Off Topic/Chit Chat

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a rant about rude people on cell phones! If someone takes the time to stop and chat with you for a couple minutes while out for coffee, for doG's sake don't be rude and sit there on a pointless cell phone call you started after agreeing you would chat/catch up, and then ignore them while they sit across from you at a table. At least be a decent human being and tell them you don't have time to chat. Such rudeness. Today it only took me about 4 min to get up and leave. Last time this happened I was visiting an acquaintance in the hospital and she took cell phone call after cell phone call for the 45 min I was there visiting. And I was worried about getting up and leaving and looking rude. heh.

After cringing at the thought of leaving work in the rain and going and standing outdoors for hours waiting to get into my local elementary school to vote, I was just advised my SO got in and out within 10 minutes just now... NO LINES!!! Woohoo!!

Yes, I did. at about 10:00 AM and there was no line. My location had had 500 voters by that time.

Attached is my great boy Joe. I longed for one of these dogs for 4 years and had to wait until I retired from the Air Force first so one wouldn't be in a crate all day.

I just retired (1 Oct). I actually got him in Feb 08 and my oldest daughter watched him during the day :)

The breeder has TWENTY-THREE more available now!!! Meant to have 10 or so and two of the others "got together".

www.naviopwd.com

What a handsome dog!

I would like to know if there is a way to lock a TV so that you have to know a code to put in to turn it on?

I would like to know if there is a way to lock a TV so that you have to know a code to put in to turn it on?

You can set parental codes for ALL ratings (G, PG etc)...This does not prevent someone from turning it on and playing video games. If that is the problem, take the power cord with you.

You can set parental codes for ALL ratings (G, PG etc)...This does not prevent someone from turning it on and playing video games. If that is the problem, take the power cord with you.

Video games not the problem... I also just discovered something on the internet called "Lock Out" where they put a combination lock through holes in the plug so it can't be plugged in... I will check out the parental codes! (Does every channel have a rating, so that it can block out all TV watching?)Thanks!

Video games not the problem... I also just discovered something on the internet called "Lock Out" where they put a combination lock through holes in the plug so it can't be plugged in... I will check out the parental codes! (Does every channel have a rating, so that it can block out all TV watching?)Thanks!

jmflu,

A lot of it depends on several factors.

1. What kind and age of TV you have. Many of them have channel lockout built in, regardless of the existance of a rating. This allows you to lock out channels that you do not want anyone to see.

2. If you have digital cable, the convertor box usually has a lockout function.

CyberPro

jmflu,

A lot of it depends on several factors.

1. What kind and age of TV you have. Many of them have channel lockout built in, regardless of the existance of a rating. This allows you to lock out channels that you do not want anyone to see.

2. If you have digital cable, the convertor box usually has a lockout function.

CyberPro

I believe we do have digital cable, and the TV is a brand new flat screen... so I will have to get that manual out!!

Thanks, CP... you really are your namesake... :)

Maja - BEAUTIFUL pup. I want him!!!! PLeeeaaassseeee......

Maja - BEAUTIFUL pup. I want him!!!! PLeeeaaassseeee......

Thank you sweetie...he is an awesome dog! Again, the breeder www.naviopwd.com has been breeding for over 18 years and if you, or someone you know/love (sound like a commercial, don't I) want one, I recommend speaking with Ms. Patty Cazenave :0)

These dogs do not shed and really have hair versus fur. He is hypoallergenic too :0)

Jeffrey MacDonald, the "Fatal Vision" military doctor convicted of murdering his wife and children at Fort Bragg 38 years ago, lost yet another courthouse battle this week when a federal judge dismissed his most recent appeal.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1284659.html

Do anyone think that his persistence through the years is because he is actually innocent? I personally wish he would just accept that he will die in prison and stop wasting my tax dollars with his appeals.

ITA Garner!!! Just let it go already, Jeffrey, gggeeeezzzzz

ITA Garner!!! Just let it go already, Jeffrey, gggeeeezzzzz

You guys just don't get it!

Don't you understand that every couple of years there is "startling new evidence" discoverend in this 34 year old case? I mean, let's just overlook the fact that this is the same "new evidence" that has been "discovered" in this case since the beginning... that is immaterial!

CyberPro

Hard for me to understand how someone can be that persistent, when they are guilty. Accept it and do the time for the crime.

Jilly,

He is adorable! He looks so proud, now he needs a date since he is dressed up.:crazy:

Amazing we can get our animals to take better pictures than our kids sometimes. I guess it is because they don't worry what their hair looks like, or if the makeup is just right, or their smile is a little off, etc.

No dates for him! :) He wouldn't even know what the opposite sex looks like. We've kept him in.
It is amazing how they take better pics. Maybe they're more symetrical. Peppurr loves the camera.
Thanks for his compliment!:) (and SG!)

Attached is my great boy Joe. I longed for one of these dogs for 4 years and had to wait until I retired from the Air Force first so one wouldn't be in a crate all day.

I just retired (1 Oct). I actually got him in Feb 08 and my oldest daughter watched him during the day :)

The breeder has TWENTY-THREE more available now!!! Meant to have 10 or so and two of the others "got together".

www.naviopwd.com

Ohhh!:clap:He's gorgeous Maja. I've never heard of this breed. Resembles a standard poodle in a way. Makes me wanna get another dog but peppurr would go ballistic.:crazy:

Hi everyone!
I don't post too often, but after seeing all of the adorable pictures of your sweet pets, I had to join in. :) My family adopted these sweethearts a few months ago to keep them from ending up at a shelter. They're bundles of energy, but we adore them!

2699187021_eb8230e344_b_d.jpg

Oh, NCB, they are so cute and lucky too. Cats always appear to be sleeping, but you can see those ears standing at attention no matter what. I have an adopted cat too. If I can only find a good photo...She looks kinda like this::cat:!

Oh, NCB, they are so cute and lucky too. Cats always appear to be sleeping, but you can see those ears standing at attention no matter what. I have an adopted cat too. If I can only find a good photo...She looks kinda like this::cat:!

I hope you can find a picture of her - I'd love to see her! How long have you had her?

You're right...they're always on alert! Mine have to check out every sound they hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper