OH - 10 killed including Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A woman, who was shot in the head during the horrific mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio early Sunday morning, expressed one heartbreaking final wish on the phone with her boyfriend — to get home to her children.

In an emotional Facebook post, Daryl “Dee” Lee shared his girlfriend Lois “Lola” Oglesby’s last words.

“She FaceTimed me and said ‘Babe, I just got shot in my head, I need to get to my kids,” Lee wrote on Sunday following the massacre.

“Like that’s strong as f— to hold off to call me!!” Lee continued. “She was letting me know she loved me and to take care of these kids and I got you babe!!!!!!!! I can’t stop crying!!!!!!!”

Woman Shot in Head During Dayton Massacre Called Boyfriend and Said She Needed to Get to Her Kids
I don’t understand how this is possible but wow how absolutely traumatizing for this man. It makes me so angry the lives that were taken for no damn reason

Not to mention the fact that it's so hard to find good mental health care.
That's another area that needs improvement. Imo
Plus the fact it can take 3-4 months to get into the only psychiatrist around that’s taking new patients. We need to stop accepting this and our government needs to change it. It should also be included in insurance coverage. It’s pure insanity.

Interesting from HLN this am. Ex-girlfriend states that shooter told her that he was bipolar and periodically felt the urge to do things like burn houses, hurt people, etc.

Last edited:
Plus the fact it can take 3-4 months to get into the only psychiatrist around that’s taking new patients. We need to stop accepting this and our government needs to change it. It should also be included in insurance coverage. It’s pure insanity.
I agree and there's been nothing but cuts to mental health care. I've worked with a few psychologists that went into accelerated nursing programs because funding was scarce, few could pay outright and reimbursement was barely survivable. Mental health is a luxury now that few can afford. Incredibly sad.

Protested at Dayton’s KKK rally with his gun and spoke with reporters.

Went to Blind Bob’s across the street with sister and friend (who isn’t Megan’s bf as he was dating someone else) and left a little after midnight. DPD said there was an “interesting dynamic” in text(s) with the friend after he left but haven’t disclosed what that means.

Sister and friend left Blind Bob’s at 1am and walked across the street and were outside of Ned’s (which is NOT a country/western bar as stated on the earlier thread). Megan was killed at 1:06.

Unconfirmed by DPD is a statement that the friend they were with was on the murderer’s HS hit list which would make this all the more puzzling.

NOTHING about this makes much sense when you go through scenarios and possible theories. It’s turned our community upside down and what we want the most...to understand the slightest bit...could likely never come.

Wow this dude was so confused on his beliefs. You protested at a KKK rally but then you shoot up a crowd that was predominately African American. He’s potentially worse than the klansmen. Wth!
Yeah, he was searching for his connection and
personal philosophies w/ various groups.

He seems very delayed socially and emotionally,
like someone much younger.
By 24 many young men have finished college
and looking forward to a career.

He didn't have the emotional maturity to hook
up with females and maintain the relationship
without showing the anger and violence in his thoughts. He scared them.

I agree with an earlier poster who said this was
an attack against his parents. Including his
sister was in his mind, icing on the cake in his
anger toward his parents.
His parents would be subjected to public humiliation by having a son as mass murderer.

His problems, IMO, started years ago and were
not properly attended to. He was practically
ignored, things got smoothed over, and his life
went on. Nothing got worked on. He was very
confused but angry mentally.
He was the 'lost son'. Lots has been written
on this.
We need to learn from this. Kids cannot raise themselves, spending their days in a black dungeon bedroom, listening to some off rock band and getting their values from online groups.
Faulty Family dynamics need to change.
moo.

From the last thread, link from @Gardenista :

Video shows Dayton gunman in bar hours before shooting

Security camera footage obtained exclusively by CNN shows Connor Betts' movements on the night of the Dayton gunman's mass shooting.
New video shows Dayton gunman in bar hours before shooting - CNN Video

“Betts spent more than an hour at Blind Bob's bar after entering with a woman who appears to be his sister Megan and a third person, according to the video reviewed by CNN.
Connor Betts, 24, does not stand out; he is dressed like others at the bar in T-shirt, shorts and sneakers. The vest and mask he will wear later during the shooting are not visible.
The three can be seen entering the Dayton bar at approximately 11:09 p.m. ET on Saturday night. The footage shows Connor Betts walking in first, being carded and getting a wristband, then waiting for the two others to enter. He is seen on the surveillance camera moving to the patio and back to the bar.”

Exclusive video shows Dayton gunman Connor Betts in bar in the hours before shooting
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/06/us/surveillance-video-connor-betts-in-bar/index.html

Yeah, he was searching for his connection and
personal philosophies w/ various groups.

He seems very delayed socially and emotionally,
like someone much younger.
By 24 many young men have finished college
and looking forward to a career.

He didn't have the emotional maturity to hook
up with females and maintain the relationship
without showing the anger and violence in his thoughts. He scared them.

I agree with an earlier poster who said this was
an attack against his parents. Including his
sister was in his mind, icing on the cake in his
anger toward his parents.
His parents would be subjected to public humiliation by having a son as mass murderer.

His problems, IMO, started years ago and were
not properly attended to. He was practically
ignored, things got smoothed over, and his life
went on. Nothing got worked on. He was very
confused but angry mentally.
He was the 'lost son'. Lots has been written
on this.
We need to learn from this. Kids cannot raise themselves, spending their days in a black dungeon bedroom, listening to some off rock band and getting their values from online groups.
Faulty Family dynamics need to change.
moo.
It does seem like he knew this would be one of the worst things he could do because his father has multiple posts about how terrible mass shootings are on his SM. However CB did as well. He also said out loud to others that “he could do so much damage if he shot up this bar”. It’s such conflicting information. Gets along with his sister but shoots her. Leftist but owns guns with mods for increased ammo. Writes about how America does nothing about mass shootings and then performs a mass shooting. Anti KKK but then shoots a predominately AA bar. Scared of his demons but draws them and joins a band with murder lyrics.

Was he trying to fight it and hide who he really was and that’s the disconnect? Or was he literally this psychotic for years of his dang life?

It does seem like he knew this would be one of the worst things he could do because his father has multiple posts about how terrible mass shootings are on his SM. However CB did as well. He also said out loud to others that “he could do so much damage if he shot up this bar”. It’s such conflicting information. Gets along with his sister but shoots her. Leftist but owns guns with mods for increased ammo. Writes about how America does nothing about mass shootings and then performs a mass shooting. Anti KKK but then shoots a predominately AA bar. Scared of his demons but draws them and joins a band with murder lyrics.

Was he trying to fight it and hide who he really was and that’s the disconnect? Or was he literally this psychotic for years of his dang life?
moo
He was searching- trying to find his wings.
But he had no positive guidance. He was
totally lost- on his own.

Everything I see done as a family unit was shown for public display and opinion.

Very little interaction between CB and his father. This 'kid' was a PIA to his parents.
The problem child. Started many years ago.
Dad had his own outlets and interests. Not joint
family activities. Both parents involved with their own lives outside of family.
Keep the big house and mortgage paid for.
Go after the PhD at work, enter the frisbee
championships, hang out at the clubs to check out new bands, slosh around the micro breweries. Be an expert on new beers.
These aren't 'family' activities. These are personal pleasures.
Mom was busy with her outside work life and had the added responsibility of raising the kids,
practically alone. Dad paid the bills OK but
that's all. This was not a healthy family unit.

moo

It said he protested the KKK rally.
Right, which conflicts with most of his victims being African American.
So he is potentially worse than the protesters because he actually murdered people. (I think that's what the point was)

It's also possible that he did not target anyone in particular, other than his sister, if she was the target.
He may have just shot anyone in his way, or whoever happened to be there. They were all shot in about 30 seconds, after all.

moo
He was searching- trying to find his wings.
But he had no positive guidance. He was
totally lost- on his own.

Everything I see done as a family unit was shown for public display and opinion.

Very little interaction between CB and his father. This 'kid' was a PIA to his parents.
The problem child. Started many years ago.
Dad had his own outlets and interests. Not joint
family activities. Both parents involved with their own lives outside of family.
Keep the big house and mortgage paid for.
Go after the PhD at work, enter the frisbee
championships, hang out at the clubs to check out new bands, slosh around the micro breweries. Be an expert on new beers.
These aren't 'family' activities. These are personal pleasures.
Mom was busy with her outside work life and had the added responsibility of raising the kids,
practically alone. Dad paid the bills OK but
that's all. This was not a healthy family unit.

moo
Yet their daughter seemed to turn out just fine. By all accounts, she sounded like a wonderful person. I haven't seen one negative comment or anything to indicate she was not mentally stable or healthy.
So they must have done something right.
We can't really know the family dynamics just based on what we've heard so far.
The parents are victims too. They lost both their children in the most horrible way imaginable. Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez
Back