Off Topic/Chit Chat

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't aware his burglary was in Cary! I just found this Oct 18th news story about it:

http://www.thedurhamnews.com/need_to_know/story/167423.html

ETA: I corrected the date of the news article: Oct 18th.
Yes, this is my neighbor. The address is spelled wrong, it is Gorge Court.
Damn guys, this gives me the creeps to have such a scum bag around here, even if he was here only 1 time. This is a few homes away from me!

She knows she would be dead now if she confronted him. He has murdered anyone that got in his way. She heard him, but wouldn't open the door from the kitchen.

I heard the same night a Lexus was stolen in Magnolia Woods (off Penny Rd), right out of the garage. This is the one they got the keys out of the purse on the kitchen counter. IDK if this is true, but heard about it the same day I heard about my neighbor's break-in.

Yes, this is my neighbor. The address is spelled wrong, it is Gorge Court.
Damn guys, this gives me the creeps to have such a scum bag around here, even if he was here only 1 time. This is 3 homes away from me!

She knows she would be dead now if she confronted him. He has murdered anyone that got in his way. She heard him, but wouldn't open the door from the kitchen.

I heard the same night a Lexus was stolen in Magnolia Woods (off Penny Rd), right out of the garage. This is the one they got the keys out of the purse on the kitchen counter. IDK if this is true, but heard about it the same day I heard about my neighbor's break-in.

Hi Mom,

I don't blame you for being scared. Do you have an alarm system in your home? Please try and stay safe. Do you have outside motion detection lighting? My home was broken into a couple of yyears a go and I live in a VERY quiet neighborhood. Just a day or two after I was so unsettled and scared that hubby and I had an alarm installed and we change all of our outdoor lighting to motion detection lightin. I feel much safer now. BTW we hav three acres of land and three sides of our home is heavily wooded and we live on a corner. The number one situation a burgular looks for. :confused:

PS I keep meaning to get back to you re: Deadly Dose but I'm reading it- again. :crazy:

My friend has a 220 lb great dane...wanna borrow him? He's LOUD! He eats a LOT too! You'd need another couple trips to HT each week just for him. :wink:

My friend has a 220 lb great dane...wanna borrow him? He's LOUD! He eats a LOT too! You'd need another couple trips to HT each week just for him. :wink:
It appears this creep would have shot a dog if it got in his way. He had no regard for human life.

BTW... I think he's 17, and don't know if he is being tried as an adult or not. He is one sick person to take out 2 innocent citizens with a wonderful future ahead of them. What a waste of tax payers $$

Mom, I have contact for you regarding concrete countertops .. You may find answers to your questions.
http://www.concretecountertop.net/press/index.html
You can also google "concrete Evan Lloyd".. he writes a ton on the subject and he may respond to questions via email.
I have personally seen the office with the fireplace on his Home page and I can say it looks incredible.

Che
Thank You so much Che and :Welcome-12-june: to WS. It is so kind of you to come on here and answer my question.

I will certainly look his website over. This seems to be the new trend since it is so durable, and you can personalize it to your liking w/glass, stone, color, etc. I became focused on it when I saw the styles of sinks being poured as 1 unit with the counter tops. I didn't expect it to shine, but apparently it does as much as you want it to.

Thanks again for your help.

...and the GD is probablly a big BABY, too! Most are wonderful, loving family dogs.

A large mobile sign flashing "SNOW PLOWS IN USE" was on Holly Springs Road one day this week. Traffic crept along, cars turned around or turned onto Lilly Atkins. Finally up ahead I caught a glimpse of that dang snow plow, it was a garbage truck who was the culprit.
Was it a joke? Was it someone flipped the wrong switch? Was someone hoping for snow? Who knows...

But it finally forced me to turn up Campbell Rd, along side MeadowRidge where NC was found.

Someone asked awhile back if from Campbell Rd could you tell new homes were being built. NO, you can't tell, only a few of the older homes could be seen from Campbell thru the woods when you immediately turn off Holly Springs Road.

So locals, watch out for those snow plows when it is 65 degrees outside! I really do hope we have some snow plows used this winter, just 1 time and I will be happy. :crazy:

So locals, watch out for those snow plows when it is 65 degrees outside! I really do hope we have some snow plows used this winter, just 1 time and I will be happy. :crazy:

Mom, as long as it stays south of Tryon Rd., you can have all the snow you want. I've had all the snow in my lifetime I care to see. In fact, if we get a significant amount, I'll send all mine to you! :cold: :yuck:

Hi Mom,

I don't blame you for being scared. Do you have an alarm system in your home? Please try and stay safe. Do you have outside motion detection lighting? My home was broken into a couple of yyears a go and I live in a VERY quiet neighborhood. Just a day or two after I was so unsettled and scared that hubby and I had an alarm installed and we change all of our outdoor lighting to motion detection lightin. I feel much safer now. BTW we hav three acres of land and three sides of our home is heavily wooded and we live on a corner. The number one situation a burgular looks for. :confused:

PS I keep meaning to get back to you re: Deadly Dose but I'm reading it- again. :crazy:

Hi TG,

I need to write a review on Deadly Dose. I loved reading it. Amanda Lamb did a great job. I surely hope she writes another one, especially when MY and NC get solved.
Power struggle seems to always get in ones way, doesn't it? I'm just happy others finally stepped in and got Miller :behindbar

BTW....a burglar system is another story with hubby. When Chief Hunter was chief with CPD, he told me other options instead of a burglar system. We did all the things he suggested and my husband feels secure with that. One is a particular bolt we had put in each window frame, a bugular will have to break a window to get in. By that time our dog and or us has been made aware.

I have to admit this bolt is a 24/7 use, unless the window is open. We knew with the kids coming and going the alarm system would most likely be off most the time and they still wouldn't be protected. Husband still feels this way..:rolleyes:

Mom, as long as it stays south of Tryon Rd., you can have all the snow you want. I've had all the snow in my lifetime I care to see. In fact, if we get a significant amount, I'll send all mine to you! :cold: :yuck:

Sell it on eBay! Didn't someone try that stunt when we had 20+ inches a few years ago??:confused: I just remember eBay and snow....so don't throw snowballs if I am wrong :crazy:

Sell it on eBay! Didn't someone try that stunt when we had 20+ inches a few years ago??:confused: I just remember eBay and snow....so don't throw snowballs if I am wrong :crazy:

My hands don't even want to touch the stuff. After suffering working in DT Chicago and standing on the platform waiting for the train, trying to deal with several feet of snow, the cold blowing wind, the ice, deep snows through April, a soggy kitchen floor, frozen ankles, fingers, toes, getting up in the middle of the night to make sure the car starts, just being cold to the bone for months and months, I am waaay over snow. I hate winter. And I am ever grateful that winter in NC is nothing like winter up north. I used to wonder why anyone with any sense would live in weather like that. UGH

My hands don't even want to touch the stuff. After suffering working in DT Chicago and standing on the platform waiting for the train, trying to deal with several feet of snow, the cold blowing wind, the ice, deep snows through April, a soggy kitchen floor, frozen ankles, fingers, toes, getting up in the middle of the night to make sure the car starts, just being cold to the bone for months and months, I am waaay over snow. I hate winter. And I am ever grateful that winter in NC is nothing like winter up north. I used to wonder why anyone with any sense would live in weather like that. UGH
I can understand your reasoning after knowing that. I grew up in New England and the highlights of snow was riding the snowmobiles along the abandoned railroad tracks for hours, skiing, large sledding (tobaggon) parties with a barn fire. But, I was also a kid who had no big responsibility or worries in the world at the time.

I can understand your reasoning after knowing that. I grew up in New England and the highlights of snow was riding the snowmobiles along the abandoned railroad tracks for hours, skiing, large sledding (tobaggon) parties with a barn fire. But, I was also a kid who had no big responsibility or worries in the world at the time.

As a kid, it was fun. Until those dang red boots filled up with snow, sorta melted, and then froze the socks. Same with the mittens with the 'snowballs' frozen to them, and all soggy. :::sigh::: I guess my southern genes just didn't get along with my hostile northern habitat. My idea of a nice winter is a fire in the fireplace, a cozy afghan, warm slippers, a cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows, and a good book.

BTW locals, (and anyone else with a Whole Foods store nearby), those truffles in the red boxes are awesome. Just awesome.

Happy Halloween!!!! My pumpkins and pups!!!

1962039.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member