Off Topic/Chit Chat

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your dog is beautiful! We have a black lab. I never thought I wanted a lab until we got her. She is so smart and is beyond terrific with my 2 year old daughter.

Thank you. I've never had to do anything like that and cried like a freaking baby with snot pouring down my face as it was happening. I was holding her face and looking right at her nearly nose to nose. I've never let her lick me in the face because I've seen what she would eat and lick....but right as the vet started injecting the drugs, she licked me 3 times on the nose then went limp. I won't be getting animals again for a long time.

Oh, NCSU, I hate that you had to go through that too. I went through that with three cats and two dogs over a period of 30 years. We always get recscue animals for our pets. They will live a long life, then they'd usually get cancer or kidney failure in the end. I'd have them euthanized when the first signs of suffering began.

Yes, the snot and the crying. My husband took the first pet we ever had. He wore a baseball cap so no one would see him crying. We cried for several weeks. After that I had to be the one to take the pets.

For our last dog who had Cushing's disease, our son and I took "Buddy" out for a last walk to terrorize his favorite ducks, then we took Buddy to the ice cream store for a small vanilla in a cup. At the vet, I sang to him his favorite song (You are my Sunshine). I sang that to him the day we got him because he was so afraid of us, since we rescued him from an abuse situation. He would not even bark for nearly a year, he was so afraid. He got through all that fear and became a big brave protecter and squirrel hunter! He could even fish with his paw in the creek.

After that, we won't be having any more dogs. It's too heartbreaking, even though we want every dog we see. You are right about being freed up to take impromptu trips to the mountains and beach. We love that.

So we have only a cat. She growls when strangers hit our turf. She brings lizards and frogs to my bed, unharmed. She uses a litter box, stays inside or on screened porch or deck only. Easy pet to have. Double sided pet tape protects my favorite chair from the times I forget to clip her claws.

Animals are better than people for companions in many cases, at least for me.

I just talked to my sister that lives in Cary. She had an improptu Halloween party at her house last night. One of the dads at the party dressed up as Brad Cooper in black & white stripes! I do love "of the moment" current event Halloween costumes!

I just talked to my sister that lives in Cary. She had an improptu Halloween party at her house last night. One of the dads at the party dressed up as Brad Cooper in black & white stripes! I do love "of the moment" current event Halloween costumes!

:eek:OMG! That is funny. I would love to know what the reactions of the party goers were.

I woke up in a cold sweat sometime in the middle of the night from a really creepy dream....I dreamt that someone on Halloween had laid a skeleton right in the spot that Nancy was found in that cul-de-sac. My heart was pounding and I was so freaked out it took me awhile to calm down and eventually get back to sleep. :eek: Obviously this case has gotten to me in many ways.

Sorry to change the subject (SG your nightmare would freak me out for a very long time :eek: and if I was close and had that dream I know I wouldn't be able to NOT check to make sure it didn't happen!!) --and my sympathy to all over the fur-babies... It's one of the hardest things in the world to do and it never gets any easier (if anything it gets worse).

I need to know if there are any drug store chains in Canada?? My OTC allergy meds aren't available here right now, and I've been paying waaay too much using places from online Canada pharmacy search results.

So I figure if there's a regular pharmacy that happens to be online, I might be able to get them for a more realistic price.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! TYIA!!!

Now that is too funny :floorlaugh:

Some people have a great imagination for Halloween:crazy:

To add to BC current attire....
I would like to see BC with a ball and chain around his ankle doing hard labor in the Lochmere community so everyone gets a glimpse of him like this.

Talk about demeaning, but hilarious IMO.

I remember seeing this when I visited my grandparents in SC many moons ago.

Don't worry SG, I will tell him you requested JA Young for yard work:)

BOY, do I ever feel safe in Cary right now. The rest of the village, however, is sort of without protection. FOUR of our town's finest are enjoying coffee a couple of feet from me. I did thank them for all their hard work on the Cooper case, and one said he had never seen anyone clapping at an arrest before. Nice guys. Tough job.

BOY, do I ever feel safe in Cary right now. The rest of the village, however, is sort of without protection. FOUR of our town's finest are enjoying coffee a couple of feet from me. I did thank them for all their hard work on the Cooper case, and one said he had never seen anyone clapping at an arrest before. Nice guys. Tough job.

LE does have a tough job indeed. On top of it, they have to deal with folks ignorant of the job constantly doubting their every move and accusing them of wrong doing (i.e. Mr. Hiller). They deserve a good round of applause - and a good cup of coffee.

BC's arrest deserved the applause too. Good on Cary PD !

BOY, do I ever feel safe in Cary right now. The rest of the village, however, is sort of without protection. FOUR of our town's finest there are certainly some of those! Oh, I bet you mean the slang and not looks :waitasec: are enjoying coffee a couple of feet from me. I did thank them for all their hard work on the Cooper case, and one said he had never seen anyone clapping at an arrest before. Nice guys. Tough job.

Bolding is mine...

I am happy you said something to them. :dance: It can be such a thankless job, not enough Thank You's.

I hope they are getting several positive comments from Cary citizens.

Awww, sorry to read the sad stories of our pet friends on here. My condolences. My mother is going through similar at the moment with her elderly canine companion having seizures due to a suspected brain tumor (up to 2-3 a day). Mom is having a difficult time in letting her go and the vet is keeping a close eye on the situation as far as any pain or suffering on the part of "Rags". It is very sad to watch.

On a brighter note:

My new dog tried to sneak under the back fence yesterday and got his head stuck between cement and a small chain link fence piece of my neighbor's corner. Scared me to death as I was concerned about it piercing his neck or head. We managed to free him with no problem, but he sure gave me quite a fright. I quickly fixed it to avoid another such attempt to escape.

I am thinking of renaming him "Houdini". He escaped from his first home and is how I ended up with him. He has managed to get away twice since then! He even learned how to stand up and do a jig to free himself of his halter while on the leash! (The vet said he had never seen that trick before! LOL)

Thank you. I've never had to do anything like that and cried like a freaking baby with snot pouring down my face as it was happening. I was holding her face and looking right at her nearly nose to nose. I've never let her lick me in the face because I've seen what she would eat and lick....but right as the vet started injecting the drugs, she licked me 3 times on the nose then went limp. I won't be getting animals again for a long time.

I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are like family members in many of our lives, and having to make this decision for them is one of the toughest thing to do.

I had to do it 7 years ago, a year following our collie's major stoke. The vet kept telling us her will to live and she showed this will. I nursed her 24/7, just like a human, carrying her every 2 hours outside, until she could do it on her own. A year later she was going blind, barely could hear, or walk, I knew her quality of life was gone.

Going to the vet, she thought she was going for a ride and got excited. I amost turned around.

She slept under the baby crib each time protecting them like they were one of her own, and was present with them every moment she could be. If she could have pushed the baby strollers she would have. She was a true collie inside and out, the kids best friend.

I remember telling her as she was injected, "Thank You for taking care of my babies."

Now I need to go clean the snot and tears up so my son doesn't see me and call the men in white uniforms to come get me.

I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are like family members in many of our lives, and having to make this decision for them is one of the toughest thing to do.

I had to do it 7 years ago, a year following our collie's major stoke. The vet kept telling us her will to live and she showed this will. I nursed her 24/7, just like a human, carrying her every 2 hours outside, until she could do it on her own. A year later she was going blind, barely could hear, or walk, I knew her quality of life was gone.

Going to the vet, she thought she was going for a ride and got excited. I amost turned around.

She slept under the baby crib each time protecting them like they were one of her own, and was present with them every moment she could be. If she could have pushed the baby strollers she would have. She was a true collie inside and out, the kids best friend.

I remember telling her as she was injected, "Thank You for taking care of my babies."

Now I need to go clean the snot and tears up so my son doesn't see me and call the men in white uniforms to come get me.

Thank you...I appreciate the note. My dog always got excited about car rides. But this one was different. She never made a sound, and when I got to the vet, I couldn't get her to come to the front of the cargo area (I have an explorer) so I could pick her up. She was scared to death. By the time the vet injected her, she had really calmed down. It was pretty peaceful, but feeling her go limp after licking me is something I'll never forget or get over. I literally felt her life leave her body.

I need to know if there are any drug store chains in Canada?? My OTC allergy meds aren't available here right now, and I've been paying waaay too much using places from online Canada pharmacy search results.

www.pharmacy.ca is the only one that I know of. I've bought from them before. If you have any trouble, PM me. I can always send it your way too. :)

I'm having problems with this site. When I try to go to User Control Panel, a message arises saying that I don't have permission to access it. I tried to go to Members List, just to see if I could get into that. No go. I have not posted anything to be banned for, nor have I done anything against WS rules, 'cause I've only been on this week as new user.

I tried to email WS's contact info. The message would not send. What the dickens is up? I can still post, obviously.

I'm having problems with this site. When I try to go to User Control Panel, a message arises saying that I don't have permission to access it. I tried to go to Members List, just to see if I could get into that. No go. I have not posted anything to be banned for, nor have I done anything against WS rules, 'cause I've only been on this week as new user.

I tried to email WS's contact info. The message would not send. What the dickens is up? I can still post, obviously.

I believe you have to have a certain number of posts to access the control panel. However, I am not sure just how many posts that is.

Perhaps you should email one of the administrators for assistance...and if you aren't able to access them directly through the site then use your external email program and copy their email addy and email them that way. I'm sure they'll be able to help you resolve your issue.

In the meantime, try clearing out your browser's cache as well as all cookies, just in case that is causing an issue.

Today was the most gorgeous day. I walked along one of the Umstead Park trails w/Madame. It was crowded but truly lovely.

Ohhhh God ncsu - I'm sooo sorry for you. It's simply heartbreaking. I put down my poodle 30 years ago and swore I'd never get another dog. Just too unbearably painful when they go.
Somehow, we found a kitten on the road in pretty bad shape. We rushed him to the shelter and long story short, they fixed him up and we adopted him. That was 9 yrs ago. Guess, I'll be going through it again one of these days. I guess, we just have to cherish them while we have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech