learn in CA's interview that she has not turned over her credit card statements. Why were the police just waiting for those? If they hadn't gotten them in a certain amount of time why didn't they get a court order for them? Why did they let the car sit there when even the police could smell something was wrong with that car? And in LA's interview he told police that his mom emptied CA's purse and took stuff out of it; they acted like they didn't even know that happened. But I will say this: CA did have a month's headstart in her lies, etc and I think LE is trying to fit all her lies together on their huge calendar. No doubt, this has been one challenging case for them to unravel. And I do not believe CA will serve any time other than what she's spent in jail in the past for her check fraud/forgery case. I believe, unless they find baby CA's body, CA will never be charged. JMO

Cindy said there were things that she offered LE that they didn't want. And why did it take 3 weeks for LE to send CSI to the Anthony home? And it did take 24 hours for them to take possession of the car. That is too long to wait.

BRAVO!!!:clap::clap: That sums up Casey to a Tee!!!

Everyone who has been a victim of her lies, theft, etc., everyone who spent even 1 hour searchng for Caylee, everyone who has donated money to either the Anthonys or TES, everyone here on WS and the millions of people in the US who are angry and frustrated over this whole thing - We are the ones who will be haunted by this case for a long, long time.

Casey, nah, she will be too busy making all sorts of new 'friends' in prison:)

I know that she will have to go to jail for something,whether it be for fraud ETC: or Caylee's murder who knows but she will go.
Now! just think how stunned Casey will be when this happens, she has gotten away with all her sneakyness, theivery, lying all her life.
She really believes that if they do not find Caylee she will get off. Because of who she is,I would bet my house that she thinks she is going to skate on this (After all she IS Casey).
She is going to be mighty shocked! and I for one cannot wait.

"Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary said they are still waiting for more DNA results involving the Casey Anthony case.

Beary said, at this time, there are no new charges on the horizon for Casey.

He does say it is difficult to charge her with anything related to the disappearance of Caylee due to the fact that they are missing a key piece of evidence.

"It’s a very sensitive case and it is always tough where if you end up going down that path of working a homicide case without a body is even tougher," said Beary.

A spokesperson for Jose Baez's office, Casey's attorney, said if they had any real evidence, they would have already charged Casey." Channel 13 News Orlando

If she gets off "scott free" with this crime, she'll be looking over her shoulders the rest of her life. Some crazy person will probably get her.

I have a friend that is a Defense Attorney for the State of Florida. I just emailed her to ask her best legal opinion. Hopefully she will say that the neglect charges will not hinder a murder charge.
But, being lost is not how Caylee died. She did not die, if my instincts (and the apparent evidence) are correct, as a result of KC neglectfully "losing" her". Instead, she died because "mom" killed her. Those are two different things. KC was neglectful in not reporting the disappearance for 31 days (or ever) and in lying to LE about leads that could help find the child. Caylee did not die as a result of that neglect (or, in other words, as a result of her mom failing to report her missing or because mom lied about where she was or the "leads" she had). Caylee was dead before she went "missing". Thus, per the news report you quoted, double jeopardy would NOT attach.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RN527
Back