OH - 10 killed including Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yet their daughter seemed to turn out just fine. By all accounts, she sounded like a wonderful person. I haven't seen one negative comment or anything to indicate she was not mentally stable or healthy.
So they must have done something right.
We can't really know the family dynamics just based on what we've heard so far.
The parents are victims too. They lost both their children in the most horrible way imaginable. Imo
I've had friends with daughters tell me girls
are easier to raise, I only have sons. I wonder
also if girls have more one on one connection
to mothers and absentee fathers do not affect them as much.
Going by what's on sm one can read a lot into
what's really going on within families if you
look and interpret correctly.
I agree the parents have been put in a horrible
situation and to lose two children has to be horrific and worse considering the circumstances.
But if we're to learn more about preventing these tragedies we have to be willing to dig
for the possible causes and understand where
it all started.
The seeds of CB's dysfunction began many years ago and festered for more than a decade.
Yes, maybe alcohol and drugs played a small role as he aged, but the initial anger and violence was always there.
We see this in so many cases of young men who seem to suddenly go off the walls and commit atrocious crimes, but professionals
who later come in and study them usually find the trouble was years in the making.

Last edited:
Another gunman? I hope it's not (people are on edge lately).

https://nypost.com/2019/08/07/usa-today-headquarters-evacuated-after-report-of-armed-man/

"The Virginia headquarters of USA Today was evacuated on Wednesday as police responded to reports of a 'man with a weapon,' authorities and the publication said."

Update: Seems to be okay, not a gunman. People are feeling jittery these days.
WASHINGTON — USA TODAY's headquarters in McLean, Virginia was evacuated Wednesday amid a heavy police presence to what authorities said turned out to be a mistaken report of a person with a weapon at the suburban Washington office.

There was no indication of a shooting or a shooter at the building, according to a federal law enforcement official who was not authorized to speak publicly.
'No evidence of any acts of violence.' USA TODAY headquarters evacuated after report of armed person

WASHINGTON — USA TODAY's headquarters in McLean, Virginia was evacuated Wednesday amid a heavy police presence to what authorities said turned out to be a mistaken report of a person with a weapon at the suburban Washington office.

There was no indication of a shooting or a shooter at the building, according to a federal law enforcement official who was not authorized to speak publicly.
'No evidence of any acts of violence.' USA TODAY headquarters evacuated after report of armed person
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few more mistaken reports of gunmen in the coming days.

Everyone's nerves are frayed and there is little solace, though the passing of peaceful days helps.

jmo

I've been listening to multiple scanners over these past few days where citizens will claim gun shots and police in the area will say there's nothing. Honestly everyone's just on edge right now, and I don't blame them :(

I've had friends with daughters tell me girls
are easier to raise, I only have sons. I wonder
also if girls have more one on one connection
to mothers and absentee fathers do not affect them as much.
Going by what's on sm one can read a lot into
what's really going on within families if you
look and interpret correctly.
I agree the parents have been put in a horrible
situation and to lose two children has to be horrific and worse considering the circumstances.
But if we're to learn more about preventing these tragedies we have to be willing to dig
for the possible causes and understand where
it all started.
The seeds of CB's dysfunction began many years ago and festered for more than a decade.
Yes, maybe alcohol and drugs played a small role as he aged, but the initial anger and violence was always there.
We see this in so many cases of young men who seem to suddenly go off the walls and commit atrocious crimes, but professionals
who later come in and study them usually find the trouble was years in the making.
Haha, that's funny I've always been told boys are so much easier.
There certainly is a lot of drama in my daughter's life that I could do without.

And yes, of course environmental factors play a role in mental health and the development of disorders, especially personality disorders, as they are shaped during adolescence.
Some people are born with a genetic disposition and may or not develop a disorder. Theres no doubt that they will look very closely into all of this just as they have done in every other case. There has been 30 years of research on mass shooters.

But that he was having violent fantasies or uncontrollable urges, especially that frightened him, tells me he may have had a chemical imbalance or may have had a genetic trait that developed into something more severe if it was left untreated. And certainly parents need to get all the help they can for any child with these kinds of problems. It would be hard to believe his parents would not be aware, especially after the strangling incident that was reported.

We don't know his medical history, which would be a much better indication of a problem and the family dynamics than social media.
Like my daughter always says, "you can't believe everything you read online."

I'd rather leave it up to the experts and actual reports before making assumptions about what the family did or didn't do.

I think an absentee father has just as much affect on girls as it does boys.
Do we know if the father was not involved? If they were divorced, did they have visitation with him?

There are still a lot of unanswered questions, and it will likely take a long time for authorities to determine the motive and the mental health history of this guy. I'm sure they will look very deeply into his past. Imo

Dayton shooter was armed counter-protester at Ku Klux Klan rally
I think these articles show us that although these shooters might be quite similar in appearance (white, male, younger) and ideologies (being mad at the world, thinking everyone owes it to them) they certainly don't always share the same political beliefs.
Also, thank you @Gardenista for linking all of these articles!
The article on the victims is the best I've seen yet. It truly displays how beautiful they all were. My heart breaks for Lois & Teejay's families. 6 children without a parent :(

Yeah, he was searching for his connection and
personal philosophies w/ various groups.

He seems very delayed socially and emotionally,
like someone much younger.
By 24 many young men have finished college
and looking forward to a career.

He didn't have the emotional maturity to hook
up with females and maintain the relationship
without showing the anger and violence in his thoughts. He scared them.

I agree with an earlier poster who said this was
an attack against his parents. Including his
sister was in his mind, icing on the cake in his
anger toward his parents.
His parents would be subjected to public humiliation by having a son as mass murderer.

His problems, IMO, started years ago and were
not properly attended to. He was practically
ignored, things got smoothed over, and his life
went on. Nothing got worked on. He was very
confused but angry mentally.
He was the 'lost son'. Lots has been written
on this.
We need to learn from this. Kids cannot raise themselves, spending their days in a black dungeon bedroom, listening to some off rock band and getting their values from online groups.
Faulty Family dynamics need to change.
moo.

While I agree with you, until parents know what to do, how to do it, who to call for help, and get the help that their child actually needs, it won't stop. If the these young people who are shooters, are the type who I think they are, it's very difficult to reach them, and to parent them. Not one parent expects to bring home a baby who will turn out to have a personality disorder, and I honestly believe that many of these shooters, have a some type of personality disorder, and they have worn their families down over the years. These kids are wired differently. Not all kids with personality disorders go on to be school or mall shooters, some are just obstinate, and narcissistic, til the day they die, but there are some, who develop "anti-social personality" disorder and that, imo, is very, very, bad. I don't know if there is a "fix" for that.

Wow this dude was so confused on his beliefs. You protested at a KKK rally but then you shoot up a crowd that was predominately African American. He’s potentially worse than the klansmen. Wth!
Potentially? When has the klan committed a mass shooting this year? This guy is, like all mass murderers, as bad as it gets.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1
Back